Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Elyounoussi

I don't like to write signings off before they come here but frankly...absolutely not. I could get the rationale for Bertrand and even Vesty but this guy? He's painfully ordinary in a team circling the relegation drain. 

What I don’t get is what the premise is, irrespective of his not being that good.  He’s a right-footed left-sided winger or MF - who is he replacing, exactly?  If there’s any position you’d think we wouldn’t need to do dump resources on it’s that one.

Edited by Deeg67

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What I don’t get is what the premise is, irrespective of his not being that good.  He’s a right-footed left-sided winger or MF - who is he replacing, exactly?  If there’s any position you’d think we wouldn’t need to do dump resources on it’s that one.

I'm struggling to work it out. If we want a right-footed LW, Lookman is better, cheaper, younger and is already settled here.

Just hoping this is his agent trying to get him a better deal at Soton.

30 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm struggling to work it out. If we want a right-footed LW, Lookman is better, cheaper, younger and is already settled here.

Just hoping this is his agent trying to get him a better deal at Soton.

I'm struggling too. BR wants a leaner smaller squad this year and you don't create a decent team with signings like that. If we had 50-60 games next year then I could get the logic but I'd still be against it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I agree.  Although ex-West Ham employee tweeted it - it’s load of rubbish IMO

Bloke wants a new contract.

Here’s a question for ya’s, and it’s a genuine one. Is this guy better (or got potential to be better) than Perez?

Is this a potential squad filler signing with some old wood being replaced by new wood. This chap presumably isn’t going to be a starter but May being looked as an upgrade on Perez (who maybe we’re moving on).

For the record, this potential signing hasn’t got me jumping around, but trying to apply some context and logic (if I can).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Here’s a question for ya’s, and it’s a genuine one. Is this guy better (or got potential to be better) than Perez?

Is this a potential squad filler signing with some old wood being replaced by new wood. This chap presumably isn’t going to be a starter but May being looked as an upgrade on Perez (who maybe we’re moving on).

For the record, this potential signing hasn’t got me jumping around, but trying to apply some context and logic (if I can).

The best way to improve your team and subsequently your squad, is buy buying first team ready players, to replace a current first teamer, which in turn, improves the bench.  Bringing in players that are just going to fill the squad out but not improve the first team will at best see us stand still, and at worst, in the longer term, see us turn into Stoke, who got complacent and felt like they were comfortable in the Premier league, and that didn't end well for them. You can not stand still in this league, you have to continually improve, otherwise you slowly drift backwards, and end up back in the championship. Last summers transfers window was a really poor one, with only Daka, who still has the jury out on how he's going to turn out, even a half decent purchase. The emergence of KDH though, was a big plus. We really need to be getting our recruitment right this summer, to offset the poor one we had last summer.

• Like 4