Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-season schedule 2022 All six pre-season dates for Leicester City now confirmed

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Money. Palace will still have got given a lump of cash, won’t have had to pay for the facilities and a payment for the TV rights.  I’m surprised it’s not a revenue line we’ve looked at given our reduced income this season. 

Doubt they have made much. 

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The games over in America last time we were chaotic alongside Glasgow and Stockholm but it can be done far more simple 

Which lead to us have a awful league campaign losing 9, Draw 5 Win 5 in the first 19.

Edited by coolhandfox
19 not bloody 9

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Doubt they have made much. 

Which lead to us have a awful league campaign losing 9, Draw 5 Win 5 in the first 9.

They've made some money though and haven't had to pay for the privilege of using a facility.  In some cases the sponsors put up the money. 

It led to an awful league campaign because we completely overdid it and the players subconsciously concentrated on the Champions League. You can commit yourselves to a week in the US or similar and still arrive back in the UK with two weeks left before the season starts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They've made some money though and haven't had to pay for the privilege of using a facility.  In some cases the sponsors put up the money. 

It led to an awful league campaign because we completely overdid it and the players subconsciously concentrated on the Champions League. You can commit yourselves to a week in the US or similar and still arrive back in the UK with two weeks left before the season starts. 

Just don't think it worth the hassle. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just don't think it worth the hassle. 

Personally I think the club needs to expand its capability in trying to raise revenue. Even games where we played Lille away for example will have earned us a fee. 

I am very jealous Forest are playing at Union Berlin next weekend 

• Like 3

I wonder if this is another symptom of the club not wanting City fans to travel abroad? They seem absolutely petrified of people (men) enjoying themselves

2016 was, as @Cardiff_Fox says OTT. Bangkok  stret party in May then Glasgow, LA, Stockholm in July followed by Charity Shield. It was excessive. 

We could've done a tour this year in the period of Evian to Hull and still had change to spare. It's an important (and accepted) ambassadorial part of the job as an elite footballer to have to do long haul overseas tours. Plus  who wouldn't as a player fancy 2 games in  say, Chicago or Tokyo  in front if 70k fans?

Be interesting to see how Palace start given quite a few of their squad couldn't travel for reasons we can only assume. 

I do like the idea of a tour, but has to be timed properly and with our squad all arriving back at different times it probably wouldn't make much sense. 

• Like 1

I really liked the format of playing 120mins. I do often feel we go into the season without giving everyone enough minutes and even with the 120 we were still left wishing we got to see Alves and Nelson. 

Im surprised most of the warm ups arent this long. Its not any more risky because you would obviously manage the minutes.