Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Forest have got Omar Richards (left back), not Chris Richards. But Niakhate is better than Bednarek.

If this is who we sign then I'm done with this regime, whether it's Brendan or Rudkin and Glover. We need liquidating and starting again.

This is what happens when you spend the summer watching too much love island. Messes with your head. 

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This would be like when Rodgers signed Lovren, Lallana & Lambert for Liverpool, he must have an obsession with signing a trio of shitty Southampton players. 

This is the fear with Rodgers, I said it last season, he gets you to a high point, then he fvcks things up by signing crap.

All we can hope for is that Jason Bourne is right about not being convinced by this, Bednarek wouldn’t fit the profile we’re looking for.

But unsurprisingly it’s the fear of signing shitty Southampton players in the past, along with appointing Martyn Glover(despite him not starting till September), where signing Bednarek actually feels likely.

Lovren, Lallana and Lambert at Liverpool and with us Vesty and Bertrand........🤔 maybe with the law of averages he thinks he's luck will change this time around by signing Bednarek 

Feels like this is starting to come out as a lazy link

Easy to just throw us in there due it being well known we want a centre back, seemingly previous interest in him, history with signing Southampton players etc.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Feels like this is starting to come out as a lazy link

Easy to just throw us in there due it being well known we want a centre back, seemingly previous interest in him, history with signing Southampton players etc.

We looked at him in January?! lol

Christ.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Lovren, Lallana and Lambert at Liverpool and with us Vesty and Bertrand........🤔 maybe with the law of averages he thinks he's luck will change this time around by signing Bednarek 

To be fair, 3 of the 5 named have Champions League winners medals! And one had a LDV vans trophy!

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

We looked at him in January?! lol

Christ.

I’m sure we looked at a lot of players in January! Doesn’t mean we put bids in for them, or had a serious interest.

A scout will recommend a player, The club has a closer look and say yes let’s go for it, or no thanks he’s not what we need. 

Look come on guys it's obvious, the media thinks we're in the market, Southampton are a feeder club to everyone especially us, there may well be interest from Napoli, the papers and wannabe influencers just add on Leicester could be interested for clicks; because we're massive. 💪

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Why is this Glover chap not joining till September? He seems to be buying some fair players for Soton whilst we don't have a clue.

Also, shouldn't he have been here whilst the transfer window was open :dunno:

I would imagine it’s a gardening leave thing. Soton don’t want him using his knowledge during this transfer window. It would seem he’s keeping that promise. 😂

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m sure we looked at a lot of players in January! Doesn’t mean we put bids in for them, or had a serious interest.

A scout will recommend a player, The club has a closer look and say yes let’s go for it, or no thanks he’s not what we need. 

I thought the same till I saw "retain an interest in his services". That would suggest there was interest.

I find it curious that our first response when we have injuries is to try and sign some random player to plug the gap. Especially considering our manager is apparently famed for bringing kids through. What better opportunity than during an injury crisis. Makes me wonder if Thomas would have got a chance had we not been down to the bare bones during the covid restart. I get the impression if we had an opportunity we'd have thrown a wheelbarrow full of money at Southampton and Bertrand.

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This place is so sensitive these days. Goes into meltdown at the slightest thing. Today it's a tenious link from a dodgy source. 

Probably a reflection of how we feel about the club generally at the minute.

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This place is so sensitive these days. Goes into meltdown at the slightest thing. Today it's a tenious link from a dodgy source. 

I mean, we are one of only two teams in the top five European leagues to have not made a signing. We can't make a signing because we have too many senior players and there is no visible sign that any of them are going to leave soon....

I'm not saying we should panic but I can see why people are starting to be on edge. 

• Like 1