Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

This is the second time I've seen you want to throw shit at Top though, using match tickets as you agenda this time. If you read to later posts you'll happily see your outrage was pointless.

What's your issue with top? 

Criticism of a clubs decision should not be taken of the chairman. He won’t have been anywhere near this decision. 

15 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Most seem to be thinking that forcing mobile tickets is not a good idea ... for the various reasons noted above.

A few seem to be saying "tough s h i t".  Get in the modern world.

As for other issues ... if you think the club are doing something wrong, then Email them with constructive criticism.  

Do it.

Moaning on here will do no good.  Tell the club directly.    It won't necessarily do any good individually, as they cleared ignored my feedback!   But if enough people tell them, they just might listen.

I did see watford did it too, could be coincidence but perhaps the English football forum world is awash with the same thread......? Perhaps not. Too tired to look. As the smartphoneless fox hoards learn of this on the radio, I am sure they will be writing to the club, 1st class stamp and all

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Criticism of a clubs decision should not be taken of the chairman. He won’t have been anywhere near this decision. 

Classic KPFC bingo card trope this. Any criticism of a clubs decision is direct criticism of the owner. You ungrateful swine. Take your support and give it to someone else. Grr

1 hour ago, marbles said:

Did you just make that up yourself, or did you actually think that’s what I said?

Try reading it again.  Or have someone else read it to you.

I reread your post out of shock. You’re sick, I can’t believe you want to get rid of all old people and turn them into Soylent Green.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We were asked if we wanted to opt OUT of mobile tickets during renewal.

We did. There are going to be so, so many problems with them implementing this. Even aside from it alienating areas of the fanbase who aren't tech-savvy, it hasn't been clarified whether your season ticket is downloadable or requires an internet connection to open.

If it's the latter, good luck! You can't even load Livescore in the concourse 95% of the time. Unless they're massively upgrading the wi-fi provision at the ground, expect long queues and delayed kick-offs as thousands of people fumble around trying to load their ticket at the same time. If it is just a QR code, then you may as well print it out anyway to be safe. Which completely defeats the point of doing it in the first place.

I also hope they'll be providing charging points and power banks outside the ground for fans whose phones run out of power before kick off. Not everyone's battery holds out a full day.

Or take a screenshot and don't worry about loading anything at the ground? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

That’s it, anyone been on a plane, gone to the cinema, showed an NHS covid pass recently even menus in restaurants are starting to be done by a QR code. Talk about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, well not even a molehill the amount of people that will be affected by it & to top it all off nobody has actually said that is it that is the only way you will get in tough if you don’t have a phone, of bloody course you will get in via a slip of paper if you don’t have a phone.

Makes me chuckle more because those that are up in arms will probably be vocal in the save the plant thread 

They have, you need a phone... match day tickets this season, implied everybody next season.  Cited earlier from web page.

I only know the gaps in the gate for Filbert St, if thats of any help to anyone?

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Classic KPFC bingo card trope this. Any criticism of a clubs decision is direct criticism of the owner. You ungrateful swine. Take your support and give it to someone else. Grr

It's not though is it. 

I can hardly see that the chairman micromanages these decisions. He employs a team. Its possible to be critical of the club infrastructure but appreciate what the chairman is doing. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah the "it doesn't affect me so I don't give a ****" brigade out in full force yet again. 

There is absolutely zero need for this, no one asked for it, why force it on people? If anyone can bring a watertight argument for forcing it on everybody, I'm all ears... 

it’s the way the world is going, it’s not just Leicester City. Most things are digital now.

1 hour ago, marbles said:

Anyways, I’m done with this topic.

All the “fans” who supposedly “love” this club, can continue on with their never ending search for things to complain about.

Im bored with it.

Don't come crawling back when you want to complain about something that's affected you then. 

30 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We were asked if we wanted to opt OUT of mobile tickets during renewal.

We did. There are going to be so, so many problems with them implementing this. Even aside from it alienating areas of the fanbase who aren't tech-savvy, it hasn't been clarified whether your season ticket is downloadable or requires an internet connection to open.

If it's the latter, good luck! You can't even load Livescore in the concourse 95% of the time. Unless they're massively upgrading the wi-fi provision at the ground, expect long queues and delayed kick-offs as thousands of people fumble around trying to load their ticket at the same time. If it is just a QR code, then you may as well print it out anyway to be safe. Which completely defeats the point of doing it in the first place.

I also hope they'll be providing charging points and power banks outside the ground for fans whose phones run out of power before kick off. Not everyone's battery holds out a full day.

It’s nfc technology so you don’t need data or signal, just Bluetooth activated. The technology is as simple as opening an app on your phone and scanning it at the turnstiles, which I’m sure most are capable of. In terms of battery conservation, that’s long been an issue in the 21st century.

One thing the club should do to appease the panickers is allow ticket holders to come to the KP on a random day over summer to test the process and stop panicking. 

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

the chairman was not mentioned Cardiff, i have had the sorry experience of being in the thread from the begining and witnessing the strawmaning and mafia sttyle settling of old scores ............ I am sure I had valid points to make about society and such ...to do... with smartphones..... but I have lost all will, 

12 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

They have, you need a phone... match day tickets this season, implied everybody next season.  Cited earlier from web page.

I only know the gaps in the gate for Filbert St, if thats of any help to anyone?

It won’t be openly broadcasted for obvious reasons but if you ring the office you will get something I’m sure

• Like 1

The way to go has got to be e tickets. You either scan the ticket on your phone or print out the ticket and take it with you. Thats how the majority of live events are now. Not been to any that require NFC. How is a parent with three kids gonna enter the ground when the kids don't have phones. Will be a right hold up at the gate. 

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah the "it doesn't affect me so I don't give a ****" brigade out in full force yet again. 

There is absolutely zero need for this, no one asked for it, why force it on people? If anyone can bring a watertight argument for forcing it on everybody, I'm all ears... 

The use of mobile tickets is now commonplace for mass spectator events all over the world, and through the reduction, and eventual removal, of physical tickets and transferring to tickets being held on smartphones, the Club will be able to improve security, tackle ticket touting and reduce its carbon footprint.

if anyone can convince you with a watertight argument, they best pass it on to the LCFC Execs, they need it more (i am not shouting, stupid LcFc execs put it in permenant bold)

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It doesn’t need an internet connection, and wont be a QR code

It is effectively the same as using apple pay/google pay

Well now I'm glad I didn't opt in then - Google Pay doesn't work on my phone. lol

As for the comment telling me to screenshot it - again, doesn't solve the issue of people's phones running out of power before kickoff time. The only safe backup would be a printout and hoping you don't have a jobsworth on the gate.

I'm not against the idea - I just know, like many here, that it's going to be implemented terribly and end up driving a further wedge between staff and fans. It should have been gradually introduced as an option for those that want it, not thrown on the fanbase as something you have to opt out of at Brentford.

2 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

The use of mobile tickets is now commonplace for mass spectator events all over the world, and through the reduction, and eventual removal, of physical tickets and transferring to tickets being held on smartphones, the Club will be able to improve security, tackle ticket touting and reduce its carbon footprint.

if anyone can convince you with a watertight argument, they best pass it on to the LCFC Execs, they need it more (i am not shouting, stupid LcFc execs put it in permenant bold)

Thats a bald statement :D

Edited by jonthefox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Well now I'm glad I didn't opt in then - Google Pay doesn't work on my phone. lol

As for the comment telling me to screenshot it - again, doesn't solve the issue of people's phones running out of power before kickoff time. The only safe backup would be a printout and hoping you don't have a jobsworth on the gate.

I'm not against the idea - I just know, like many here, that it's going to be implemented terribly and end up driving a further wedge between staff and fans. It should have been gradually introduced as an option for those that want it, not thrown on the fanbase as something you have to opt out of at Brentford.

You can't use a screenshot-- that's not what the scanner is reading: It's reading a signal from the phone.

The club has gone from the extreme of not letting you use your phone at all to demanding you use your phone.

It is going to be an absolute clusterfcuk and is a bad move.

• Like 4