Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Chocolate Teapot

Bednarek

The sun is doing some crazy shite to some of you, he's 26, right footed, as slow as YV & still has 3yrs on his contract so will come with a hefty price tag

but
Rodgers has said firstly before signing YV for 15m he didn't want to spend that much on a back up or have him at YV's age but at the time we became hand-tied, what he said then & now is he wanted a left footer, he wanted him young to grow into a partnership with Wes, he wanted speed & aggression from the player.

Even JB has re-read the tweet & thought hang on i've been had, its probably STH naming us to gee Napoli along, just don't understand the name calling off the back of a very dubious link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The sun is doing some crazy shite to some of you, he's 26, right footed, as slow as YV & still has 3yrs on his contract so will come with a hefty price tag

but
Rodgers has said firstly before signing YV for 15m he didn't want to spend that much on a back up or have him at YV's age but at the time we became hand-tied, what he said then & now is he wanted a left footer, he wanted him young to grow into a partnership with Wes, he wanted speed & aggression from the player.

Even JB has re-read the tweet & thought hang on i've been had, its probably STH naming us to gee Napoli along, just don't understand the name calling off the back of a very dubious link

This 

50 minutes ago, Guest said:

And if it said we were close to a deal with Bednarek then you could be forgiven for getting upset, but it doesn't

I've spoken about it hypothetically, though us being interested at all is concerning. It's a sign we've learnt nothing.

33 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

but

The sad thing is that we never were that hand tied, the proof is in the pudding, Vestergaard didn't play. The relative answer in Armarty was under his nose but he'd never really given him a try. Whilst ideally only back up, you'd have Armarty over Vestergaard every day of the week or even someone from the u23s. Vestergaard has been around for years, it was obvious to almost anyone that he can't play in a high line. Wes Morgan with his bad back would have made a better fist of it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The sad thing is that we never were that hand tied, the proof is in the pudding, Vestergaard didn't play. The relative answer in Armarty was under his nose but he'd never really given him a try. Whilst ideally only back up, you'd have Armarty over Vestergaard every day of the week or even someone from the u23s. Vestergaard has been around for years, it was obvious to almost anyone that he can't play in a high line. Wes Morgan with his bad back would have made a better fist of it.

But hands were tied, the plan was to take a young up'n'comer to act as 4/5th back up but the w/end before the season started we lost Wes & for the season (at the time) we were now down to 1 snr CB (Cags) with Evans struggling & Armarty who hadn't been proven in the position because he was behind Wes, Evans & Cags the season before so hadn't really been tested.
He had to opt for a seasoned CB & at that point (a few days before the start of the season) there wouldn't have been that many CBs being touted around for 15m or under

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That’s hindsight judgement, something the club did not have the luxury of

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reading online, apparently Southampton are interested in signing Levi Cowill and have to clear out their deadwood to raise funds.

They're probably thinking they will sell him for a huge profit to Liverpool or Man city in 4 years time...which seems the philosophy of  their new owners Sport Republic 

Jfc, if we buy up some of their deadwood so they can afford to sign our main target, then this club has absolutely lost the plot.

• Like 2

Southampton had it made. It doesn't matter who they sign, if they turn out decent they sell them to Liverpool for a financial gain. If they turn out trash they sell them to us for a financial gain...

• Like 3

I have only just logged on after 3 days and I see this sh*t.  Please tell me this not a feasible rumor? For ffs please.  Is the new Head of recruitment behind this?? If so, he can bugger off.

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

He’s good in the air and not the worst player— let’s face it, we’re not going to bring in anyone ahead of Fofana and Evans this season. 

Bringing someone in ahead of of Evans is exactly what we should be doing! Evans is at the end of his career and injury prone. We saw that last season and he most certainly won't figure for large parts of the season once he gets injured again.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

I was excited this evening when I saw we'd actually been linked to someone. Then I delved further. 

If there is any credibility to this rumour, given the context also of the Bertrand and Vestergaard signings last season , then Brendan, his entire coaching staff, John Rudkin, the entire recruitment team, every statistician, Susan Whelan and even the f'kin tea lady should be sacked with immediate effect!!! 

• Haha 1