Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Castagne

16 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

That would be the percentage play. Not getting a run of games, unlikely to see us play this season with 2 strikers or Kels as a 10 and strikers sell for a premium.

....Nacho's record though very good, still leaves a player out on the pitch, you are not sure of what he is going to bring from game to game!!!

Other scouts would be aware of this, and going for a potential abroad or from the Championship would be a more astute acquisition, than taking a chance with Nacho. The possibility that a club could take the chance can not be ruled out, but clubs will be aware of his inconsistencies.

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Atletico interested apparently, that's an interesting one. 

They don't have any actual right backs at all now after selling Trippier in January and Vrsjalko has left on a free so they are definitely in the market for at least 1

They ended up using Llorente as a right back / right wing back the 2nd half of the season

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Is this not true for some of the players of the other clubs I mentioned ? 

Even if it's not, my comments are about 'worrying'. I'm not 'worried' if other clubs are no better off than us, whatever the reasons. If a flurry of transfers kicks off in the Prem and afterwards we're still in this position then perhaps I'd worry*

* not really. Only if we got rid of a few and failed to land any replacements would I be particularly concerned. 

The fact we can't bring any players in isn't worrying for you? 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Atletico interested apparently, that's an interesting one. 

It sounds to me like Tanner has absolutely no clue what is going on, so has made up this bollocks.

If we were that desperate to sell, there are a number of players who we could sell before Castagne. 

If money was really the issue, I am sure one of Madders or Fofana would already be gone as we would be looking at a kings ransome for either. 

I think we just have too many average squad fillers on inflated wages who we are struggling to shift. Not a case of having no money, but FFP will mean we need to get rid of their wages before we add, especially now we have no Europe to fall back on this season.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If we were that desperate to sell, there are a number of players who we could sell before Castagne. 

I agree

Iheanacho, Tielemans, Soyuncu would all fetch decent enough fees 

He is not a key member of the squad, he is a regular starter and he is a good player. If he is the only one we can get what we feel is a fair value, that can be subsequently reinvested, so be it.

Would be sad to see him go to be honest.

Would be interested to see who we would go for if we did let him go. 

I would certainly take a look at Devyne Rensch from Ajax, 18 and can play RB/LB probably a bit young but this is the sort of transfer model we should follow imo. 

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

Would be interested to see who we would go for if we did let him go. 

I would certainly take a look at Devyne Rensch from Ajax, 18 and can play RB/LB probably a bit young but this is the sort of transfer model we should follow imo. 

we were interested in this guy according to fabrizio Fabrizio Romano claims £2.5m Celtic player is now expected to leave just a year after signing (hitc.com) same versatility as timmy and athleti's already signing a rb already apparently Celtic transfers: Josip Juranovic boost as La Liga interest cools - for now (msn.com)

• Like 1

Imagine if we sell Castange and still have Betrand on the books. Horrific. If space is an issue and according to some sources funds aren’t why don’t we just pay Betrands last year up in full? I mean he’s going to get them wages anyway. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, pmcla26 said:

If Bertrand is 80k a week, it won’t do our finances any favours to pay him off. There’s still plenty of time for us to sell other members of the squad. 

Bertrand has done his knee. Don't be suprised if he 'retires'.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Imagine if we sell Castange and still have Betrand on the books. Horrific. If space is an issue and according to some sources funds aren’t why don’t we just pay Betrands last year up in full? I mean he’s going to get them wages anyway. 

Dont think it's quite as simple as that. 

Guest Col city fan
41 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I absolutely love Timmy. I'd be horrified to see him go. 

Same here

Literally, if we have to sell Castagne to raise some funds for transfers we really are in the shit financially.

I honestly think the club has been run very poorly over the last couple of years re the playing side, transfers, contracts etc

I don’t KNOW this, of course it’s just based on what I see and read. 
We have so many piss poor players on sizeable contracts at the club. I gave up a little when I read Hamza is on 60k per week. Whoever sanctioned that needs sacking. In any other walk of life, they would be sacked for financial mismanagement. But football is its own world.

It’s such bad succession planning to still be having to pay rubbish like Bertrand, Vestergaard, (and Amartey imo too). These are players we just won’t sell. They’ll be here until their contracts run down. To even think about having to sell Castagne is disastrous if true.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, pmcla26 said:

If Bertrand is 80k a week, it won’t do our finances any favours to pay him off. There’s still plenty of time for us to sell other members of the squad. 

At this rate he’s going to get the majority of that 80k a week during the financial year anyway. Its money we have to pay, either do it up front or negotiate a deal and get him off the books. In some cases you can negotiate a settlement thats lower than what you’d end up paying. 

2 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Dont think it's quite as simple as that. 

If it was more than a year left i’d agree with you but its money that has to come off the books this year one way or another. Get him gone and free up the space. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

If it was more than a year left i’d agree with you but its money that has to come off the books this year one way or another. Get him gone and free up the space. 

Why would you pay him up front when you can pay him over a year? 

Just not registering him in the PL free up a space. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Why would you pay him up front when you can pay him over a year? 

Just not registering him in the PL free up a space. 

Either or. Just him leaving gives him a chance to continue his career somewhere else.

Either pay him up front or keep paying him over the year. There isn’t any point in him being here anymore. 

If we were really lucky we could negotiate a settlement that involves us paying less. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Either or. Just him leaving gives him a chance to continue his career somewhere else.

Either pay him up front or keep paying him over the year. There isn’t any point in him being here anymore. 

If we were really lucky we could negotiate a settlement that involves us paying less. 

Not sure he going to get fit to play again anywhere. 

A Cold wintery Autumn will be no enjoyment without Chestnuts,

Some People deserve a Body piercing,with a piece of string Tied in a knot pulled through them, and soaked in vinegar..

Then hung in the air......and conkered...

Leave our conkering-Chestnut alone,  he is that Spikey-cocoon stuff, he uses to protect our defense, & those Spikey attacks down the flanks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1