Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

18 minutes ago, marbles said:

Stop.

People would rather be outraged, dammit!

:whistle:

Season tickets for this season cited, no mention of match day tickets.  Long term plans to come. Seems to be plenty of smoke wafting from that statement.

I could look on the website ......   

I did, Can we be outraged now?

One needs to own and carry a doomed to fail in 3 years smart phone to save the planet, Anyone who thinks that aint bollox needs a firework up their arse

Leicester City’s opening game of the 2022/23 Premier League season will be an all-mobile ticket fixture for match ticket purchasers.

More on this story...

Season Opener Against Brentford Moves To Sunday

- Mobile tickets to be introduced at King Power Stadium for the 2022/23 campaign
- This applies to matchday tickets only and entry into the stadium will be via your smartphone
- Further details and FAQs about mobile tickets can be found HERE

The Foxes host Brentford at King Power Stadium on Sunday 7 August (2pm kick-off), with the Football Club to introduce mobile tickets for the upcoming campaign, where entry into the stadium will be via your smartphone. This will apply to matchday tickets only, and not to Season Ticket Holders who have opted for Season Cards.

Tickets for this game will go on sale to 2022/23 Fox Members with 50+ home priority points on Wednesday 6 July.

The use of mobile tickets is now commonplace for mass spectator events all over the world, and through the reduction, and eventual removal, of physical tickets and transferring to tickets being held on smartphones, the Club will be able to improve security, tackle ticket touting and reduce its carbon footprint.

Mobile tickets will be available at King Power Stadium for all league, cup, and friendly fixtures throughout the 2022/23 season.

37 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Everyone was complaining all season about the atmosphere and our aging Kop. Looks like the club have been listening and took action, yet they’re getting nothing but grief! lol

So you think LCFC did this to get rid of old biddies and not cus it is the latest trend mindless executives follow to justify their jobs?

I hope your old biddies write you right out of their wills...... and I still think an over 60s retro kop would supply am excellent atmosphere

EDIT, I am assuming loads about your parents, wills, and potential misunderstood ironic or sarcastic intent ....... but ffs, I will risk it

Edited by He aint bald

16 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

So you think LCFC did this to get rid of old biddies and not cus it is the latest trend mindless executives follow to justify their jobs?

I hope your old biddies write you right out of their wills...... and I still think an over 60s retro kop would supply am excellent atmosphere

EDIT, I am assuming loads about your parents, wills, and potential misunderstood ironic or sarcastic intent ....... but ffs, I will risk it

:nigel:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

:nigel:

Thing is, the 5 percent are not catered for this year as you posted and I have just learnt that you cant watch a football match from the season after without carrying a smartphone . 

This aint idle forum talk 

Maybe your follow up was meant as a joke but this thing is nothing more than back door chipping and ID cards and to rub it in, we have to pay for it. I dont think its a conspiracy, its just lots of people not thinking and a few taking advantage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Don't really get the outrage? who doesn't own a smart phone in this day and age working class or otherwise? 

The only people this will effect is older fans and I'm sure most go with a younger more tech savy friend or family member. It been going this way for years with less and less ticket office staff and more online sales etc. 

Older people. My in laws are in their 60s and have never owned a smart phone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What if you don't have a computer FFS :D

You joke, but I reckon the old dear that usually sits in front of me doesn’t have a PC or a smart phone.

I can see this changing pretty quickly to opt in/opt out. I like having mobile tickets as an option, the printing at home for members has been a pain in the arse - BUT, I’d like the option next year to have a physical season ticket. I sometimes like to leave the phone behind to disconnect from work when I’m at the footy.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

So LCFC have gotten with the times.

A lot of stadiums/Arenas and concert venues have been this way for a few years.  Yet, fans are still able to attend.

I know, I know.  This isn’t about other places.  This is about the opportunity to “be outraged” about something the club is doing.

So when does the picketing start?

Edited by marbles

28 minutes ago, marbles said:

A lot of stadiums/Arenas and concert venues have been this way for a few years.  Yet, fans are still able to attend.

I know, I know.  This isn’t about other places.  This is about the opportunity to “be outraged” about something the club is doing.

Denying someone options of paying for something is an insult to the customer. It's not about being " outraged " it's about being bullied by the club in to what suits them best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marbles said:

Do posters care about the issue as much as getting digs in?  (Well. typical of  my Leicester pub days too)

@Super_horns if this summons works and you dont mind being asked, What do Watford fans think about having to own a smartphone to watch Watford this year? 

I remember in those weird covid days when you could only buy a beer in a pub via an app or online. Never did that and always said my phone can’t handle it, so I need to pay on card. Never once denied a pint. It will be the same here. I suggest if you haven’t got a phone, or know an ‘old biddie without a phone’ contact the club and sort a paper ticket on their behalf. Fighting back

against the system is more effective than shouting about it on the internet 

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

The 5% who need extra accommodation will get it. 

A5B587AE-3CF4-4ADE-88D3-008B543A60C7.jpeg

But that's for season tickets. The club have now specifically stated that people purchasing match day tickets for the home opener against Brentford will need a smart phone for entry as it will be NFC digital tickets only.

You can update to advise all you want. The club ain't gonna bother reading it let's be honest.

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

You joke, but I reckon the old dear that usually sits in front of me doesn’t have a PC or a smart phone.

I can see this changing pretty quickly to opt in/opt out. I like having mobile tickets as an option, the printing at home for members has been a pain in the arse - BUT, I’d like the option next year to have a physical season ticket. I sometimes like to leave the phone behind to disconnect from work when I’m at the footy.

Which you do. I've requested all 4 of mine in card form along with pretty much all my mates doing the same call me old fashioned but those crappy print at home tickets for Wembley and gonna look crap framed.

This NFC only option relates to the opening game and match day tickets. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Don't really get the outrage? who doesn't own a smart phone in this day and age working class or otherwise? 

The only people this will effect is older fans and I'm sure most go with a younger more tech savy friend or family member. It been going this way for years with less and less ticket office staff and more online sales etc. 

One of my mates mums is in her late 80s, lifelong City fan, and a season ticket holder for god knows how many years, so this won't affect her this season. She used to go down the City with her husband until he died about 10 years ago. Since then she has gone to every City home game on her own, rain or shine, cold or hot. The club are wanting to bring this in for all season tickets next season regardless of circumstances. She does not have a smart phone and wouldn't have the first idea of how to use it if she had. I'm sure there will be other fans who are in a similar situation, and the club are basically saying screw you, we don't care, we can replace you with someone else who does have a smart phone and attend games in the way we want. There is so much made about how well the club is run, and how the owners care about the fans, but in recent times, I'm seeing the opposite, and they are seeing the fans as nothing more than paying customers, rather than an integral part of the club.  I had thought they were better than that, sadly I was wrong. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I'm 35 and a St holder 

Try thinking about others for once

This is the second time I've seen you want to throw shit at Top though, using match tickets as you agenda this time. If you read to later posts you'll happily see your outrage was pointless.

What's your issue with top? 

12 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

This is the second time I've seen you want to throw shit at Top though, using match tickets as you agenda this time. If you read to later posts you'll happily see your outrage was pointless.

What's your issue with top? 

I assume you don't question all of the praise for the leaders of the club as you do any criticism? 

I have no issue with anyone personally but when I think the club are making decisions that negatively impact fans I'll say so.

The club, imo, is further removed from its fans by the month. 

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Ignorant and pointless. 

What a crappy move by the club. The ability to attend matches shouldn't be predicated upon owning a phone. 

It's the way of the world unfortunatly. My parents ( in their 80's) refuse to travel now because of downloading this or that app. Sad really.