Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

Just now, Silebyfox_89 said:

This smacks of a newly promoted side looking for prem experience.

We should be doing alot better.

This smacks of having experience helping your young prospects of Fofana, Nelson, etc. If we did manage to bring in Colwil too, it makes a lot of sense, as Jonny is not going to play every game.

But don’t think we will sign him. lol

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is 26 and has bags of premier league experience, as a transitional Evans replacement, we could do a lot worse.

Is that our standards now then? Dont go after actual decent players when we can sign average ones on ridiculous wages who we wont be able to shift in 2 years time because there are worse out there? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This smacks of having experience helping your young prospects of Fofana, Nelson, etc. If we did manage to bring in Colwil too, it makes a lot of sense, as Jonny is not going to play every game.

But don’t think we will sign him. lol

Experience?  Like Tarkowski?  Available for free.

Imagine passing up that opportunity and paying actual money for the third quarter of the second worst defence of 2020.   Madness.

It's not the logic of bringing in an experienced defender that is in question, just the logic of picking out this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reading online, apparently Southampton are interested in signing Levi Cowill and have to clear out their deadwood to raise funds.

They're probably thinking they will sell him for a huge profit to Liverpool or Man city in 4 years time...which seems the philosophy of  their new owners Sport Republic 

Exactly how we should be operating

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Experience?  Like Tarkowski?  Available for free.

Imagine passing up that opportunity and paying actual money for the third quarter of the second worst defence of 2020.   Madness.

It's not the logic of bringing in an experienced defender that is in question, just the logic of picking out this one.

Tarkowski was on the wane I thought, and Bednarek is only 26

But as stated before, I do not believe we will sign him

but it sure would be funny, might have to take a day off to browse if it happens

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

As I stated, I do not believe we will sign him, but people act like we can fill the team with kids and expect success, it’s helpful for younger players to have in house role models, no?

Didn't Alan Hansen say you won't win anything with kids? Ended up with egg on his face I seem to recall.

Really I don't disagree about experience but no, please not another Southampton player.  Please. Even psychologically, please no.  

I am starting to get the impression that you sir are a contrarian 😁

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Tarkowski was on the wane I thought, and Bednarek is only 26

But as stated before, I do not believe we will sign him

but it sure would be funny, might have to take a day off to browse if it happens

Whether you believe we will sign him or not, you do seem to be advocating the move.

I think you are a good poster Mr Dahnsouff but you are also a staunch defender of a certain Spanish wing wizard, so I have to ask, is there any player out there that would make you hold your nose?  

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Didn't Alan Hansen say you won't win anything with kids? Ended up with egg on his face I seem to recall.

Really I don't disagree about experience but no, please not another Southampton player.  Please. Even psychologically, please no.  

I am starting to get the impression that you sir are a contrarian 😁

Contrarian perhaps, but I believe in the premise that experience will benefit younger players development 

And we do not have a class of 91 in the u21’s you cheeky rascal 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Contrarian perhaps, but I believe in the premise that experience will benefit younger players development 

And we do not have a class of 91 in the u21’s you cheeky rascal 

Meh. Nor do we have Ferguson.  I'll give you that.  

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Whether you believe we will sign him or not, you do seem to be advocating the move.

I think you are a good poster Mr Dahnsouff but you are also a staunch defender of a certain Spanish wing wizard, so I have to ask, is there any player out there that would make you hold your nose?  

I am advocating the premise, not the player. I do not fear the stench of any player, and would judge them on what they do for us should they sign.

Plenty of players irk, but life’s too short to waste time getting bent out of shape about it, it’s only transitory anyway.

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Bringing someone in ahead of of Evans is exactly what we should be doing! Evans is at the end of his career and injury prone. We saw that last season and he most certainly won't figure for large parts of the season once he gets injured again.

We’re probably not bringing in this guy, so on to the next name… ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is 26 and has bags of premier league experience, as a transitional Evans replacement, we could do a lot worse.

The only way I would really even be slightly okay with getting him is if we got him AND Colwill, AND it didn't take money away from other positions we need (right wing)

He would probably be a slightly better 4th choice option than Amartey and Vestergaard

• Like 1