Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can’t help we’ve made a complete mess of this window. I appreciate the whole getting rid of players before get some in. So why haven’t we loaned players out when it’s evident we can’t get a sale. For example Fulham wanted Vestegaard but they didn’t meet his wage demands, so why didn’t we loan him and just pay a quarter of his wages?

Because a loan doesn’t generate much of a fee, which we’d need to get a replacement. 

I see the Italians have come up with a rascal plan for Praet.  Offer 8 million now, or a loan now with obligation to buy for 8 million at the end of the years loan.  So if we are paying for the lion’s share of his salary during the loan period, we can save money by selling him now rather than at the knock down price in 1 years time.  The Mafia must have come up with that one.

Rudders may need some protection…

With Fofana money coming in the next few days of activity will be a true reflection of the state of the club.

If we only sign a replacement/cover we are deep deep in the cack. 

If we get a few players in and strengthen then all might actually be well. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

With Fofana money coming in the next few days of activity will be a true reflection of the state of the club.

If we only sign a replacement/cover we are deep deep in the cack. 

If we get a few players in and strengthen then all might actually be well. 

I hope we don’t! I hope we get a CB and nothing else, unless more leave, as I want us to hold fire until Glover comes in, and next Summer ends loads of contracts and who knows who will be in charge?  :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I hope we don’t! I hope we get a CB and nothing else, unless more leave, as I want us to hold fire until Glover comes in, and next Summer ends loads of contracts and who knows who will be in charge?  :dunno:

We desperately need wide players at least 1 if not 2.

We can’t rely on Barnes dodgy knees for a whole year.

With the wedge for Fofana time to wheel and deal with the other crap that we have struggled to move on

Agree to pay some of Vestergaards wages rather than him sitting here on the full wack

Accept a slightly lower fee for Soumare

Looks like we could be getting Perez's wages off the books as well

Sort of stuff we should have been doing earlier on but no point keeping them around now if they aren't going to play at all

Edited by moore_94

47 minutes ago, Shane said:

Is it worth using some of the money to pay off Bertrand’s contract? 

No. 

It is never worth paying off a player's contract unless he's in his last year. 

If we pay him for the whole season, that's a year's worth of wages we have to find for him this year. 

If we buy out his contract that's several years we have to find this year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pearson said he's about ready to give up management getting him in as DOF would be great.

Why would that be a good idea. 

He had Walsh as a head of recruitment and Rudkin as a DOF here. 

Hiring people because you like then isn't how you run a business. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Who genuinely trusts the club to reinvest the money wisely given our recent transfer activity?

And we won’t be talking huge amounts to spend anyway

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who genuinely trusts the club to reinvest the money wisely given our recent transfer activity?

And we won’t be talking huge amounts to spend anyway

It’s only been one bad summer of bad signings hasn’t it? The season before we bought Fofana and Castagne so pretty steady. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

It’s only been one bad summer of bad signings hasn’t it? The season before we bought Fofana and Castagne so pretty steady. 

Many would say Daka is a complete waste of money. Same with Soumare?