Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

New Season Fixtures on Thursday

On 13/06/2022 at 17:07, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s December 21st when the entire league is closed down because of the World Cup?

This is the exact same run we had title winning season albeit Bournemouth was at home. Think he was referring to that. 

• Like 1

There will probably be another fixture leak at some point today. The earliest anyone knows these fixtures is 6am tomorrow when they get sent out to the clubs and media…. Who are banned from publicly revealing them until 9am as most people will know. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

There will probably be another fixture leak at some point today. The earliest anyone knows these fixtures is 6am tomorrow when they get sent out to the clubs and media…. Who are banned from publicly revealing them until 9am as most people will know. 

The problem is that they have practice runs in the preceding week to make sure that all the criteria needing to be met has worked out. 

it’s clear that some of these are ‘leaked’ as they won’t be so careful to keep these ‘quiet’.  As you say, the clubs/media see them at 6am tomorrow. If we get forest first game then that’s the kind of thing which could creep out pre release. 

On 13/06/2022 at 16:18, Cardiff_Fox said:

Won't be Forest - not after all the trouble in February. They will want it winter months

That’s not how the fixtures are worked out as you probably know.

Each team is paired with another so when we play away, they do etc, plus all the algorithms for teams near each other.

Apparently local derbies are avoided on certain match days, first of season I think is one, they try to arrange local games for mid weeks but this never happens, but as someone mentions Liverpool around Christmas, that’s probably to do with the way everything is sorted and it’s the only realistic slot for those games, it’s actually quite interesting reading up how it’s all worked out, plenty of it on google.

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just realised I'm away from 6th-13th August. 

Only in UK so could mean either a delayed start to the holiday or early end depending on when our first home fixture is.

I am away quite a bit in August and September, so depending on how the home fixtures fall I could be missing quite a few matches, unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, promised land said:

That’s not how the fixtures are worked out as you probably know.

Each team is paired with another so when we play away, they do etc, plus all the algorithms for teams near each other.

Apparently local derbies are avoided on certain match days, first of season I think is one, they try to arrange local games for mid weeks but this never happens, but as someone mentions Liverpool around Christmas, that’s probably to do with the way everything is sorted and it’s the only realistic slot for those games, it’s actually quite interesting reading up how it’s all worked out, plenty of it on google.

Well aware - the algorithms they use only allow so many possibilities hence the Liverpool/Man City games every Christmas. Man U is normally early. Wolves always February. Villa always December. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

The good thing about it all is that there’s no reason now to not have a full fixture list on Boxing Day. 

I think it's the other way. 

Means they have more space to work with to move games around... 

• Like 1

i don’t think there’s a better opening day fixture than southampton at home. 

Personally i hate playing newly promoted sides on the opening day. That’s when they are the most dangerous. 

let them get a pumping from one of the top clubs first. Momentum is everything in football and these teams (especially forest) will be really up for that first game back.

I also think fulham are going to be entirely different this time around. The championship standard has improved recently and they absolutely crushed it. They have the potential to reach lower mid table imo, but many will assume they will flop because of previous years… but that intel means absolutely nothing. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1