Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women’s Euro 2022 - Hosted in England

1 hour ago, LCWFCJ said:

England vs. Spain in the quarter finals then after Spain get a late winner against Denmark

Didn’t see it but apparently Denmark were very negative considering they had to win or rather maybe Spain were just good at keeping the ball ?

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Didn’t see it but apparently Denmark were very negative considering they had to win or rather maybe Spain were just good at keeping the ball ?

Denmark's game plan (whether they had the ability to do anything else is another question) was just keep it tight, let Spain have the ball and try and grab something on the counter, it nearly worked tbf because they had a couple of chances before Spain scored, think they knew if they went all out Spain would just pick them off.

That being said England SHOULD be alright, without Putellas & Hermoso Spain's main routes of attack have been set pieces and long crosses from Mapi Leon and I fancy us to deal with that with the likes of Bright, Williamson & Bronze, unless they change things up.

• Like 1

Sweden are playing some next level footy. They could go far! I'm still hopeful for England but they can beat Spain who've lost some top game changing players due to injuries. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I wonder why the KP was not selected as one of the host venues? Is it too big to fill? Would have been nice. I apparently heard UEFA didn't get a huge amount of interested volunteers from the premier league which is a shame.

Hate to say this or sound patronising in anyway but I think if England got knocked out tonight, the viewing figures would really dip for the rest of the tournament on the BBC. Unlike the mens tournament where even if England get knocked out, supporters will carry on watching. I fear the ladies that the host nation need to stay in order to keep interest and keep the crowds up at the stadiums. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Will this go to penalties in a repeat of '96? Who the women's version of Stuart Pearce?

(Probably been commented on up thread but the lack of diversity in women's football is a bit odd.)

Ellen White surely. 

Diversity, well that's not an issue in the France team. I can understand the argument but saying that the coach has to pick the best set players no matter what skin colour. It's just on this occasion where the manager has picked England's best XI and their all white. To be fair it can be offensive either way. If a player was picked to just tick a box, then that's just offensive in itself. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Will this go to penalties in a repeat of '96? Who the women's version of Stuart Pearce?

(Probably been commented on up thread but the lack of diversity in women's football is a bit odd.)

Read an article about this recently - women's training camps have been moved to whiter, more middle class areas which make it harder for poc girls to keep at it during their teenage years. There's also economic issues which disproportionately affect prospective players who aren't white. Apparently work is being done to fix this because the squad has become much less diverse.

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ellen White surely. 

Diversity, well that's not an issue in the France team. I can understand the argument but saying that the coach has to pick the best set players no matter what skin colour. It's just on this occasion where the manager has picked England's best XI and their all white. To be fair it can be offensive either way. If a player was picked to just tick a box, then that's just offensive in itself. 

This sounds good on paper but it ignores the background of the issues that are listed above. Football isn't a vacuum and economic issues will affect the pool of people who are able to progress to be available for squad selection.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 1