Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 hours ago, LaCiudad said:

It says in the FAQ about mobile tickets to update your account to let them know that you don't have a smartphone. Contact the club, I'm sure they'll sort something for you 

Before everyone lost their shit, is there definitely no other option available? 

6 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Nope if you read the clubs FAQs it states that it will be NFC (Near Field Communication) using Google Pay/Apple Pay. Those on Android must have at NFC capable phone, plus be up to date with all updates from Google Play etc, and have latest OS. It's all very simple, just read the (checks) 24 page guide ( https://tickets.lcfc.com/usercontent/documents/pdf/mobile ticket guide (android).pdf ) :o.

Dear god almighty, glad I don't have to explain all this to my Dad as we opted for season ticket cards. I've only just got him onto an Android phone last year. Queues are going to be hoorendous at the Brentford game. Yet the Sevilla friendly, which is a week before, you can still get paper tickets posted. Maybe the pointless friendly would have been a good opportunity for a dry run so the club could see what an almighty shambles it will turn into. A standard League cup games causes mile long queues cos people can't handle putting a bit of paper in a scanner, they are never going to cope with all this.

Well I apologise for overestimating the club again. lol Cheers for clearing that up for me.

That sounds terrible, we must have one of the older average audiences (as the club probably like to refer to match attending fans as) in the league.

Best of luck sorting your dad out. I'll be fully expecting a delayed kick off against Brentford in that case.

• Like 1

The NFC is the interesting part. In the last twelve months I’ve been numerous games at low levels of non league pyramid or Scottish Championship, they all go with QR codes so it can be printed at the choice of the person using it. It makes sense these small organisations as it saves the hassle of post etc. 

Tired of hearing about your Jet Set lifestyle Cardiff but.

The NFC choice is not so suprising

People in a well paid job with easy access to modern technology get emersed in the latest fads and only think of themselves. Bish bash bosh, job done

Edited by He aint bald
no coma in Cardiff but

On 02/07/2022 at 17:00, Gravel said:

The bastards have closed down Blockbusters. I can't get Netflix on my cathode ray tube. I'm bloody seething.

I suggest you put together a strongly worded letter and have it delivered, post haste!  (In fact, this seems quite urgent, you may wish to consider using telex to express your anger more quickly.)

On 02/07/2022 at 17:15, He aint bald said:

Did you read the paragraph saying you have to digitilise your tifos now?

Brilliant, everyone gets a smartphone left on their seat and turns it on at the prescribed time...except Mabel in seat qq27, as she wants to see the Birch.

On 02/07/2022 at 20:36, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Funny how this topic has turned into an old v's young debate. I well remember when I bought my first abacus home and Dad said what's wrong with your fingers you techno headed young cocky rat.

True story... year 9 high school mid70s... pocket calculators had just taken the world by storm and we were told we were not allowed to use them AT ALL!..Because.... "you wont have a calculator with you every minute of the day"

2 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Tired of hearing about your Jet Set lifestyle Cardiff but.

The NFC choice is not so suprising

People in a well paid job with easy access to modern technology get emersed in the latest fads and only think of themselves. Bish bash bosh, job done

Jet set lifestyle? What going to Matlock or Hitchin or Chippenham? 😂

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 02/07/2022 at 14:18, Daggers said:

Not one gig I’ve attended recently or to come is electronic, every single one has issued a physical ticket - even the festivals. I’m calling bullshit on this whole ‘everyone else is doing it’. 

I’m about to give up a life of chasing better tech by regressing to a simple Nokia. I’ve decided that having something in my pocket that constantly begs being checked is detrimental so I’m doing a tech detox. If it’s too much agro for the club to send me an actual ticket for the ridiculous amount it now costs then I guess I’m done with attending matches.

Modern football is rubbish.

How was Fleetwood mac by the way?

I’m pretty tech savvy and completely open to advances in technology, paperless ticketing options I believe are the future and will eventually become the norm.

The introduction of these types of tickets though are usually used to combat the “scalpers” at huge events such as music festivals, concerts and big national sporting occasions to stop them making big profits out of these things. Can’t imagine many scalpers bulk buying Leicester tickets 😝

Ultimately the club should recognise that a generation of people and fans may still require the need for a traditional ticket, surely they have the resources to allow these people who don’t have the capability to receive a match ticket, even possibly dedicate a small part of the ticketing team to help these individuals? 

As people have already mentioned some of the older generation were sitting and singing in Filbert street and cheering on Leicester City well before me, the club shouldn’t be bringing in something that may alienate them from continuing do so over a younger fan.

Edited by JayTheFox
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Some bizarrely antagonistic responses to concerns about this, what sticks out to me is why is there any need to take away other options? If you want to use mobile tickets fine, but what actual tangible benefit is there to not allowing paper tickets? 

Almost every event I’ve been to in the last few years takes paper ticket (I’ll usually take one in case my phone packs in) so I refuse to believe that “the way things are going” is to cut off all options other than one. 

Can anyone give a good reason for this move? (given environmental footprint is clearly a crock of shite given clappers) 

I'll ask again, do we know for sure there's genuinely no alternative?

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'll ask again, do we know for sure there's genuinely no alternative?

In which case why have they announced it as such? There would be no reason to run something like this if the end goal isn’t trying to move towards making all tickets mobile, and I see no benefit in restricting options or confusing bolder members of the fanbase.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Finnaldo said:

In which case why have they announced it as such? There would be no reason to run something like this if the end goal isn’t trying to move towards making all tickets mobile, and I see no benefit in restricting options or confusing bolder members of the fanbase.

Has anyone asked? 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Has anyone asked? 

lol come on mate, if you want to engage then do a bit better than that. 

Would the club give those who need paper tickets if they need? I’d certainly like to think so.

Should the club be making this as hard and convoluted as possible (clearly trying to push people to use mobile tickets)? Absolutely not, it hurts no one to offer paper or mobile equally. 

The latter answer is my point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

lol come on mate, if you want to engage then do a bit better than that. 

Would the club give those who need paper tickets if they need? I’d certainly like to think so.

Should the club be making this as hard and convoluted as possible (clearly trying to push people to use mobile tickets)? Absolutely not, it hurts no one to offer paper or mobile equally. 

The latter answer is my point.

If it was on the sustainability grounds, they don't need to go the whole 'hog'. They could continue using QR and move to the person in question having to print off the tickets ala FA Cup Final if they wanted too or using their phone. 

In all honesty, they should say actually say the more realistic and justifiable reasoning for it, to combat tickets being sold on/passed on or as in the case of the European games last season, away supporters getting tickets for the home areas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Some bizarrely antagonistic responses to concerns about this, what sticks out to me is why is there any need to take away other options? If you want to use mobile tickets fine, but what actual tangible benefit is there to not allowing paper tickets? 

Almost every event I’ve been to in the last few years takes paper ticket (I’ll usually take one in case my phone packs in) so I refuse to believe that “the way things are going” is to cut off all options other than one. 

Can anyone give a good reason for this move? (given environmental footprint is clearly a crock of shite given clappers) 

I gave a response earlier in the thread: It is to stop the "illicit" transfer of tickets, and primarily to stop people from using concession tickets for which they don't qualify. 

To a lesser extent, it stops the resale market, but I don't thing the club has had that big a problem with scalpers.

The funny thing is, last year they introduced the "friends of season ticket holders" option, meaning that I season ticket holder could buy additional tickets before they went on general sale. However, these tickets were most often nowhere near your seat! But the season ticket holder had to purchase them, and received them (they would have the season ticket holders name on it), and then the season ticket holder gave it to his friend (forwarded the email, basically)

Have no idea how this is supposed to happen if it goes into a digital wallet of someone sitting on the other side of the stadium. Again, a clusterfcuk of a situation.

Thought I'd cracked it but alas no :facepalm:

Was going to suggest an enhanced card system (to compliment the phone system) with the database knowing which card holders have paid for which matches and allow access accordingly, meaning members and public would register once and keep the card on an ongoing basis (as is optional for this seasons season ticket).

Then came the stumbling block - unlike season ticket holders the members and public can / may / do purchase different seats per game. The card wouldn't have this information printed on it so for their own reference they would need to write it down at the time of purchase. If you're going to start writing things down on bits of paper and bringing them to matches you might as well have a system of, ooh what are they called....oh yes, tickets! :facepalm:

And then there's all that plastic.....

attenborough.jpg.23140bcea56c1b89328db3d1d60db457.jpg

21 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Thought I'd cracked it but alas no :facepalm:

Was going to suggest an enhanced card system (to compliment the phone system) with the database knowing which card holders have paid for which matches and allow access accordingly, meaning members and public would register once and keep the card on an ongoing basis (as is optional for this seasons season ticket).

Then came the stumbling block - unlike season ticket holders the members and public can / may / do purchase different seats per game. The card wouldn't have this information printed on it so for their own reference they would need to write it down at the time of purchase. If you're going to start writing things down on bits of paper and bringing them to matches you might as well have a system of, ooh what are they called....oh yes, tickets! :facepalm:

And then there's all that plastic.....

attenborough.jpg.23140bcea56c1b89328db3d1d60db457.jpg

Or, how about, and I appreciate it's a more basic plan than yours.

Mobile tickets as the default but paper tickets for those who need them.

I think another infuriating thing about this are the inherent, but tangential, costs of this. 

In order to have Smart Phone ticket is entirely dependent on people shelling out for a phone (either contract or SIM only - there is an associated cost for both) as well as the costs for charging this. 

Whilst these costs are, for the most part, going on in people's lives regardless it seems a bit much to rely on them. 

Hopefully the option for paper ticket prevails beyond this year.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I think another infuriating thing about this are the inherent, but tangential, costs of this. 

In order to have Smart Phone ticket is entirely dependent on people shelling out for a phone (either contract or SIM only - there is an associated cost for both) as well as the costs for charging this. 

Whilst these costs are, for the most part, going on in people's lives regardless it seems a bit much to rely on them. 

Hopefully the option for paper ticket prevails beyond this year.

There's a new chap at the club involved in ticketing who is ex PSG. Not sure he's really understood the difference in clientele yet.