Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

40 minutes ago, This_charming_man said:

Alright lads, Saints fan here in peace. I see you've been linked with Bednarek, it seems Brendon wants buy the back 4 of your 9-0 win at our place, Bertrand, Vestergaard, now Bednarek, if we can give you £3m to take Valery as well then that'll be the whole band back together. 

So Bednarek, on a positve note you wont have to pay his fuel expenses as there will be lots of Saints fans willing to drive him to Leciester themselves. :D

Seriously though i saw someone post that BR wants a fast, front footed aggresive defender. Bednarek is none of those things. He's had some decent games for us but that's mainly been when we've been backs to the wall trying to hold onto a lead or draw. He was great when we beat City 1-0 at home a couple of seasons ago when we played most of the second half on our own halg, getting headers and blocks in. He's great at getting at that when under pressure but he really gets found out when we're on the front foot, he's a reactive defender, great if there is an obvious issue but when he needs to read the game or lead from the back he really struggles. Cant fault him as a bloke, great proffessional and keeps himself in good shape, the sort of player you want to better than he is.

Very surprised to see you're in for him as he wont improve your first XI, okay as a back up player but no way is he going to challenge your current CBs for a starting place. Anyway, hope you sign him ;)

Sounds totally at odds to what we need, but that hasn't stopped us before.

Like I said earlier. Polish Amartey by the sounds of it. We need somebody who'll push Evans not upgrade on Vestergaard or Amartey.

I want to believe it'll be Colwill we sign but I'd not put this past us.

Just now, Scotch said:

I'm going to assume that you've either quoted the wrong person or you're having a stroke because nothing I said comes even remotely close to blaming the fans. 

It was entirely sarcasm and I was basically agreeing with you.

• Like 1

Be better to not sign anyone and go with what we have.

This is probably why Brendan went public with the profile of defender he wanted so the scouting team didn't serve up this kind of shite player.

He's probably really annoyed with our scouting right now and director of football who have let him down quite a bit lately.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

Have a flick through the Transfer section topics for a page or two. These are all players that we've been 'linked' to or 'situation we're monitoring' and we've signed none of them at all.

Absolute pinch of salt with this until there are any more credible sources that is true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I'm completely relaxed.

But it's true, the spine of this team is coming to it's end, Vardy, Youri, Evans and Kasper all will be gone soon.

If we end up replacing them with rubbish, we will find ourselves in serious problems.

Hope this Glover guy has a eye for a player.

The club has a future, could be not in the Prem though.

This club is at a very important moment, we really need to recruit smartly in the coming windows.

And we will replace those players when the time is right. 

You can’t 100% guarantee that you’ll get it right every time. With regards to the spine 

Fofana and Daka are both going to have big futures. Soumare is still on the fence, if he gets a chance this season and takes it then we could well be the replacement for N’didi, but so far he looks like he isn’t up to that task.

Its probably one of the reasons we’ve had a little shake up in the back room, and we’ve invested millions into a state of the art training facility to breed better youth players. Any player with an ounce of talent will thrive at this club.

In terms of finances in five or so years we may be able to compete with the bigger teams, the introduction of an indoor arena and the other aspects of the stadium development will bring a whole new injection of finances. I think King Power are looking to create a mini economy for the club, which would be a master stroke. Sustainable income. 

We will be fine, we’ve got a great squad, and I trust the club to get things right, but it isn’t solely down to the club? Some of that responsibility the players need to take too, we need more consistency from some of the lads if they want new contracts etc. 

Its all heading in the right detection at the right pace. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Only explanation for this being true is that we have serious financial constraints. 

Not the only explanation. Another might be that the entire management of the club have totally lost the plot 

• Like 1

Tbh, I prefer the wild and whacky opinions (even if somewhat panicked) to the accusations of 'meltdown' etc. The latter seeming to me almost like some kind of virtue signalling.

Long live the panicked reactions of football fans on a football forum. I may not agree with them but I certainly see where they come from. :)

• Like 2

If this is true the recruitment department have lost the plot. Why would you go back to Southampton to sign another defender after how Bertrand and Vestergaard have worked out ?

We don’t even need him, if we’re signing a player for back up it needs to be a younger up and coming player on lower wages who can replace Evans in the next few years.

There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that this has got anything to do with the recruitment team at LCFC just like most of the other links to players good or bad.

1 hour ago, This_charming_man said:

Alright lads, Saints fan here in peace. I see you've been linked with Bednarek, it seems Brendon wants buy the back 4 of your 9-0 win at our place, Bertrand, Vestergaard, now Bednarek, if we can give you £3m to take Valery as well then that'll be the whole band back together. 

So Bednarek, on a positve note you wont have to pay his fuel expenses as there will be lots of Saints fans willing to drive him to Leciester themselves. :D

Seriously though i saw someone post that BR wants a fast, front footed aggresive defender. Bednarek is none of those things. He's had some decent games for us but that's mainly been when we've been backs to the wall trying to hold onto a lead or draw. He was great when we beat City 1-0 at home a couple of seasons ago when we played most of the second half on our own halg, getting headers and blocks in. He's great at getting at that when under pressure but he really gets found out when we're on the front foot, he's a reactive defender, great if there is an obvious issue but when he needs to read the game or lead from the back he really struggles. Cant fault him as a bloke, great proffessional and keeps himself in good shape, the sort of player you want to better than he is.

Very surprised to see you're in for him as he wont improve your first XI, okay as a back up player but no way is he going to challenge your current CBs for a starting place. Anyway, hope you sign him ;)

This is what actually scares me though... That is exactly what Brendan wanted Vesty to be. He wants that option off the bench to see out 1-0 win... and in truth our record of collapsing when we needed that does validate it. 

If Soyuncu is staying and we can get rid of Jannik then this becomes believable,

I think the left footed cb only arrives if Soy leaves. 

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Nothing to do with the £250m investments in the training ground and the stadium?

What? lol

So we have to sign players that will never be close to first team for 10-15 million and pay them 3-4 million a season. Rather than sign young players for a similar amount on less wages who will develop into 1st choide players.

I don't know how you can see how things are now and thing that signing average players with no resale value or little to offer on the pitch is still a good idea lol Astounding.

He's clearly in demand from the best  We'd be lucky to get him in the face of that competition.  ;)

Bednarek is also wanted in Italy with Napoli and reigning Serie A champions Milan joining the race for his signature.

https://www.90min.com/posts/milan-napoli-join-leicester-race-jan-bednarek

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This is what actually scares me though... That is exactly what Brendan wanted Vesty to be. He wants that option off the bench to see out 1-0 win... and in truth our record of collapsing when we needed that does validate it. 

If Soyuncu is staying and we can get rid of Jannik then this becomes believable,

I think the left footed cb only arrives if Soy leaves. 

Was it West Ham? Vestegaard came on with minutes left and we conceded From a corner? lol

1 minute ago, davieG said:

He's clearly in demand from the best  We'd be lucky to get him in the face of that competition.  ;)

Bednarek is also wanted in Italy with Napoli and reigning Serie A champions Milan joining the race for his signature.

https://www.90min.com/posts/milan-napoli-join-leicester-race-jan-bednarek

Do Ac Milan still think we recruit well? Somebody should probably let them know that they might want to copy another club

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What? lol

So we have to sign players that will never be close to first team for 10-15 million and pay them 3-4 million a season. Rather than sign young players for a similar amount on less wages who will develop into 1st choide players.

I don't know how you can see how things are now and thing that signing average players with no resale value or little to offer on the pitch is still a good idea lol Astounding.

In principle yes, but for every Wes Fofana, there are countless Diabate's, Kramaric's, Benkovic's - you do need experience to help young players and I would have been quite content had Bednarek turned up instead of Vestergaard tbh

It also depends if we intend to home grow our youth prospects, rather than buying them off the peg (Like Wes) as buying high potential younger players is getting quite tricksy, I mean look at that winger from Hull (Keane-Potter?), everyone fully excpects the next Jarrod Bowen, but...