Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Elyounoussi

19 hours ago, stu said:

am i missing something…. ex why guy has been tagged, he hasn’t tweeted anything about it though? 

I could make up some rubbish and tag him and you’d all think it’s suddenly credible?

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

am i missing something…. ex why guy has been tagged, he hasn’t tweeted anything about it though? 

I could make up some rubbish and tag him and you’d all think it’s suddenly credible?

He mentioned it on his transfer podcast

• Sad 1

Based on the news reports - I now have a fear that this club is headed for a decline.  

In the recent past LCFC has gotten its business done quickly.  That doesn't seem to be happening and targeting older players at a crap club like Southhampton....ugh.

Could the club be having some financial concerns?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Based on the news reports - I now have a fear that this club is headed for a decline.  

In the recent past LCFC has gotten its business done quickly.  That doesn't seem to be happening and targeting older players at a crap club like Southhampton....ugh.

...I  don't see that there are financial issues, just that we are not a ruthless and cut throat,  negotiating with clubs!!!

We spent a summer chasing Trincao and the next one chasing Berardi, neither of them came to us,  or ever looked like coming. You get the feeling that we have been played at times and taking control of our transfers probably needs a stronger hand involved in the deals.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Could the club be having some financial concerns

The windows only been open since Friday, and nobody signs players on a weekend. 

Any deals that are done will depend on many different parties, the 2 clubs, the player, agents, maybe somebody else needs to be sold first to finance the deal. We can't dictate when things will happen. 

We have these panics every year, what will be will be. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The windows only been open since Friday, and nobody signs players on a weekend. 

Not to mention that:
- All the major European windows (Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium etc.) only open July 1st
- we've currently got internationals going on and other than some high profile exceptions, transfer business never gets done during these times

I dont know if we've maybe got a skewed perception of what a usual summer window looks like because of the last 2 years. After 19/20 we had covid delaying the summer and making it seem short and this time last year the Euros started and kept our minds occupied for another 4 weeks.

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 03:36, TeaMen Tom said:

You fear we’re heading for decline based on a dodgy tentative link to one random player?

Has Leicester ever got there business done early? I don’t think we have, but could be wrong. 
I don’t think it’s any secret that we need to get some big earners out, before we can bring in our main transfer targets. I’d much rather that way of doing things than being Everton, Villa or the like who go hung ho early on crap.

• Like 4

On 11/06/2022 at 18:36, TeaMen Tom said:

Maybe not financial concerns, or in the way that you paint it, but it’s clear that our current wage bill is unsustainable for players and management while the investment in infrastructure will also limit our spending power.

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You fear we’re heading for decline based on a dodgy tentative link to one random player?

Has Leicester ever got there business done early? I don’t think we have, but could be wrong. 
I don’t think it’s any secret that we need to get some big earners out, before we can bring in our main transfer targets. I’d much rather that way of doing things than being Everton, Villa or the like who go hung ho early on crap.

We have signed plenty of players early in windows in recent years.

24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maybe not financial concerns, or in the way that you paint it, but it’s clear that our current wage bill is unsustainable for players and management while the investment in infrastructure will also limit our spending power.

Listening to Rob Tanner from The Athletic last Monday, he did say that the club have to sell some players before they bring anyone in.

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s quite scary how skint we are…

Tbh, if we are a bit skint, it doesn't really scare me. If we are (and I don't think we are. There's a big difference between being skint, and having to sell before you buy), then a 're-build' should not be on the agenda. We should simply, clear the fringe players and those players that want to leave, and add just a handful of quality players, available on free's and small for fees. I think three players would suffice, rather than the five or six touted.

Of the fringe players we want rid of, how many do you think will be in demand or command a similar wage to what we pay? Maybe Soyuncu, potentially Tielemans but the others like Hamza, Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Soumare and Betrand are not going to get the same wages elsewhere and therefore probably won’t be easy to shift.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Tbh, if we are a bit skint, it doesn't really scare me. If we are (and I don't think we are. There's a big difference between being skint, and having to sell before you buy), then a 're-build' should not be on the agenda. We should simply, clear the fringe players and those players that want to leave, and add just a handful of quality players, available on free's and small for fees. I think three players would suffice, rather than the five or six touted.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s quite scary how skint we are…

This is how we have always operated. We sell assets to buy assets. But due to the failed window last summer, we need to sell some more assets to generate more funding.

We’re not skint, the way we operate as a club is to be self sufficient, therefore we have to generate money ourselves, covid + a poor window last summer has scuppered the plans slightly. 

There’s no need to start fretting about it. 

• Like 3