Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Elyounoussi

28 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The best way to improve your team and subsequently your squad, is buy buying first team ready players, to replace a current first teamer, which in turn, improves the bench.  Bringing in players that are just going to fill the squad out but not improve the first team will at best see us stand still, and at worst, in the longer term, see us turn into Stoke, who got complacent and felt like they were comfortable in the Premier league, and that didn't end well for them. You can not stand still in this league, you have to continually improve, otherwise you slowly drift backwards, and end up back in the championship. Last summers transfers window was a really poor one, with only Daka, who still has the jury out on how he's going to turn out, even a half decent purchase. The emergence of KDH though, was a big plus. We really need to be getting our recruitment right this summer, to offset the poor one we had last summer.

Yeah I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said tbh, but if we are committed to moving some players on (such as Perez), then maybe signing this guy on a free is an “opportunity” to replace Perez who we will hopefully get command some sort of a fee for and we could flog this guy in a couple years regardless (assuming we don’t do something stupid like offer him £80k a week!).

Soumare

Perez

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Elyounoussi 

I simply don't think Rodgers could afford to sign him as that would be the final nail in the coffin when it comes to the 'quality of the transfer dealings under his tenure' debate. 

Horror show stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Yeah I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said tbh, but if we are committed to moving some players on (such as Perez), then maybe signing this guy on a free is an “opportunity” to replace Perez who we will hopefully get command some sort of a fee for and we could flog this guy in a couple years regardless (assuming we don’t do something stupid like offer him £80k a week!).

Is he any better than Perez though that's the thing. Personally I'm not convinced that he is. Maybe he's more suited to playing out wide than Perez I suppose, but again not really the right sided player that we we need. We need to make that right side a priority this summer, and make sure we bring in some proper quality, even if it means paying a bit more than we would ideally like too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Is he any better than Perez though that's the thing. Personally I'm not convinced that he is. Maybe he's more suited to playing out wide than Perez I suppose, but again not really the right sided player that we we need. We need to make that right side a priority this summer, and make sure we bring in some proper quality, even if it means paying a bit more than we would ideally like too. 

Agreed, let’s hope this is a real p!ss poor attempt at a smokescreen to force another target in!

Guest Kopfkino

Why did Rudkin cop all the flak at Swansea away the other year but now we get underwhelming links and it’s straight on Rodgers?

IF this was to be the trajectory of our transfers then the problem runs far higher than the manager.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

The best way to improve your team and subsequently your squad, is buy buying first team ready players, to replace a current first teamer, which in turn, improves the bench.  Bringing in players that are just going to fill the squad out but not improve the first team will at best see us stand still, and at worst, in the longer term, see us turn into Stoke, who got complacent and felt like they were comfortable in the Premier league, and that didn't end well for them. You can not stand still in this league, you have to continually improve, otherwise you slowly drift backwards, and end up back in the championship. Last summers transfers window was a really poor one, with only Daka, who still has the jury out on how he's going to turn out, even a half decent purchase. The emergence of KDH though, was a big plus. We really need to be getting our recruitment right this summer, to offset the poor one we had last summer.

Stoke are an excellent comparator as a warning flag. They were hobbled by having a useless arrogant manager but there's no denying that they had some very good players until they got fed up with all the crap swirling around the club and stopped playing. Shopping (possibly)  for players from a perpetual relegation dodger like southampton worries me as a fan of this club and I am not constrained from discussing rumour and speculation - surely that's allowed in this section or do we have to wait until someone is photographed holding up the city shirt before offering an opinion on the wisdom and  validity of his signing .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick said:

If he arrives for a medical maybe people should start asking questions but this hatred for the manager and his signings that haven’t happened is making posters look very daft.

Amazing isn't it, does Brendan get praise when we're linked with great players?

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's like when Preki was supposed to be our next manager. We all knew it was bollox but people were going mad about because they enjoyed a rant.

Was also reminded of this 😂

I think the reaction tho reflects Rodgers building up the ‘Refresh’ from the FA Cup defeat and us not getting in an early signing.

Hopefully they are working hard in the background but I sense we may be waiting a while yet. My hope is they focus on a few players of real quality ready to start or put established players under real pressure.  Based on limited funds we may need to take a risk on youth / less popular markets

4 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Here’s a question for ya’s, and it’s a genuine one. Is this guy better (or got potential to be better) than Perez?

Is this a potential squad filler signing with some old wood being replaced by new wood. This chap presumably isn’t going to be a starter but May being looked as an upgrade on Perez (who maybe we’re moving on).

For the record, this potential signing hasn’t got me jumping around, but trying to apply some context and logic (if I can).

I would sooner just keep Perez which speaks volumes. This bloke's profile, looks to me like he's a hard worker but just not very good.

I'm not totally convinced it's happening by any means. It's just too silly a move.

• Like 3

Not too sure if this has been put in here as it was posted before this thread started?

Thankfully I get the feeling like others have mentioned that we are just being used in the midst of contract talks

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not too sure if this has been put in here as it was posted before this thread started?

Thankfully I get the feeling like others have mentioned that we are just being used in the midst of contract talks

Excellent news. You stay where you are matey.  Can we close the tread now?

• Like 1