Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

New Season Fixtures on Thursday

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The fixtures are pretty good for the fans but is it just me that thinks this looks much harder than the last few seasons? 

Looks pretty easy to me, remember the season after we won the league guaranteed 3 points first game in 2016/17 against Hull.

+Quite pleased with August to be honest. 

Middling side to start with, then our guaranteed 3 points against Saints :P 

Two London away days but against Arsenal who are still 'building' and Chelsea who have had a pretty unsettling time and also finished the season terribly.

And then United at home to test where they are at under their new manager! Under the lights will make it a great atmosphere too.

October will be the test of where we are really at, if we're heading for top 6 then we win 4 out of 6 of those, if we are where we were last season that could be a horror month!

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The fixtures are pretty good for the fans but is it just me that thinks this looks much harder than the last few seasons? 

I thought that.

I said on another thread the first 5 away days are all good but also very tough.

What a peculiar fixture list. For a team with no European commitments there seems to be three pockets of congestion over the year. Also much has been made of the shake up to festive fixtures but they’re all still there! Then after that we have a spacious run of one Premier League game a week until the end of the season. 

My girlfriend is also going to be delighted that Tuesday nights - the night she often asks me not to work because it’s our ‘date night’ - is now Leicester night! 🙈

Edited by An Away Move

I enjoy the brief vision of all of those potential Saturday 3 O'Clock home games :D, like looking at a beautiful tranquil field full of freshly fallen snow before people let their dogs loose on it, we'll call them Beattie and Skye, Sh***ing and p*****g all over the place :@.

Speaking of which do Amazon (or Ammo as we'll call him) have 1 or 2 matchdays again this season?

• Haha 1

Actually think that's a nice start to the season. Some tests of where we are against the best teams whilst the window is still open but 2 games we really should be winning too. From those 5 fixtures last season we took 10 points. 

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I enjoy the brief vision of all of those potential Saturday 3 O'Clock home games :D, like looking at a beautiful tranquil field full of freshly fallen snow before people let their dogs loose on it, we'll call them Beattie and Skye, Sh***ing and p*****g all over the place :@.

Speaking of which do Amazon (or Ammo as we'll call him) have 1 or 2 matchdays again this season?

We do have it first game of the season 

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But look at what then happened 

more likely the 12:30 Saturday BT fixture 

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

They won't after the fa cup the police will state when and what time it kicks off.

TV don't get to override public safety.

Possibly, but believe me. Serious concerns were raised from both police forces for the game in Jan and it was still that kick off time. 

I mean, you can look at Liverpool v Man United, Arsenal v Tottenham I could go on they're generally the 1630 slot.

57 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Possibly, but believe me. Serious concerns were raised from both police forces for the game in Jan and it was still that kick off time. 

I mean, you can look at Liverpool v Man United, Arsenal v Tottenham I could go on they're generally the 1630 slot.

Agree. That time on a Sunday is prime viewing. TV companies only care about themselves.