Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

What if you before a game your phone is not working or battery is flat, would you be refused entry? Won't be at all surprised if there's a few turnstile issues on that first Sunday. So I'd arrive early just in case.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:
Club have now announced that all match day tickets (as opposed to season tickets) for the Brentford game will be 'mobile tickets'. They didn't add that those who haven't got a smart phone can go **** themselves, but I will.

Don't worry guys, top will Wang you a donut or tuck you in at night. 

Club is starting to take the piss out of us all and plenty of us ****ing love it. 

Gradual degradation of the treatment of supporters fully in force. 

I do own a smartphone but it stays at home, it might sound strange but I don’t like carrying it around with me.

As an option great, but I don’t understand why the club are forcing this on fans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I do own a smartphone but it stays at home, it might sound strange but I don’t like carrying it around with me.

As an option great, but I don’t understand why the club are forcing this on fans.

Does it have nfc? If not then it doesn't matter 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Don't really get the outrage? who doesn't own a smart phone in this day and age working class or otherwise? 

The only people this will effect is older fans and I'm sure most go with a younger more tech savy friend or family member. It been going this way for years with less and less ticket office staff and more online sales etc. 

3 out of 4 of us don't have a phone with nfc technology. 

Yes it's definitely the fans who should have to sort this shit out. 

44 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd fully support having this as an option but it shouldn't be compulsory. Lots of people don't have smart phones. 

Completely agree.

Modernisation but with accessibility is key.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guest said:

Between older fans, people without NFC enabled smartphones and people who simply can't or don't want to take their phone with them to games, there could be quite a few people being inconvenienced at best and unable to attend games at worst. Considering they offered STHs the option of digital and physical tickets it can't have been that hard to give the same choice for match day tickets. Fair play if they want to make their ticketing more sustainable but it feels a bit rich given they've been printing 30,000 clappers every fortnight for however many years.

It's **** all to do with sustainability 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Don't really get the outrage? who doesn't own a smart phone in this day and age working class or otherwise? 

The only people this will effect is older fans and I'm sure most go with a younger more tech savy friend or family member. It been going this way for years with less and less ticket office staff and more online sales etc. 

In some countries a basic smart phone costs a month or more salary. People have to get them on the never never and double the actual price. loss, breakage or theft is a financial disaster, in any country.......This you need a smart phone (proper smart, not some outdated dunce with low res vga camera) is creeping in for even basic services and goods, I needed one for a home internet connection

Well, who cares if some old bloke in Peru cant get a LCFC matchday ticket but it aint just your old nan who cant get to the game or cinema, smart phones are a mental health issue for many, addicts everywhere. I suspect even young people will soon be dumping them for simple mobile phones, or nothing, and doing their virtual business on PC at home.

Who the fuchs actually needs google, twitter and You Tube 24 hours a day

• Like 1

I was cracking it pre euros matches and champions league about tickets on my phone, but actually it was very easy to get in and you can lose your paper tickets much more easily than your phone. Also if you don’t like it - phone then club and say you don’t have a smart phone, and you need a paper ticket. I assume they’ll give you a paper ticket. This is the future, not just in football. As usual, there’s always a way around it if you try 

Edited by grobyfox1990

55 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Don't get why that's a bad thing? 

You have to buy and keep current an expensive product in order to buy other unrelated products.

One day currency may well be digitalised, come that day the technology should be available to all at the price of a purse or wallet,, or pocket 

Untill then, essential services should not be exclusively sold this way, and you cant get more essential than a rare LCFC matchday ticket.... 

Note, dont you have to be registered, chipped, circumcised and paying direct debit to go into a match day ticket raffle, or something like that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

some people are plain dense… if a 80 year old, life long fan, who can only go to the odd game and has no family, can’t go because he doesn’t have a phone… we should all be outraged. 

you and the lads isnt a community… the community is everyone… be annoyed for them 

Yes it’s fine for 95% of us but there will be a few who need extra accommodation and that parts not clear yet. 

The 5% who need extra accommodation will get it. 

A5B587AE-3CF4-4ADE-88D3-008B543A60C7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:
Club have now announced that all match day tickets (as opposed to season tickets) for the Brentford game will be 'mobile tickets'. They didn't add that those who haven't got a smart phone can go **** themselves, but I will.

Don't worry guys, top will Wang you a donut or tuck you in at night. 

Club is starting to take the piss out of us all and plenty of us ****ing love it. 

Gradual degradation of the treatment of supporters fully in force. 

club sells online phone tickets...and also makes printable tickets available

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

The 5% who need extra accommodation will get it. 

A5B587AE-3CF4-4ADE-88D3-008B543A60C7.jpeg

Are the club making it clear to older fans this is the case? We can barely deal with 25k+ attendances in league cups without huge queues so I doubt this goes smoothly