Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women’s Euro 2022 - Hosted in England

28 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Or we could just… let the women go in goal and enjoy the game regardless?

For me part of why I’ve enjoyed this tournament so much is that it’s more direct and the style of play is different. 

I don’t feel like it’s gone the same way as post-Guardiola men’s football where everything is obsessed with technical ability and being able to make short passes and have close control, often to the detriment of the spectacle of the game.

The technical ability, certainly of England, is still very high while still allowing for more direct play. I think it’s been refreshing to watch, in comparison to the England men’s team for example.

That's certainly one thing I've been loving out that and similarly why I enjoy the MLS and A League. There seems to be much less obsession with boring patterns of play and reducing risk at all costs. 

It's refreshing to see a game that's end to end and actually has both teams trying to score rather than being afraid of conceding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think there is anything to fear with Germany. Need to match their physicality though, their number 6 just went around kicking people and managed to avoid getting booked til the last minute. 

Yeah but it's Germany they always win.:sweating:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't think there is anything to fear with Germany. Need to match their physicality though, their number 6 just went around kicking people and managed to avoid getting booked til the last minute. 

Sweden were running the show until England's first goal. Which was, according to several media sources, "against the run of play". My view too. That goal enabled the team to settle - had Sweden scored first the outcome would have been very much more unpredictable.

Germany were combative, well organised, and always ready to counter quickly and effectively. They have Popp too, who was terrific last night. England will very much need to be aware of Germany's potential. It will be a close run game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

To be fair apart from that freak goal last night, they haven’t conceded all tournament (although England have only conceded 1 too). They’ll be very tough to break down. 

• Like 2

I think it’s a mental thing now aswell

england also have to cope with the expectation 

id have the germane as slight favourites 

in the quarter and semis, England have been outplayed for long periods (admittedly Sweden were only on top until we scored). I just hope that those who turn on for the first time on Sunday aren’t dismissive of womens football on the basis of a poor performance without taking context into account. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Germany are 2/1 to win in 90 minutes. How?

I'm tempted to lump on that.

England have only conceded 1 and scored twenty, putting four past Sweden, plus at home. I totally see how. Bookies are right, you are certainly more likely to lose your money putting down on that. 

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

England have only conceded 1 and scored twenty, putting four past Sweden, plus at home. I totally see how. Bookies are right, you are certainly more likely to lose your money putting down on that. 

Plus loads of people bet on England which always skews the odds and makes us look like a favourite.

This tournament has been great on so many levels for the women game, apart from the obvious of having a successful team the interest from those who don’t usually watch, kids, particularly young girls having female footballing role models and also it will ramp up the respect and interest given to the womens game! Bringing it up a few levels, the entertainment factor of the games will have certainly won a lot over and lifted the 5he games a few levels. 

• Like 2

Instead of “But I still see that tackle by Moore, & when Linekar scored, Bobby belting the ball, & Nobby Dancing….”

It’s now “But now I see Ellen White standing tall, Russo ready to score, Stanway belting the ball, & Beth Mead screaming.

Lionesses roar, a squad we can believe in, this England team have soared, no more need for dreaming”

• Like 2