Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Elyounoussi

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Of the fringe players we want rid of, how many do you think will be in demand or command a similar wage to what we pay? Maybe Soyuncu, potentially Tielemans but the others like Hamza, Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Soumare and Betrand are not going to get the same wages elsewhere and therefore probably won’t be easy to shift.

I agree. I think we should shift out;

Ward (he'll need game time for the WC run in),

Jakupovic (gone),

Daley-Campbell (gone)

Soyuncu, 

Soumare (loan out)

Tielemans

Choudhury (nearly gone)

Praet

I Don't think we will be able to move on Vestergaard, Bertrand or Perez.

I think with the money collated from the above we should bring in a quality, relatively cheap work horse, grafter center midfielder (not a like-for -like Youri replacement) and swtich our creative focus to Maddison and a high quality right wing/rhs attacker for free or a lowish fee.

I think we should also bring in a CB on loan, to cover Evans. 

Also extend Amartey and Mendy contracts if required.

Thus shaving the squad down to 24 senior players. We have no Europe this season.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Of the fringe players we want rid of, how many do you think will be in demand or command a similar wage to what we pay? Maybe Soyuncu, potentially Tielemans but the others like Hamza, Praet, Perez, Vestergaard, Soumare and Betrand are not going to get the same wages elsewhere and therefore probably won’t be easy to shift.

Very true, and is why clubs keep wanting to take them on loans rather than buy. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

This is how we have always operated. We sell assets to buy assets. But due to the failed window last summer, we need to sell some more assets to generate more funding.

We’re not skint, the way we operate as a club is to be self sufficient, therefore we have to generate money ourselves, covid + a poor window last summer has scuppered the plans slightly. 

There’s no need to start fretting about it. 

Basically we are trying to do it the right way. The problem is other clubs just keep chucking money at it. We have proved it in the past, that it's not all about spending lots of money, although clearly it can only help, but mainly its about getting recruitment right. Last summer was really poor for us, and we have to get it right this time, otherwise we will start to drift down the table, and be playing catch up again. I can't stress how important and how massive this summers recruitment is for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Agreed - close the thread and pretend it never existed

If we could that would be great. I just shudder that we are even being linked to such utter garbage. 6 players needed apparently. NOT this sort of player. 

Some of the negativity on here, WOW.

Generally, we have always sold one big player a summer until last season, selling before we buy is nothing new. 

We will spend about 20m plus what we get in which should be around the 40m-50m mark, so we are going to have about 70m to spend.

With that, we need a CB, CM and a RW, very doable 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

As pointed out elsewhere, it is wages that have hamstrung us, not transfer fees per see.

This is the danger as a long serving member of the Premier League,  you bump up players wages organically, you bring in new players who want good salaries just to come, and eventually, if your commercial revenue does not follows close behind your spending, you reach this point.

Not selling last year must surely have not been in the longer term plan, it has left us with a rabbit from a hat scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God no. He actually had really decent stats in his time with us, he had a knack of popping up with goals but beyond that never really done much at all. Couldn't beat a man, wasn't quick, didn't seem like a winger but when played cetnrally would go missing. I wouldn't want him back at Celtic let alone at an EPL club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As pointed out elsewhere, it is wages that have hamstrung us, not transfer fees per see.

This is the danger as a long serving member of the Premier League,  you bump up players wages organically, you bring in new players who want good salaries just to come, and eventually, if your commercial revenue does not follows close behind your spending, you reach this point.

Not selling last year must surely have not been in the longer term plan, it has left us with a rabbit from a hat scenario.

That's why it's critical to be brave enough to sell when players value is at their maximum, that's what keeps the wheels turning on the successful transfer model. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's why it's critical to be brave enough to sell when players value is at their maximum, that's what keeps the wheels turning on the successful transfer model. 

The problem last year, and I imagine we would have happily sold Youri then if we could,  was the economic situation and we could not recoup a value we deemed as acceptable is my guess, but broadly I agree.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The problem last year, and I imagine we would have happily sold Youri then if we could,  was the economic situation and we could not recoup a value we deemed as acceptable is my guess, but broadly I agree.

Yeah fair point, last year the market was stale for sure for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

To shift them we'll have to sell them for much lower fees than they're nominally worth. Loaning players out and paying X% of their wages still doesn't help us much in the long term.

We're betting off selling Hamza for £3m, Perez for £7m, Soumare for £10m etc than paying their wages for years whilst they depreciate in value and eat up our wage budget.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

It’s quite scary how skint we are…

We have one of the highest wage to revenue ratios in the division. We can’t keep signing players on big salaries without selling some.

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

It’s quite scary how skint we are…

I reckon Top has no access to funds unless his family agree to it and why should they be interested in Leicester City, this was Top and Vichais hobby and as we know, Vichai was the boss. Just a theory

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Without the owners providing direct cash injections which they never have done, and the gradual decline of the scouting department, I think this will be the type of player we'll be targeting for a while. 

Well this is not true.

Paid off the debt and financed over 170m worth of loans they have called in. As well as 20m worth of sponsorship a year.

The downfall of the EPL being the money league is that signing mistakes are incredibly hard to recover from. The wages are just so inflated so it rules out so many leagues and just about the only option are terrible loan deals or hoping an elite team randomly want them. 

Had smalling, sanchez or young played for us... they probably wouldnt have received those gigs in italy after the way their careers ended in england simply because we dont have the reputation that not good enough for us would be good enough for them. Of the fringe players, the only ones who I could see us getting a fee for is Praet and Vestergarde. But the only good deal we could do for any of them would be with other prem sides

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I reckon Top has no access to funds unless his family agree to it and why should they be interested in Leicester City, this was Top and Vichais hobby and as we know, Vichai was the boss. Just a theory

...Top is the head of King Power, he has the executive clout to release funds to projects that he sees fit!!!

FFP is the reason why we do not choose to inject funds, that has not emerged through trading by the football club.

We may be a subsidiary of King Power, but we are also a registered entity which has its own Balance Sheet, where we are audited.