Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Happily with a crappy little Nokia. They don’t have any interest in getting an internet connection either

...my sister loved her Nokia, it was a massive pull to get her to give it up!!!

She moved on to a Blackberry and now going through the versions of iPhones, once you get a feel for what these phones can do, you are reluctant to go backward. You can't miss what you have never had, but if they were to change, they will never look back.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...my sister loved her Nokia, it was a massive pull to get her to give it up!!!

She moved on to a Blackberry and now going through the versions of iPhones, once you get a feel for what these phones can do, you are reluctant to go backward. You can't miss what you have never had, but if they were to change, they will never look back.

Sometimes I miss the simple life. Hard to disconnect from this thing I’m typing on.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Not one gig I’ve attended recently or to come is electronic, every single one has issued a physical ticket - even the festivals. I’m calling bullshit on this whole ‘everyone else is doing it’. 

I’m about to give up a life of chasing better tech by regressing to a simple Nokia. I’ve decided that having something in my pocket that constantly begs being checked is detrimental so I’m doing a tech detox. If it’s too much agro for the club to send me an actual ticket for the ridiculous amount it now costs then I guess I’m done with attending matches.

Modern football is rubbish.

I’ve not had a physical ticket for anything other than a football match for easily 5/6 years, so it’s clearly different experiences.

Calling modern football rubbish because now your barcode is on your phone in your hand, instead of on your ticket in your hand is a bit excessive.

Feels like everyone is just looking for things to moan about. I get this is inconvenient for some people, but it’s not worth the all the complaining really. 

Plenty of people have a basic phone for texting & ringing and still use their computer for things like banking etc.

It's one of those really, in principle it's a good idea, and for the most part it will work in terms of reducing tickets being resold etc, something which the club are clearly keen on doing with the introduction of their own resale platform.

I think the majority of people are doing what we do best and moaning for the sake of moaning although i do understand that it will effect some people who either are not, or have no desire to be, tech reliant.

I've chosen the physical season ticket card for this coming season although i fully expect that choice to be taken away from me the following season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I've chosen the physical season ticket card for this coming season although i fully expect that choice to be taken away from me the following season.

Same here. I don't actually mind using my phone, but I have kids who we aren't getting phones for the time being (have hard enough time getting them off their tablets.)

One of them has autism, and the turnstiles are already enough of a pain without me having to push them through.

The other issue is all the ticket stuff is handled by me, and I am not even sure the club has my wife's email, which is probably for the best, since she only makes half the games. This means I will have to keep all the tickets in my digital wallet and push people through, causing delays getting in.

And this is the rub: The whole project is to stop transfer of tickets, in particular, transfer of concession tickets. They think too many folks are letting ineligible people use kids and OAP tickets...and they are willing to make a pain for a number of legitimate fans in order to stop it. This isn't just people without phones and people with kids, etc: Crisis come up and you need to unload a ticket? Too bad, you have to use the club's resale platform rather than hand it to a mate.

Look, I am usually the first to speak about the lovely taste of Top's footwear or admire the lovemaking tenderness of Filbert Fox, but even I will say that the matchgoing crowd at the King Power isn't the same demographic of SouthXSouthwest. This plan is going to cause hardship and hopefully it will be more than obvious it's a bad idea at the first game and they drop it.

• Like 4

With the scanner machines this shouldnt be necessary. They've already done away with the turnstile operator and made it automated. What's to gain by making it mobile-only? It's like some sort of technology apartheid (didn't want to go as strong as fascism, this was the nearest adjective I could think of)

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Serious question ...

For those of you who appear to have the attitude "tough s h i t on oldies who might struggle with technology, or not have a smart phone" ...

would you be the first in different social/cultural/political circumstances, to expect a bit of tolerance from them?

What happened to empathy towards other people? A bit of tolerance and understanding?

Seems lacking in modern society.

51 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Serious question ...

For those of you who appear to have the attitude "tough s h i t on oldies who might struggle with technology, or not have a smart phone" ...

would you be the first in different social/cultural/political circumstances, to expect a bit of tolerance from them?

What happened to empathy towards other people? A bit of tolerance and understanding?

Unfortunately you see the same response every time, whether it's about colourblind accessibility, ticketing, racism, whatever. "If it's not a problem for me, it's not a problem."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

Calling modern football rubbish because now your barcode is on your phone in your hand, instead of on your ticket in your hand is a bit excessive.

I didn’t. I called modern football rubbish because modern football is rubbish. I could list it off for you if you like, but I’m going to assume you’re intelligent and can work out my reasons for yourself. 

• Like 1

My 4 year old Samsung has no NFT function

Looking at US and Canada stats and articles, there has been a steady growth in smartphone payment and entry only systems and some rumblings regarging exclusion. Public transport has been included in some places. A prepaid card has been necessary for years anyway. just a tiny change carrying a phone.

In the UK it is being done by stealth too, just look at the sudden LCFC (and other football clubs)  implementation. The club has a membership scheme and digital data base, other ways could have been used or more warning given

Most paying match goers in the UK can afford and learn to swipe a cheap smartphone, even older fans. There will still be stewards on the gates to help anyway,

The issue is, if a society is going to introduce a cashless or paperless system it should be done openly and everyome should have the abilty to use it (without being indebted to a multi national company nor subject to the potential mental health issues of smartphone addiction-  I would prefer a good old fashioned implanted tracking chip, no twitter option)

Being excluded fom entertainment, not least a football club that is traditionally part of the community, is just the start.

Sorry about enjoying my moaning so much

On a lighter moan

Where I live similar is gradually happening and many dont want or cant justify a smartphone, but they are being excluded without one.

A large percentage of people are in debt to their mobile plans, two weeks wages for the cheapest models in cash, so they are on the never never.

A days wage for the cheapest monthly data plan. (Some want the best phones and unlimited data, regardless of ability to pay)

The plans are for 2 to 3 years and the phones often break or are stolen before payments are even finished.

Those that  dont qualify for credit often  buy the stolen ones. Walking around with a smartphone.... not a good idea, you get robbed

Anyway, less of South American woes

Off out to do stuff, without my mobile, whist I still can

Edited by He aint bald
actually shortened the moan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Plenty of people have a basic phone for texting & ringing and still use their computer for things like banking etc.

It's one of those really, in principle it's a good idea, and for the most part it will work in terms of reducing tickets being resold etc, something which the club are clearly keen on doing with the introduction of their own resale platform.

I think the majority of people are doing what we do best and moaning for the sake of moaning although i do understand that it will effect some people who either are not, or have no desire to be, tech reliant.

Well don't expect that choice to be taken away from you. You are the customer something the club seems to have forgotten about. Shout it loud I'm a Luddite and proud. Make them realise who's the real boss.

16 hours ago, marbles said:

So LCFC have gotten with the times.

A lot of stadiums/Arenas and concert venues have been this way for a few years.  Yet, fans are still able to attend.

I know, I know.  This isn’t about other places.  This is about the opportunity to “be outraged” about something the club is doing.

So when does the picketing start?

What an idiotic post.

If you think that getting with the times means alienating people and acting like hypocrites with regards to the carbon footprint, then you really have lost the plot. 

• Like 1

Everyone should be catered for.

Older fans add value.  And they're probably not as entitled.

Those with smart phones are far more likely to be plastics.

Disclaimer: some of this post is intended as irony.  But Everyone else should be catered for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LaCiudad said:

It says in the FAQ about mobile tickets to update your account to let them know that you don't have a smartphone. Contact the club, I'm sure they'll sort something for you 

Yeahhhh if you could stop being reasonable that would be great. It's the close season and these lot have nothing to moan about, don't take it away from them!

• Haha 1