Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

Just now, Finnegan said:

Probably worth chilling out a little bit until there's actually any significantly credible source saying this is close. 

This just smacks of "Leicester have just confirmed someone from Southampton have joined, Leicester need a defender, Leicester have signed from Southampton before, Leicester must be after Bednarek."

While we still have Soyuncu and Vestergaard under contract and neither are showing signs of leaving, I'll be amazed if our first transfer of the summer is a potentially 4th or 5th choice centre back when Evans and Fofana are both back fit and Amartey did enough to show last year he can cover in a bind and Soyuncu has, for the most part, looked pretty solid next to Evans.

You need a ban, that post is way too thought out and reasonable and not reactionary enough for me

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Omar Richards the left wing-back, not Chris Richards, the centre-half. 

Haha true but the point still applies.

To be fair Bednarek isn’t the worst but I’m not buzzing about this rumour. I’ve had that feeling about others in the past who have gone on to do well for us. 

7 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Forest get Richards. Wolves get Collins. We get Bednarek. I’m willing to give anyone a chance but the Southampton thing is still too raw for me at the moment. 

We already have fofana and evans. 

This would be like when Rodgers signed Lovren, Lallana & Lambert for Liverpool, he must have an obsession with signing a trio of shitty Southampton players. 

This is the fear with Rodgers, I said it last season, he gets you to a high point, then he fvcks things up by signing crap.

All we can hope for is that Jason Bourne is right about not being convinced by this, Bednarek wouldn’t fit the profile we’re looking for.

But unsurprisingly it’s the fear of signing shitty Southampton players in the past, along with appointing Martyn Glover(despite him not starting till September), where signing Bednarek actually feels likely.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Jason Bourne who reported it doesn't necessarily believe it himself...

It is yet another that would be totally at odds with what we supposedly want. He's got pretty dire passing stats and he isn't right footed. He's the Polish Amartey.

If this is legit something genuinely fishy is going on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Forest get Richards. Wolves get Collins. We get Bednarek. I’m willing to give anyone a chance but the Southampton thing is still too raw for me at the moment. 

Forest have got Omar Richards (left back), not Chris Richards. But Niakhate is better than Bednarek.

If this is who we sign then I'm done with this regime, whether it's Brendan or Rudkin and Glover. We need liquidating and starting again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is TalkSPORT a trustworthy source?

3 pages of dummy spitting before this question. 

A cynic would say someone at TS has worked out which player, by dint of them being just fractionally on the right side of plausible and with circumstances triggering previous grievances, would cause the maximum level of 'user engagement'.