Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pre-season schedule 2022 All six pre-season dates for Leicester City now confirmed

1 minute ago, East Langton Fox said:

I went to Burton, Wycombe and QPR last preseason and Loftus Road (sorry I’m stuck in the past) was the only game that got the pulse racing  With Kelechi’s  last minute penalty equaliser. So I can’t get too excited about this summers matches. 

Last years preseason was very dull, completely agree

18 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

I went to Burton, Wycombe and QPR last preseason and Loftus Road (sorry I’m stuck in the past) was the only game that got the pulse racing  With Kelechi’s  last minute penalty equaliser. So I can’t get too excited about this summers matches. 

You know how to live 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Every pre season is a dull. You don’t go for the football, just the day out. It’s a training session. Not been to a home pre season game since Real in 2011, and won’t until they get similar calibre opposition. 

Okay let me rephrase. Last seasons pre season was duller than usual.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2022 at 22:46, Leicester_Loyal said:

£15 to watch a friendly vs. Seville is a joke, we paid a little more for proper European games at home last season. Rather save my £15 for Arsenal away. 

This is why I very rarely do friendlies. The prices aren't justified at all for just a knock around.

Like you, I'd rather save the £15 for Arsenal away.

43 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Fiorentina 2001, Barcelona 2003 real sociedad 2006 (?) and Madrid 2011 the only home friendlies I’ve ever done, back when European opposition was glamorous and unique. I remember one year when the marquee home friendly was Sunderland lol 

Didn't we also play Notts County at home one season as well and Portsmouth.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Didn't we also play Notts County at home one season as well and Portsmouth.

We had a bloke from the crowd come on at that Notts County game. 

My opinion with pre season - Go hard with some madshit and prestige friendly or just keep to the Midlands. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We had a bloke from the crowd come on at that Notts County game. 

My opinion with pre season - Go hard with some madshit and prestige friendly or just keep to the Midlands. 

That’s quality! Barnet do the same when they have their annual fixture against Arsenal, auction off a spot on the bench. Get the full first team experience plus 5 mins at the end. I agree with your last point, pre season should be about foreign fixtures, prestige home fixtures or away fixtures at grounds I’ve never been too 

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

People actually go to pre-season friendlies thinking they might get to watch a decent, competitive game of football? lol

One of the weirdest things about liking football is watching some fans in pre-season. Startling attitude from some when they are fitness sessions.

The matchday threads on here lambasting players or the team for poor performances, justifying awful pricing structures for a fitness session and generally taking the games very seriously.

Used to wind me up, but I am looking forward to the usual suspects losing their shit when we come away with a last minute 1-1 draw with Preston on this forum. It'll be spectacular

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Love to see that from Madders, his head is well and truely screwed on. He's gonna start this season on fire. Barnes coming back and looking fit bodes well as well, hopefully another big step up from Harvey this season

Also good to see KDH is still killing it in the fitness tests, obviously not technically on the same level as our better players, but his engine is such a massive tool that we can use.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Love to see that from Madders, his head is well and truely screwed on. He's gonna start this season on fire.

I was hugely impressed by his work rate and fitness levels as last season went on. Becoming a very well-rounded player.

On 24/06/2022 at 04:36, Voll Blau said:

People actually go to pre-season friendlies thinking they might get to watch a decent, competitive game of football? lol

I might be wrong but didnt we have some belters the year we won the league? I remember a 3-2 come back against Brum... I think demari scored a belter against us and probably went onto our radar because of it. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I might be wrong but didnt we have some belters the year we won the league? I remember a 3-2 come back against Brum... I think demari scored a belter against us and probably went onto our radar because of it. 

Only one i went to was Mansfield away....can't remember the score.

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Haha yes! Ulloa winner?

Ended up going to that as we we had booked a hotel in Birmingham for the Test match already but England had won it by the Saturday. Handy reserve day out that was, think a few in our end that day had also been due at the cricket.

Bertrand turned up at Seagrave yesterday for pre-season and the guard in the booth asked him what he had in his bag.

"Just some Class A drugs, a roll of 50's and a loaded handgun" he replied.

The guard looked relieved and waved him on "Thank **** for that, I thought you'd brought your boots!"

• Haha 4