Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Best club in the world.....

46 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Apparently there’s a link for mobile tickets or tickets in post for Brentford, so panic over for now? 

If they haven’t done a guide from turning on your computer through to opening the envelope with the tickets in they haven’t done enough

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hopefully a bit of a U-turn on this.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Superbly communicated to the support once again.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

If they haven’t done a guide from turning on your computer through to opening the envelope with the tickets in they haven’t done enough

Can't believe they didn't tell us this before it was announced. Disgusting.

Do we need to do anything to get physical tickets? My iPhone is really old at a point where no apps work on it so I won't be able to get a mobile season ticket.

I've just logged into my account but can't see anything? A previous post says we've got to let them know we want phsyical tickets?

Edited by Fox92

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do we need to do anything to get physical tickets? My iPhone is really old at a point where no apps work on it so I won't be able to get a mobile season ticket.

I've just logged into my account but can't see anything? A previous post says we've got to let them know we want phsyical tickets?

I think just checking the "postage" option will mean it's sent out, I did that for one earlier, it comes up saying it'll be sent to the lead reference's address. Fvck knows, hardly surprising it's been another mess lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There are two options. Mobile ticket (choose the email address it gets sent too) or postage of physical ticket. Presumably whoever’s account is purchasing the ticket, will get the ticket posted to them. As expected, it’s typical corporate brow beating and coercion. Make people believe the ONLY OPTION is mobile tickets but paper tickets aren’t going anywhere anytime soon if you want them 

• Like 2

On 04/07/2022 at 01:02, Cardiff_Fox said:

Jet set lifestyle? What going to Matlock or Hitchin or Chippenham? 😂

The other month it was Eidnhoven, Newcastle and Tynemouth and now you casually slip in Matlock, Hitchin, Chippenham and some unspecified 2nd tier Scottish football towns. All a fair way from Cardiff, how do you find time for Tenby?

On 04/07/2022 at 02:28, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'll ask again, do we know for sure there's genuinely no alternative?

I read the site 3 days ago, just out of interest......it was a misleading mess, so not suprising the ludites were confused. 

No idea of the latest decrees but just want to add that I read that there will be a shed and printer for those who loose their phones. I like sheds

Just received a check-list update from my travel agent, 3 things
1. Check Foreign & Commonwealth office website for latest advice on country to visit etc
3. You will be required to wear a mask to pass through airport & most destinations a mask will be mandatory on public transport

but its 2 i'm posting about as

2. Airlines will only accept mobile boarding passes, so you will need to present these for your whole party on a smart device, rather than a print out.

Heaven help some of you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I assume as standard season ticket holders just get their card as normal? Then all this weird e ticket shit is for match day folk?!

Correct. STH get a choice this season, card or eticket. Individual match tickets are mobile only. 

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that if someone is forced to use an NFC capable smart phone then they'll be forced to agree to third parties' terms and conditions of use, i.e. one or possibly all of the following: the smart phone manufacturer, Apple or Google app store, the Apple or Google wallet app, (possibly something else I've missed). Some people may not want any of this, but my main point is that essentially the only contract to gain entry should be between you and the club, not being forced to enter into contracts with third parties. Few if any people will care about this but I think it's still a valid point. Along the same lines, what if for example Apple lock you out of your account and you cannot access your Apple Wallet with your e-ticket in it? Another possible reason you can't use your phone to add to the list.

Just give people the choice.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 16:13, BKLFox said:

Just received a check-list update from my travel agent, 3 things
1. Check Foreign & Commonwealth office website for latest advice on country to visit etc
3. You will be required to wear a mask to pass through airport & most destinations a mask will be mandatory on public transport

but its 2 i'm posting about as

2. Airlines will only accept mobile boarding passes, so you will need to present these for your whole party on a smart device, rather than a print out.

Heaven help some of you :)

Flying abroad is, for most of us, a choice we make.   And if you don't want to fly, then try Eurostar, The Shuttle or a ferry.   Or just don't go.   Not a great hardship for most of us, surely?

Having your local team that you've supported for most of your life, effectively telling you to p i s s off, unless you've got a modern smart phone is I think a rather different matter!

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Flying abroad is, for most of us, a choice we make.   And if you don't want to fly, then try Eurostar, The Shuttle or a ferry.   Or just don't go.   Not a great hardship for most of us, surely?

Having your local team that you've supported for most of your life, effectively telling you to p i s s off, unless you've got a modern smart phone is I think a rather different matter!

I assume all these 60+’s that don’t have a modern phone all have a modern pc and printer thou?

2 hours ago, RoyalBlueGaz said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, is that if someone is forced to use an NFC capable smart phone then they'll be forced to agree to third parties' terms and conditions of use, i.e. one or possibly all of the following: the smart phone manufacturer, Apple or Google app store, the Apple or Google wallet app, (possibly something else I've missed). Some people may not want any of this, but my main point is that essentially the only contract to gain entry should be between you and the club, not being forced to enter into contracts with third parties. Few if any people will care about this but I think it's still a valid point. Along the same lines, what if for example Apple lock you out of your account and you cannot access your Apple Wallet with your e-ticket in it? Another possible reason you can't use your phone to add to the list.

Just give people the choice.

A tenuous link it sounds to me. By entering the stadium surely we also enter into agreeing t&c’s with sky sports and all the other international broadcasters who are screening us? 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 05:55, ozleicester said:

True story... year 9 high school mid70s... pocket calculators had just taken the world by storm and we were told we were not allowed to use them AT ALL!..Because.... "you wont have a calculator with you every minute of the day"

.. the thought behind that was, you could not use them in your exams, so it was best that you learned and remember your formula's,  than expect to rely on something you could not use in a exam!!!