Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I wonder with the removal of Kasper from the wage bill this is enough for transfers in to happen? Probably not but no one knows the state of finances really....

Takes 130k off the weekly figure, and about 6.7m off the annual figure. Annual wage bill will be £185m ish but this tweet  

That data pre-dates the contract extensions given to JJ, Ricardo, Fofana and KDH though, so we're still in a bit of bother when it comes to bringing players in and when it comes to extending key players deals that expire in 2023 - Evans, Vardy, Soyuncu - and 2024 - Ndidi, Maddison, Thomas, Iheanacho.

• Like 2

The way things are looking i feel its likely we will see players leave on deadline day, potentially wes, madder, youri, castagne and thomas could be among those allowed to leave to free up wages and bring in some signings. im not saying all of those will go, i hope they stay but when the offers come in and it means the difference between bringing in our targets or not, it could easily happen, especially if the buying clubs are just waiting for deadline day to push the transfers through quickly. this could be a difficult season for us but i would rather have a season of hanging on in the premier league than go down and go bankrupt.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Takes 130k off the weekly figure, and about 6.7m off the annual figure. Annual wage bill will be £185m ish but this tweet  

That data pre-dates the contract extensions given to JJ, Ricardo, Fofana and KDH though, so we're still in a bit of bother when it comes to bringing players in and when it comes to extending key players deals that expire in 2023 - Evans, Vardy, Soyuncu - and 2024 - Ndidi, Maddison, Thomas, Iheanacho.

It's absolutely staggering our average wage is £92k. We've gone head first in to this without knowing the FFP rules were changing that would be brutal for a club pushing things to the maximum after a period of sustained success. 

42 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I wonder with the removal of Kasper from the wage bill this is enough for transfers in to happen? Probably not but no one knows the state of finances really....

Apparently he's the 2nd highest earner behind vards so I'd have hoped so...

19 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think I understand your post.  Selling Wes now will certainly harm our chances of top 8.  Until this window closes it is really difficult to see what direction we are heading - standing still or going backwards.

But will it tho if it means we can get a young defender in for say 20 million then get that right winger we so desperately need plus free up money to put maddison on a long term contract 

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Average weekly wage £92k. That can't be right surely? I'd imagine Vardy and Kasper were the only ones on north of 100k..  

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The £192m has deferred wages from 19/20 in as well due to COVID, so not a true reflection of the wages costs for 20/21

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's absolutely staggering our average wage is £92k. We've gone head first in to this without knowing the FFP rules were changing that would be brutal for a club pushing things to the maximum after a period of sustained success. 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Average weekly wage £92k. That can't be right surely? I'd imagine Vardy and Kasper were the only ones on north of 100k..  

Remember this is across the board so includes all player staff u21-u16, all employers of the club (Non playing).

You really need a split out of just the senior squad to work the average wage. 

And included deferred wages form 19/20

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

**** me. That average wage. No wonder nobody will take Hamza, Ayo, Vestergaard and co

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

no offense chap but about now would be a great time for a signing or two!

Well excuse me but the thing Is while everyone was getting excited at the end of the season and quoting spends of 40 and 50 million I did say out net spend would he very little if not zero.

I'm still expecting 2 or3 squad fillers at least to make way before the window ends and it will free up some funds.

There are a couple of deals all but secured for new recruits but until some deadwood has finally gone we will just have to be patient as the cash is simply not there. 

There is plenty of time before the window shuts and still expecting those deals to get over the line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Well excuse me but the thing Is while everyone was getting excited at the end of the season and quoting spends of 40 and 50 million I did say out net spend would he very little if not zero.

I'm still expecting 2 or3 squad fillers at least to make way before the window ends and it will free up some funds.

There are a couple of deals all but secured for new recruits but until some deadwood has finally gone we will just have to be patient as the cash is simply not there. 

There is plenty of time before the window shuts and still expecting those deals to get over the line.

Presumably the deals we have agreed will have the selling clubs doing similar - like a property chain 

at what point does it become too late ? 

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Thanks for sharing. Let's hope we manage to shift some fringe players then. I'm guessing that means Kasper's departure hasn't solved the issue. Shame as I thought wages were the issue, not transfer funds.

Any clue what positions we've all but agreed deals for?

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

So even with 130k a week off the books we still don’t have enough in the budget to make signings? 

We really are screwed in a competitive sense. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 15:15, Dames said:

So even with 130k a week off the books we still don’t have enough in the budget to make signings? 

We really are screwed in a competitive sense. 

I reckon the club are desperate, but how do the hierarchy save face and find a position to maximise player sales profits when other clubs know we are financially vulnerable.

I think the club has moved away from its successful business model since Brendan’s arrival, the two years of nearly securing Champions League football and winning the FA Cup meant the club supported Rodgers and effectively gambled that the squad would succeed in delivering champions league and therefore have refrained from selling a key asset last summer, after last seasons drop off and failure to reach European competition the club are now actively looking to recover the position and the appointment of Martyn Glover would suggest a return to the successful business model of recruiting young hungry players and then selling for high fees that can be then reinvested. 

it worked so well with players such as Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater & Maguire, in addition with the academy set up now providing a few first teamers and a number of talented youngsters who could breakthrough over the next 2/3 seasons there is also the opportunity to move these on for high profits like the Chilwell deal. 

This is why I would not be surprised to see Fofana leave as his sale could be used to reset our finances and a return to the strategy that has served so well in recent years. 

i think this is a crunch week for us. it’s crazy that we have so many players we are willing to get rid of and haven’t been able to budge a single person. 

Not just permanent moves but even our young talent, we haven’t loaned nearly enough of our young stars out yet. 

There were easy deals to be had for wright and hirst and if either of them go out on loan at this point you have to question why the club didn’t get them out sooner. 

I would have thought someone like mendy would have had plenty of offers. There seems to be a group of seriously unmotivated players that are happy to not play. Maybe a lush training ground with golf courses and pools wasnt a great idea 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised even if Fofana does go that we don’t reinvest much this year and we carry the funds over to next year for a complete rebuild.

If this were to happen, and it might, then we are truly rubber ducked.