Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-season schedule 2022 All six pre-season dates for Leicester City now confirmed

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Kasper Schmeichel to miss Leicester's pre-season training camp in France - with manager Brendan Rodgers resting the Denmark goalkeeper after draining Nations League campaign

Leicester will travel to Evian, eastern France, this weekend before travelling to Belgium next Friday for a friendly on Saturday against their sister club OH Leuven.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10996551/Kasper-Schmeichel-miss-Leicesters-pre-season-training-camp-France.html

Oooooh good, 1 less week to work on set pieces with him.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Oooooh good, 1 less week to work on set pieces with him.

This is crazy to my mind.

unless you consider the root of the problem to be the back 4/5 and the GK blameless.

I would be inclined to start Ward at the beginning of the season.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Even during the last season, Schmeichel was still a better keeper than Ward will ever be. 

I wouldn't disagree, but you're making out that Ward is basically a pillow with legs haha.

Ward is competent premier league keeper who has done fairly well when called upon. He can definitely be improved on, but playing him isn't going to end up with us getting tonked every game lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I wouldn't disagree, but you're making out that Ward is basically a pillow with legs haha.

Ward is competent premier league keeper who has done fairly well when called upon. He can definitely be improved on, but playing him isn't going to end up with us getting tonked every game lol

He properly f**ked us at Forest. Unforgivable 😂

Would you be confident with him against Arsenal and Chelsea away?

• Haha 1

Just now, phoneticerror said:

He properly f**ked us at Forest. Unforgivable 😂

Would you be confident with him against Arsenal and Chelsea away?

lol Understandable, although I only thought one of them he could perhaps have done a touch better. Considering our only decent chance was when Samba went mental, I don't think anyone came out of that game with credit haha.

I'd be confident he'd put in a decent performance aye, I'd prefer to have a better keeper between the sticks though.

I'm pretty sure Iversen is that man, so hopefully we never have to find out :D

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Kasper Schmeichel to miss Leicester's pre-season training camp in France - with manager Brendan Rodgers resting the Denmark goalkeeper after draining Nations League campaign

Leicester will travel to Evian, eastern France, this weekend before travelling to Belgium next Friday for a friendly on Saturday against their sister club OH Leuven.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10996551/Kasper-Schmeichel-miss-Leicesters-pre-season-training-camp-France.html

I’m not sure how draining playing in goal is.

19 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’d be inclined to expect a belting if thats the case. 

Was really pushing back against the logic of allowing Kasper further time away when we need to perform a belt and braces reset of our defence / set piece defending.

I would have brought in a new No.1 but accept that won’t happen. I don’t see much difference between Kasper,  who is on the decline and Ward.

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Pretty sure when I heard it, he said it was to do with Kasper playing at the World Cup this year so he needs a later break.

Cannot wait for him to use the excuse that the mid season World Cup has meant he couldn't fix the set piece issue as he couldn't have his players for the full pre-season and the next time he'll work with them again will be July 2023.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Looking forward to seeing who’s travelled and who hasn’t to Evian, guess they go tomorrow?