Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

Just now, mozartfox said:

Who ever is in charge of the Football operations at the Club has lost the plot.   Personally, I think Top has been badly let down this past 12 months by the people he trusted, all be it these same people have historically delivered considerable success.

This situation we find ourselves in is nothing short of farcical.  I just hope, that when the dust settles on this window, those actually responsible man-up and fall on their swords.  Announcing to the World at large that we cannot afford to sign any body unless we sell first, is a masterstroke of how not to run a business.   King Power must be fuming.  Time for changes Top.

We really need to start beginning our posts with "FoxesTalk sources understand..."   lol

Our recruitment/personnel strategy has been poor for last two seasons, some notable exceptions aside. It appears we have taken our eye off the ball big time, which has resulted in a bloated squad, too much on wages, poor contractual dealings etc. As well as the associated PR. Rodgers should not be spouting off. We used to do this well on the whole a few seasons back. The chickens have come home to roost. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who ever is in charge of the Football operations at the Club has lost the plot.   Personally, I think Top has been badly let down this past 12 months by the people he trusted, all be it these same people have historically delivered considerable success.

This situation we find ourselves in is nothing short of farcical.  I just hope, that when the dust settles on this window, those actually responsible man-up and fall on their swords.  Announcing to the World at large that we cannot afford to sign any body unless we sell first, is a masterstroke of how not to run a business.   King Power must be fuming.  Time for changes Top.

Other than a few duff signings and not getting any offers in for Tielemans or Soyuncu, what else have those around Top badly let him down on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

We really need to start beginning our posts with "FoxesTalk sources understand..."   lol

A good idea.  I may start to use that phrase my self.

´FoxesTalk sources understand the ability of some of people running the Club is being called into question by a FT member calling himself ´mozartfox´ - here we go´ .  

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Other than a few duff signings and not getting any offers in for Tielemans or Soyuncu, what else have those around Top badly let him down on?

Top has DONE absolutely nothing wrong. Read the post again. The people entrusted to run the Football Operations are the cause of this situation.

23 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Top has DONE absolutely nothing wrong. Read the post again. The people entrusted to run the Football Operations are the cause of this situation.

I can read perfectly well but you are saying those around him have let him down and I'm curious to the reasons.

I appreciate this is water under the bridge but that summer of 2016 still haunts me. We wasted huge money on the wrong signings, that was our chance to try and establish ourselves as one of the top clubs. If we had strengthened properly who knows what we would have done the following year and would players like Mahrez had stayed. It's all if's but's and maybe's but the whole thing was a shambles.

• Like 1

Genuine question: Is there a chance we can use the potential saved wages forecasted for Schmeichel, on incoming player(s), or are we already paying over the FFP threshold, therefore we can't use this money?

(please don't reply back to this question mentioning '25 man Squad' as we are now within that list limit, and the two topics are completely separate anyway. Thanks)  

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question: Is there a chance we can use the potential saved wages forecasted for Schmeichel, on incoming player(s), or are we already paying over the FFP threshold, therefore we can't use this money?

(please don't reply back to this question mentioning '25 man Squad' as we are now within that list limit, and the two topics are completely separate anyway. Thanks)  

It will most certainly help, but I think it also helps us cover some wages for other dog shit we want out the door that so far other clubs aren't willing to cover all their wages when buying/loaning them. It's a domino effect.

• Thanks 1

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I appreciate this is water under the bridge but that summer of 2016 still haunts me. We wasted huge money on the wrong signings, that was our chance to try and establish ourselves as one of the top clubs. If we had strengthened properly who knows what we would have done the following year and would players like Mahrez had stayed. It's all if's but's and maybe's but the whole thing was a shambles.

That transfer window was definitely not ‘the club having a sound transfer policy’.

Christ we wasted some money that summer

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I can read perfectly well but you are saying those around him have let him down and I'm curious to the reasons.

Come on Ric, is every thing rosey at the moment?  There have been some major errors made by people within the Club (NOT Top) which have placed us where we are right now.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It will most certainly help, but I think it also helps us cover some wages for other dog shit we want out the door that so far other clubs aren't willing to cover all their wages when buying/loaning them. It's a domino effect.

Makes me wonder if Hamza (West Brom), Soumare (Monaco) and Praet (Torino (although I really hope he stays!!)) have all got loan deals locked in, but everyone's waiting on us to have our wage contribution in order, so they can be rubber stamped?

32 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Come on Ric, is every thing rosey at the moment?  There have been some major errors made by people within the Club (NOT Top) which have placed us where we are right now.

The reason things appear to not be rosey is we've put ourselves in a position where the narrative is so easy for the media to pile in on.

The reason why we are where we are is we've too many players having played in Europe for a few seasons, backed the manager last summer and haven't moved players on well enough in recent years. But I don't blame Rudkin for being unable to sell Choudhury, Perez, Soyuncu etc. If clubs won't bid or won't make serious offers then what do we do? The recruitment has taken a bit of a nosedive to compound this bottleneck issue too, we are now in the phase of having to sort it and whilst we are it's easy for folk to start slagging us off and say we're in free fall and its game over for us.

We've made many mistakes as a club before in the last 7 years and then recovered, but we don't always nip it in the bud. It takes time and whilst we are doing that, plenty will take the opportunity to tell us the good times are over for us. They wish, they hate what we've done and that no other club has come even close in the challenging pack in doing so. We make a mockery of elite football and writing us off will hopefully help give some of our lots heads a wobble. 

This is weirdest transfer window I can remember.

As fans we have a luxury of hindsight, it is so easy to be critical. It is clear for everyone to see we've made to some poor recent signings (every club does) and perhaps the club should not offered extended contracts on bigger wages to some of our squad players. I think many on this forum thought Choudhury would kick on and potentially become a first team regular, he hasn't and won't, but that is a gamble every club makes with their emerging talent. On balance, I think the club gets most things right but expectations have been inevitably raised. I am encouraged, if disappointed, that the club are taking the stance that they are taking in that we cannot sign new players until we reduce our squad number and lower the wage bill. We are lucky to have a well managed club that has achieved success beyond our wildest dreams under the Srivaddhanaprabha family. We are never going to live beyond our means and do a Leeds and for that I am grateful to the custodians of our great club.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

This is weirdest transfer window I can remember.

As fans we have a luxury of hindsight, it is so easy to be critical. It is clear for everyone to see we've made to some poor recent signings (every club does) and perhaps the club should not offered extended contracts on bigger wages to some of our squad players. I think many on this forum thought Choudhury would kick on and potentially become a first team regular, he hasn't and won't, but that is a gamble every club makes with their emerging talent. On balance, I think the club gets most things right but expectations have been inevitably raised. I am encouraged, if disappointed, that the club are taking the stance that they are taking in that we cannot sign new players until we reduce our squad number and lower the wage bill. We are lucky to have a well managed club that has achieved success beyond our wildest dreams under the Srivaddhanaprabha family. We are never going to live beyond our means and do a Leeds and for that I am grateful to the custodians of our great club.

You can talk about living beyond your means but haven’t Leeds just sold 95 million worth of players?

They’ve done something right there haven’t they?

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You can talk about living beyond your means but haven’t Leeds just sold 95 million worth of players?

Think he’s talking about when they went bust and were relegated in the late 90s, chasing success

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Think he’s talking about when they went bust and were relegated in the late 90s, chasing success

Ah 👍

imagine if all of this was actually one big strategy, while all of our top targets are still available , create a media storm with the prerogative that we have no money. 

Sell a keeper we planned to love in anyway… lock down bargain deals as the clubs no longer think we are in a position to over pay and won’t fleece us as much as usual. 

It was all going to plan until all our stars wanted to leave lol

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yes, I was referencing Leeds in early 2000’s and Peter Risdale’s infamous statement about how they ‘lived the dream’. https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/19039/chairman-makes-statement

Might be best to sell Wes and not replace  now and write the season off and just make sure we are not relegated. Then start the re-build next summer when we can say adios to virtually all the dead-wood.   This may drive BR out, but big Sam is un-employed.  Cannot remember feeling so negative about the Club since Peter Taylor and Junior were here. It is going to be a tough year ahead us, but I have lived through many of those in the past. Foxes never die, just hibernate.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Might be best to sell Wes and not replace  now and write the season off and just make sure we are not relegated. Then start the re-build next summer when we can say adios to virtually all the dead-wood.   This may drive BR out, but big Sam is un-employed.  Cannot remember feeling so negative about the Club since Peter Taylor and Junior were here. It is going to be a tough year ahead us, but I have lived through many of those in the past. Foxes never die, just hibernate.

The wages each season meanscwe cabt hust write a season off.  Worse, the consequebces of relegation are severe. 

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The wages each season meanscwe cabt hust write a season off.  Worse, the consequebces of relegation are severe. 

I think I understand your post.  Selling Wes now will certainly harm our chances of top 8.  Until this window closes it is really difficult to see what direction we are heading - standing still or going backwards.

• Like 1