Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ormondroyd8ftTall

Red Star Belgrade

Soooo i'm currently sorting through my programmes and i come across one against red star belgrade Wed 11th Feb 1981. 

Could anyone tell me what the fixture was for? I can't find any record of it in our european games so assuming it was an oddly placed good relations midweek friendly towards the end of the season, with sunderland to play at the weekend?

I wonder how many people on FT Were at the game?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ormondroyd8ftTall said:

Soooo i'm currently sorting through my programmes and i come across one against red star belgrade Wed 11th Feb 1981. 

Could anyone tell me what the fixture was for? I can't find any record of it in our european games so assuming it was an oddly placed good relations midweek friendly towards the end of the season, with sunderland to play at the weekend?

I wonder how many people on FT Were at the game?

I was there, a friendly. I think I have a programme in the loft too. From memory it ws just a thin one? Don't remember much at all about the game, I was 10! 

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

They also played Hinckley in 1990 bizzarly.

I was there for both Red Star games, v City and v Hinckley. If I recall they scored about 9 goals that night v Hinckley. They had a decent striker in Darko Pancev, who I think scored 4 or 5 goals that night. The crux of that team won the European Cup in 90 or 91

Guest StevieLynex

The 1981 was a friendly which we won 3-0: Jimmy Melrose hat-trick. I think that was the game when Geoff Scott made his first appearance for us, and I think that I may have been signed at around the same time