Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

Not for a minute do I think there is anything in this transfer link, but in any case I wanted to dig deeper into his Southampton career.

He has played the equivalent of 126 full games for the Saints in the PL, and they have conceded 210 goals while he has been on the pitch. That's 1.67 goals conceded per 90 mins. Utterly horrific.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not for a minute do I think there is anything in this transfer link, but in any case I wanted to dig deeper into his Southampton career.

He has played the equivalent of 126 full games for the Saints in the PL, and they have conceded 210 goals while he has been on the pitch. That's 1.67 goals conceded per 90 mins. Utterly horrific.

For context... thats even worse than we were last season (1.55 for those wondering) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Sounds like our kind of Saint 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I was excited this evening when I saw we'd actually been linked to someone. Then I delved further. 

If there is any credibility to this rumour, given the context also of the Bertrand and Vestergaard signings last season , then Brendan, his entire coaching staff, John Rudkin, the entire recruitment team, every statistician, Susan Whelan and even the f'kin tea lady should be sacked with immediate effect!!! 

Thinking about this a bit more I think I may have under reacted earlier. 

If this happens we should just dissolve the club and all agree to not talk about it ever again 

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

But hands were tied, the plan was to take a young up'n'comer to act as 4/5th back up but the w/end before the season started we lost Wes & for the season (at the time) we were now down to 1 snr CB (Cags) with Evans struggling & Armarty who hadn't been proven in the position because he was behind Wes, Evans & Cags the season before so hadn't really been tested.
He had to opt for a seasoned CB & at that point (a few days before the start of the season) there wouldn't have been that many CBs being touted around for 15m or under

For a start we didn't need his obsession for 3 at the back which only compounded problems and Armarty had been a player of an Afcon tournament at centre half. 

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Unfortunately there maybe some truth in this.  Reason being we have just signed Southamptons equivalent of Congerton.  I hope it's not true as I don't rate him Vestergaard mark 2.  Only time will tell.

dont torment them jesus