Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

This would be a rotten bit of business - even as a cover option.

We're likely to see Vestergaard go for a huge loss or with us part covering his salary on a loan if we can shift him at all. We're surely not then going to splash another £10mil-15mil (rough estimate as Saints will ask for the same again) on this guy who is equally honking.

Regardless of whether Soyuncu goes this feels utterly brain dead to cough up a fee on Bednarek. If we do you'd assume he's our main signing at CB due to available funds and squad spaces. If Soyuncu stays I'd just rather punt (if we can) Vestergaard and stick to what we have in Evans/Fofana/Amartey/Soyuncu with a youth player as 5th choice than splurge again. If Soyuncu and Vestergaard both go, then imo Evans/Fofana/Amartey/Bednarek is weaker than what we had last season depth wise. 

Hopefully it's a lazy rehash of a story though and he is not our main CB target.

Guest Kopfkino

Just liquidate the club if there’s even a hint of truth in it. How long will the myth that we’re well run prevail - we’re as much a shambles as most of the rest of them

4 minutes ago, This_charming_man said:

Alright lads, Saints fan here in peace

You simply can't say this after we've picked up Vestergaard and Bertrand from you. There's no peace about it, it was an act of violence against all Leicester fans ;)

Both absolutely horrific signings

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

You simply can't say this after we've picked up Vestergaard and Bertrand from you. There's no peace about it, it was an act of violence against all Leicester fans ;)

We couldn't believe our luck when you signed them both! It was hilarious that it was reported in the national media that we'd lost two of our best players

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

**** me, unreal amount of bedwetting about him considering;

1. It probably won't happen

2. He'll likely be about 4th/5th choice.

And he’s better than Vestergaard!

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

They haven't forgiven us for the 9-0.  They must have infiltrated us because those signings were industrial sabotage.  It is the only plausible explanation.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

To be fair, playing devil's advocate, I think 2. is why there's bedwetting about it. If this was a normal summer and we'd already signed a few players nobody would care about us signing some backup. 

But we've not signed anyone all summer and it looks like we're not likely to be able to sign without reducing the Senior squad. 

So signing a fifth choice centre back wouldn't be the smartest move we could ever make. Especially given he's a senior international from a premier league rival who isn't going to come without being paid a decent wage for four years. 

27 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You know we are in this financial mess because of signing players to be '4th/5th choice' right?

Why sign a player to never play as 4th/5th choice, when you can sign a youngster and develop them to eventually be 1st/2nd/3rd choice?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, playing devil's advocate, I think 2. is why there's bedwetting about it. If this was a normal summer and we'd already signed a few players nobody would care about us signing some backup. 

But we've not signed anyone all summer and it looks like we're not likely to be able to sign without reducing the Senior squad. 

So signing a fifth choice centre back wouldn't be the smartest move we could ever make. Especially given he's a senior international from a premier league rival who isn't going to come without being paid a decent wage for four years. 

We've got 4 centre halves going into the last year of their contracts. It's quite clear that we need to sign some.

7 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

You know we are in this financial mess because of signing players to be '4th/5th choice' right?

Why sign a player to never play as 4th/5th choice, when you can sign a youngster and develop them to eventually be 1st/2nd/3rd choice?

Nothing to do with the £250m investments in the training ground and the stadium?

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I mean, we are one of only two teams in the top five European leagues to have not made a signing. We can't make a signing because we have too many senior players and there is no visible sign that any of them are going to leave soon....

I'm not saying we should panic but I can see why people are starting to be on edge. 

No but come on, if somebody fairly reliable posts a link to a player you're just supposed to nod your head and refuse to give any kind of opinion on it!!! Half the people on here have their own meltdown because people... talk about football on a football forum.

The manager spoke about a rebuild. This isn't the fans fault.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

No but come on, if somebody fairly reliable posts a link to a player you're just supposed to nod your head and refuse to give any kind of opinion on it!!! Half the people on here have their own meltdown because people... talk about football on a football forum.

The manager spoke about a rebuild. This isn't the fans fault.

I'm going to assume that you've either quoted the wrong person or you're having a stroke because nothing I said comes even remotely close to blaming the fans.