Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Castagne

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Is that something on the cards? 

Would that also take his 80k weekly wage off the books instantly?

It's probably being thrashed out by the insurance companies.

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bertrand has done his knee. Don't be suprised if he 'retires'.

I think we can claim on insurance for player injuries can't we? and it usually covers some (or all, I am not sure) of their wages?

*just seen you just posted about insurance being involved haha

Edited by moore_94

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, Dames said:

At this rate he’s going to get the majority of that 80k a week during the financial year anyway. Its money we have to pay, either do it up front or negotiate a deal and get him off the books. In some cases you can negotiate a settlement thats lower than what you’d end up paying. 

Who, on earth, sanctioned a player like Bertrand being on 80k per week (if true)?

This is financial ridiculousness at a big scale 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we can claim on insurance for player injuries can't we? and it usually covers some (or all, I am not sure) of their wages?

*just seen you just posted about insurance being involved haha

No expert but if its lost earning he'd either have a policy on it or the club would. 

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Who, on earth, sanctioned a player like Bertrand being on 80k per week (if true)?

I guess BR thought he was worth a 8m punt and good value as a free, having previously worked with him twice.

shades of Lewis and Taylor, albeit it wasnt quite that extreme.

Edited by HankMarvin

55 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

A Cold wintery Autumn will be no enjoyment without Chestnuts,

Some People deserve a Body piercing,with a piece of string Tied in a knot pulled through them, and soaked in vinegar..

Then hung in the air......and conkered...

Leave our conkering-Chestnut alone,  he is that Spikey-cocoon stuff, he uses to protect our defense, & those Spikey attacks down the flanks...

Are you quite alright old chap? 

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan

I am dismayed at the wages being paid some of our very very very average footballers for two main reasons. Some might agree, some might not.

To be handing out 80 thousand pounds every week and 60 thousand pounds every week to Bertrand and Choudry respectively is appalling business. Let that sink in a moment. In the case of the former, the club is giving out 320 thousand pounds every month to a player who Southampton didn’t want anymore and who is a known sick-note. He possibly won’t ever play for the club again.

This is at a time when large swathes of the country are having to tighten their purse strings, mainly to pay for covid. Top flight footballers  are immune to this. Not to the infection, but to the knock on effects of it.

Secondly, I used to be proud of the reputation that the club had for not giving out silly contracts. We signed some duffers under Pearson’s realm but at least we weren’t paying them ridiculous salaries and in the most part we could ship them out.

The past few years at Leicester, pretty much since we won the league, have seen a very different story. The Slimani deal being a prime example. Wasn’t he ‘earning’ (I hate to use that word in this context) c100k per week? There was Musa, and there were others. 
Now we have Bertrand pulling out 320k per month from the club.

Im not proud of how we do business anymore tbh. I think Rodgers has signed some real stinkers who we can’t move on and this is having a knock on effect on the whole club. 
If this leads to having to even think about selling Timmy Castagne (a good, solid, pro who improves our team) I’ll just about give up.

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

A Cold wintery Autumn will be no enjoyment without Chestnuts,

Some People deserve a Body piercing,with a piece of string Tied in a knot pulled through them, and soaked in vinegar..

Then hung in the air......and conkered...

Leave our conkering-Chestnut alone,  he is that Spikey-cocoon stuff, he uses to protect our defense, & those Spikey attacks down the flanks...

wow

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Players on a free are on more money than player who are transfered as the agent manages to secure more money for himself and the player instead of the selling club. 

Aaron ramsay was on 400k a week at juve for instance. 

That being said 2k a month would be generous for his contribution. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Are you quite alright old chap? 

Depends if our well loved Chestnut winds up splitting...

or cooked over an Open Transfer fire...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I see you're running with "it's true"

If it helps stroke your anger, 80K a week is just shy of 347K a month

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

I see you're running with "it's true"

If it helps stroke your anger, 80K a week is just shy of 347K a month

And worth every penny! 😉

Aren’t you at least a little perturbed by this (if true)? 
A once well run club handing out money to rubbish players like it’s Monopoly?

Or are you too cool to give a shite?

Innit bro

👍

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

And worth every penny! 😉

Aren’t you at least a little perturbed by this (if true)? 
A once well run club handing out money to rubbish players like it’s Monopoly?

Or are you too cool to give a shite?

Innit bro

👍

that’s why there’s no such thing as a free transfer. 

you always see fans perplexed by us not picking up certain players for free but it’s simply because they command so much more. 

Honest question. Does anyone on here know the general structure of Contracts by the Club. I know there's always variations depending on certain players.

What I like to know are we paying players 60 and 80 k per week. or is it say 30k basic and the rest made up of bonuses.

I can't believe we give out Contracts with fixed amounts set in stone.

Pretty sure the club has looked at last summers expensive business and the very limited impact on the first team and have realised that it cannot go on.

Things will improve in a year when more contracts expire. The last thing I want to see is selling great players such as Castagne or Maddison to raise money which will pay for those players on decent wages that only play a few games per season

• Like 4

On 15/07/2022 at 10:53, Flannel_Fox said:

Leeds lost their two best players though. They've weakend significantly 

Those players have been replaced with strong players.  We have also upgraded at RB, CM, wide areas and will be signing a 10/striker.

Even if those replacement players are not as good as what we lost, the significant upgrades in other areas of the pitch could see a net strengthening overall.

Absolutely no way you can confidently say we're weakened.

38 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Those players have been replaced with strong players.  We have also upgraded at RB, CM, wide areas and will be signing a 10/striker.

Even if those replacement players are not as good as what we lost, the significant upgrades in other areas of the pitch could see a net strengthening overall.

Absolutely no way you can confidently say we're weakened.

Time will tell. Best of luck for the season