Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JimmyC74

Recruitment strategy under the spotlight 

22 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can’t help we’ve made a complete mess of this window. I appreciate the whole getting rid of players before get some in. So why haven’t we loaned players out when it’s evident we can’t get a sale. For example Fulham wanted Vestegaard but they didn’t meet his wage demands, so why didn’t we loan him and just pay a quarter of his wages?

Also a false economy to do what they doing here.

So we held on for what was maybe an extra 10 million, losing a couple of weeks, and we dont think we have to spend an extra 10 million now doing dead line day deals?  If they can even be done at all.  Lookman someone who worked for us available on a low fee e.g. is now lost.

The most sensible thing to do now at this point would be to not spend until next summer and then do it early next summer.

Our problems are the manager not the players anyway.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

That’s the bad season I am referring to. We don’t know what we’ll sign this summer yet. 

What point are you making?

Theres Bertrand, Vestergaard, Daka and Soumare who combined cost more than our profit for Fofana, none of whom are anywhere near the first team?

Thats not good recruitment surely?

We’ve made money on Fofana, but wasted the profit we are making on him on players who aren’t often playing…

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who genuinely trusts the club to reinvest the money wisely given our recent transfer activity?

And we won’t be talking huge amounts to spend anyway

Not me if we're still following Congerton's old suggestions. We'd end up with Dad's Army.

We have 

Iversen

Castagne,  Justin, Thomas, Perreira

Evans, Soyuncu

Ndidi, Mendy

KDH. Maddison, Tielemans,  Praet

Barnes

Vardy, Dake, Iheanacho 

Get us two.cbs and a rw

Albrighton, Amartey, Wright, Ward, Smithies are adequate back-ups.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, majaco said:

We have 

Iversen

Castagne,  Justin, Thomas, Perreira

Evans, Soyuncu

Ndidi, Mendy

KDH. Maddison, Tielemans,  Praet

Barnes

Vardy, Dake, Iheanacho 

Get us two.cbs and a rw

Albrighton, Amartey, Wright, Ward, Smithies are adequate back-ups.

That just shows what a shower we are defensively. We will now have Evans (we’ll past his best), Soyuncu (who’s not playing), Vestie and Amartey (don’t even go there). There can’t be a worse set of CB’s in the Premiership I imagine. Possibly Bournemouth.

The club must start with sorting out this leaking of goals. The rest will follow.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What point are you making?

Theres Bertrand, Vestergaard, Daka and Soumare who combined cost more than our profit for Fofana, none of whom are anywhere near the first team?

Thats not good recruitment surely?

We’ve made money on Fofana, but wasted the profit we are making on him on players who aren’t often playing…

My point is I think we only have had one bad summer….so let’s see what happens this year before we all assume we’ll waste it.

The seasons before that from 2017 til 2020 were pretty steady. 

• Like 1

Did this list. Transfer history of first team players since promotion, ones in bold I consider a successful buy either for achievements, performances or profit.

Will admit not as bad as I first thought so will lay off the dont do business until next summer now :p, but I do hope we dont spend much money as I think Rodgers is on his way out and we should have more for the next manager.

LCFC transfer history since promotion.

July

Albrighton
Upson
Hamer
Ulloa
Fuchs
Huth
Okazaki

Zieler
Hernandez
Mendy
Musa
Maguire
Iborra
Jakupovic
Evans
Maddison
Pereira

Ward - Made first team now, time will tell if this becomes bold.
Justin
Perez
Tielemans

Daka
Bertrand
Vestergaard

Early August

Kante
Benalouane
Inler
Iheanacho
Ghezzak
Benkovic
Soyuncu
Praet

Soumare
Smithies

Last week of window

Cambiasso
Simpson

Lawrence
Slimani
Silva (registered 1 jan missed deadline)
Castagne

Weird dates not inside normal window

Fofana 2 Oct

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

Just occurred to me that we're playing United on Transfer Deadline Day. That's not going to help us try and secure last-minute signings.

Got a feeling we're going to sell Fofana, not sign anyone, and not sack Rodgers for a few games yet. Buckle up, folks.

• Like 1

Galatasaray T1 saying they've put a bid of 4m in for Nathan Redmond and are hopeful of getting the deal done

Tella, Bednarek, Redmond, slowly but surely these Southampton players are getting taken off the market which puts us out of harms way

• Haha 1

Hopefully Glover will enlighten us.  Our Recruitment Team are really under the spot-light now.  Let´s see what they have been working on all these past months........   

Can some genius install a Transfer Window Clock thread? So when the Recruitment Team check FT, they can see the seconds and minutes passing by before the window closes.

With 3 and a half days to go, we don't even seem to be linked to anyone. I'm just hoping the club is being air tight with leaks. But you'd expect more names to be flying around now. 

Forest being able to sign Lodi from Atlético Madrid and West Ham signing Paqueta are real gut punches when we are in our current scenario. I think the club is really underestimating how much other teams (especially those around us) are strengthening. 

Edited by Gav_LCFC14
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

With 3 and a half days to go, we don't even seem to be linked to anyone. I'm just hoping the club is being air tight with leaks. But you'd expect more names to be flying around now. 

Forest being able to sign Lodi from Atlético Madrid and West Ham signing Paqueta are real gut punches when we are in our current scenario. I think the club is really underestimating how much other teams (especially those around us) are strengthening. 

We have to factor in quality players will not come to a struggling team with a failing manager unless you throw a shitload of money at them.

• Sad 2