Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

Looks like Tielemans and Kasper out and we can then get a CB and RW in. "Looking at options, been brilliant and club supporting them" means only one thing in Rodgers speak.

After that it will be an auction to sell and most probably resort to season long loans for as much dead wood out of the squad as possible. 

I think we've screwed up the head of recruitment role massively.

Southampton's replacement from man city sent over lots of players and was clearly working for Southampton before his arrival while Glover was still working for them too.

Meanwhile we have no one and while at the beginning of the transfer window it didn't seem to matter, the fact we haven't shifted anyone or got nearer to bring anyone in kind if hints that Southampton have totally out manoeuvred us here. 

In hindsight we should've got someone in even if it's just for this summer until Glover is released.

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Looks like Tielemans and Kasper out and we can then get a CB and RW in. "Looking at options, been brilliant and club supporting them" means only one thing in Rodgers speak.

After that it will be an auction to sell and most probably resort to season long loans for as much dead wood out of the squad as possible. 

Fofana and Barnes had issues yesterday not to mention Ricardo which illustrates the need for CB and RW reinforcements. Kasper will be more of a loss than we think if he goes as club captain.

We also seem to be hanging on for the right offers for some of our fringe players but I can't help feeling that the club will need to cut their losses and free up some space and wages asap. I'm hearing a lot of comments that we managed 8th last year in spite of setbacks but we know several first teamers have a history of long term injuries and I would be really concerned if we don't bring a couple in that improve the starting 11.

Edited by Edingleyfox

18 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Is it entirely possible Top has lost faith in Rodgers and although we do have players we'd like to move on, we don't want to give Rodgers any money?

Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face!  Top and the board members are successful business men, and don't need to play childish games.  if they wanted him gone, he'd have been gone before the transfer window opened.

On 30/07/2022 at 10:33, BKLFox said:

Agree, this squad on paper is good enough to push for a European slot and the straight battle between us and West Ham I think we pip as they will be having the extra European fight to those odd little places miles away, it would be the same if roles reversed the 2 clubs just not deep enough to cope on all 4 fronts.

If no one leaves we have 10 players out of contract next summer with 4 of them starters, Kasper it’s known he wants a new challenge so he goes but huge wage freed, will replace.

Evans / Vardy I think will get extension on lower wages

Tielemens he will walk again probably good wages freed up, will replace but could it be Praet with a younger midfielder as back up Braybrooke?

Then

Cags, does he want to go or a victim of wage issues so can’t offer better deal? Would be happy for him to stay if he can get his head back in the game and offer accepted from freed wages, if not will replace

Then

Amartey, Hamza, Bertrand, Perez and Mendy frees a huge weekly wage for players who won’t appear much this season so if used to bring in just 2 quality signings coupled with blooding 1 or 2 U21/23s surely we are in a better position for the hopefully European campaign 23/24

So next summer we will need to replace 2 maybe 3 positions but also have 5 non starters to get 2 (3) quality that should start, ie RW

Obviously we are going to have to manage the Maddison, Fofana, Barnes enquiries next season if they have another good season but these will be big numbers coming in for big replacement signings if required.

Long and short of it, whilst it looks like we are stagnating due to lack of movement we do have a very good squad and 7 of those 10 most would probably say yeah they can go anyway.

Trouble is, you can't just let players go, they have have contracts, and the Club is legally required to adhere to the terms. Them leaving needs another club to want them, and the player/s to be prepared to go.  

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Southampton's replacement from man city sent over lots of players and was clearly working for Southampton before his arrival while Glover was still working for them too.

Meanwhile we have no one and while at the beginning of the transfer window it didn't seem to matter, the fact we haven't shifted anyone or got nearer to bring anyone in kind if hints that Southampton have totally out manoeuvred us here. 

In hindsight we should've got someone in even if it's just for this summer until Glover is released.

The biggest failure in recruitment in the last few years has been letting Congerton anywhere near the club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

??

We haven't signed anyone because of FFP on wages not because we haven't got a bum on the head of recruitment seat.

54 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Trouble is, you can't just let players go, they have have contracts, and the Club is legally required to adhere to the terms. Them leaving needs another club to want them, and the player/s to be prepared to go.  

I might have confused you, wasn't suggesting we just let players go this summer i was refering to OP if we stick with this team & don't sign anyone we should still be in fine fettle, then as per OP, come next season we have 10 players out of contract which will free up much needed wages to spend a bit

45 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The biggest failure in recruitment in the last few years has been letting Congerton anywhere near the club.

I'm no Congerton fan, but on the balance of play, was he that terrible? There have been good signings, and bad.

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Talk about cutting of your nose to spite your face!  Top and the board members are successful business men, and don't need to play childish games.  if they wanted him gone, he'd have been gone before the transfer window opened.

Costs a lot of money to sack him, wouldn't cost them anything if he walked. It wouldn't be the first time this was pulled by a club. It's all speculation and I'm only opening up a discussion as I don't know 

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

I'm no Congerton fan, but on the balance of play, was he that terrible? There have been good signings, and bad.

The appointment was terrible yeah as it was clearly evident what the club was getting, a charlatan who is shite at his job, all the warning signs were there from every club he was at previously. He's a large part of why the club can't basically do anything in the transfer market this summer.

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Has there been a weirder transfer window than this one?

I can only think of The Great YouTube Influx under Martin Allen.

Didn’t old ‘mad dog’ sign DJ Campbell?

He didn’t last long. Allen or Campbell.

11 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

One thing I've noticed is how air tight the clubs been this summer, obviously gotten rid of a few leakers.

All rumours have orginated from the other clubs. Wonder how many deals we have lined up and who with.

I think a lot would be surprised how much the leaking of information was pissing off the players 

The club is reaping the harvest from the worst transfer decisions made last Summer when everything turned to shit from the desperate duo to Soumare. It looks like the normal sell one of the top players will need to be sell at least two of the top players to afford the shit sitting on the side-lines that no other club wants.

Who ever is in charge of the Football operations at the Club has lost the plot.   Personally, I think Top has been badly let down this past 12 months by the people he trusted, all be it these same people have historically delivered considerable success.

This situation we find ourselves in is nothing short of farcical.  I just hope, that when the dust settles on this window, those actually responsible man-up and fall on their swords.  Announcing to the World at large that we cannot afford to sign any body unless we sell first, is a masterstroke of how not to run a business.   King Power must be fuming.  Time for changes Top.

• Like 3