Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-season schedule 2022 All six pre-season dates for Leicester City now confirmed

No Choudhury in the Evian squad from what I’ve seen?

Isn’t a case of not taking “likely the ones to go” though as Vestergaard, Praet and Perez have all gone.

Bertrand nowhere to be seen though as expected.

8 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Isn’t a case of not taking “likely the ones to go” though as Vestergaard, Praet and Perez have all gone.

Guessing he also didn’t play for 23s last night? 

32 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

He is there, he was in the video of them boarding the plane I'm sure of it?

1 minute ago, Jabfox said:

Yes am sure I saw his IG story at the hotel in Evian. 

Yeah it does look like here is there

Just strange he doesn't appear to be in a single photo so far, not like he is easy to miss either

Unless he has picked up a knock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah it does look like here is there

Just strange he doesn't appear to be in a single photo so far, not like he is easy to miss either

Unless he has picked up a knock

Yeah could well have picked up a knock, I reckon we will have a better idea by the end of the week. 

4 hours ago, Aleksz said:

It’s insane, when you think about it, that an injury he sustained in a warm-up has seemingly ended his career 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-evian-squad-choudhury-7327433

The 31 players in Evian as Leicester City look to kick on from 'very broken' fortnight
A full rundown of the squad Brendan Rodgers has at his disposal at the club spend a few days training on the banks of Lake Geneva before heading to Belgium at the weekend

Goalkeepers: Daniel Iversen, Jakub Stolarczyk, Chituru Odunze, Brad Young

Full-backs: Ricardo Pereira, Timothy Castagne, James Justin, Luke Thomas

Centre-backs: Jonny Evans, Wesley Fofana, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Jannik Vestergaard, Ben Nelson

Central midfielders: Wilfred Ndidi, Hamza Choudhury, Papy Mendy, Boubakary Soumare, Youri Tielemans, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Dennis Praet, Sammy Braybrooke

Attacking/wide midfielders: James Maddison, Marc Albrighton, Harvey Barnes, Ayoze Perez, Callum Wright, Will Alves

Strikers: Jamie Vardy, Patson Daka, Kelechi Iheanacho

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers will hope to make progress on the pitch in pre-season with a near full first-team squad travelling to Evian.

Rodgers had said the first fortnight of training ahead of the new campaign had been “very broken” because of the staggered return of international players. The last set of those did not start their pre-seasons until this Monday.

But at the club’s camp in Evian, Rodgers has nearly every first-team player at his disposal. There are only a few players not present.

Kasper Schmeichel is not there, the skipper given another week off, and while Danny Ward has now returned to training, it is not clear if he has travelled, with the Welshman picking up an injury during the June internationals. Ryan Bertrand is also in recovery, the left-back still making his way back from a knee problem suffered at Christmas.

With Schmeichel nor Ward involved, City have four younger goalkeepers out in Evian. Daniel Iversen and Jakub Stolarczyk are the more senior pair, both sent out on loan last season, enjoying success with Preston and Dunfermline respectively. They are joined by development squad duo Brad Young and Chituru Odunze.

As for first-team players, Bertrand is the only one missing. Hamza Choudhury did not appear to take part in training on the first full day at the camp in the Alps on Tuesday, but he has travelled with the group.

Supplementing the first-team players are Callum Wright, the attacking midfielder getting another chance to impress in senior surroundings after a decent run-out at the weekend, as well as three of the club’s most promising teenagers. Ben Nelson, Sammy Braybrooke, and Will Alves, who all represented England youth sides over the summer, are highly-rated by the club and it is hoped they will be the next few to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Harvey Barnes and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

In total, there are 27 outfield players at the camp and it is likely they will all get game-time at the weekend, with City flying from France to Belgium on Friday ready for the friendly against OH Leuven. That match will be 120 minutes long so as to get as many players significant pitch-time as possible. The 31 players in Evian are listed below.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-evian-squad-choudhury-7327433

The 31 players in Evian as Leicester City look to kick on from 'very broken' fortnight
A full rundown of the squad Brendan Rodgers has at his disposal at the club spend a few days training on the banks of Lake Geneva before heading to Belgium at the weekend

Goalkeepers: Daniel Iversen, Jakub Stolarczyk, Chituru Odunze, Brad Young

Full-backs: Ricardo Pereira, Timothy Castagne, James Justin, Luke Thomas

Centre-backs: Jonny Evans, Wesley Fofana, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Jannik Vestergaard, Ben Nelson

Central midfielders: Wilfred Ndidi, Hamza Choudhury, Papy Mendy, Boubakary Soumare, Youri Tielemans, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Dennis Praet, Sammy Braybrooke

Attacking/wide midfielders: James Maddison, Marc Albrighton, Harvey Barnes, Ayoze Perez, Callum Wright, Will Alves

Strikers: Jamie Vardy, Patson Daka, Kelechi Iheanacho

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers will hope to make progress on the pitch in pre-season with a near full first-team squad travelling to Evian.

Rodgers had said the first fortnight of training ahead of the new campaign had been “very broken” because of the staggered return of international players. The last set of those did not start their pre-seasons until this Monday.

But at the club’s camp in Evian, Rodgers has nearly every first-team player at his disposal. There are only a few players not present.

Kasper Schmeichel is not there, the skipper given another week off, and while Danny Ward has now returned to training, it is not clear if he has travelled, with the Welshman picking up an injury during the June internationals. Ryan Bertrand is also in recovery, the left-back still making his way back from a knee problem suffered at Christmas.

With Schmeichel nor Ward involved, City have four younger goalkeepers out in Evian. Daniel Iversen and Jakub Stolarczyk are the more senior pair, both sent out on loan last season, enjoying success with Preston and Dunfermline respectively. They are joined by development squad duo Brad Young and Chituru Odunze.

As for first-team players, Bertrand is the only one missing. Hamza Choudhury did not appear to take part in training on the first full day at the camp in the Alps on Tuesday, but he has travelled with the group.

Supplementing the first-team players are Callum Wright, the attacking midfielder getting another chance to impress in senior surroundings after a decent run-out at the weekend, as well as three of the club’s most promising teenagers. Ben Nelson, Sammy Braybrooke, and Will Alves, who all represented England youth sides over the summer, are highly-rated by the club and it is hoped they will be the next few to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Harvey Barnes and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

In total, there are 27 outfield players at the camp and it is likely they will all get game-time at the weekend, with City flying from France to Belgium on Friday ready for the friendly against OH Leuven. That match will be 120 minutes long so as to get as many players significant pitch-time as possible. The 31 players in Evian are listed below.

So Hirst is as good as gone then ? 

6 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Might seem like a silly question but where is Lewis Brunt? He seemed like one of Rodgers most favoured youngsters last season...

My guess would be that he has a loan move lined up, possibly the same for Kasey McAteer as well. 

On 12/07/2022 at 19:52, Ric Flair said:

He's not trained once yet with the 1st team I don't think, only started getting U23 recognition towards the end of the season which was odd but hopefully he continues to progress.

...for me, he (Popov)is the one to watch this coming season!!!

Braybrooke will get the opportunity to test himself on loan and Wormleighton will end up being a cult figure at the club.

Apiah could be a big surprise blessing we pick up, but Popov has something about him. You can tell he has had good grounding and has intelligent movement with a lot of maturity in his game.

• Like 1

I find it curious why we don't bother with tours like many other PL clubs do

Palace trained  (trained ffs) in front of 4k at the MCG on their Aussie tour. Spurs have played in front of huge crowds in Korea. 

Most PL clubs realise the value of building their overseas followers. And the prestige of the games is surely more appealing to players than a trip to Burton, Preston and Hull. 

I loved the time we played in Hong Kong v Liverpool. The Stockholm and LA games. Instead, our club admin seems to feel that PAYING a.middle ranking German or Spanish team with largely unknown players  to snap our star players' leg is best for the club

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Palace trained  (trained ffs) in front of 4k at the MCG on their Aussie tour. Spurs have played in front of huge crowds in Korea. 

Most PL clubs realise the value of building their overseas followers. And the prestige of the games is surely more appealing to players than a trip to Burton, Preston and Hull. 

I loved the time we played in Hong Kong v Liverpool. The Stockholm and LA games. Instead, our club admin seems to feel that PAYING a.middle ranking German or Spanish team with largely unknown players  to snap our star players' leg is best for the club

It's about being ready for the season, what are palace gain from fly around the world?

The big six make money because they have bigger fan bases, and make decent money, Spur in Korea due to Son. 

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not sure if you remember the absolute disaster our post league win pre season was? lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's about being ready for the season, what are palace gain from fly around the world?

The big six make money because they have bigger fan bases, and make decent money, Spur in Korea due to Son. 

Money. Palace will still have got given a lump of cash, won’t have had to pay for the facilities and a payment for the TV rights.  I’m surprised it’s not a revenue line we’ve looked at given our reduced income this season. 

The games over in America last time we were chaotic alongside Glasgow and Stockholm but it can be done far more simple