Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Sick to the Back Teeth

12 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Is it just me or is there anyone else who has sat back since the season ended and just watched a complete load of nonsense printed about transfers????

It's just a waste of everyones time to read these fruitless articles about were signing this player and that player what a load of tosh.

I trust our owners a million percent and if there's no money, there's no money simple we crack on with what we have!  would have liked a centre half (not Bednarek) and a proper winger but hey ho it's not the end of the world we will just languish in the bottom half of the table all season and we are not that bad to be relegated so I think we're in for a struggle of a season but Leicester till I die always.

Agree with most of that.

We're not fans of one of the pampered elite, and I'd like to think we're not in the entitled bunch either. We've had many years of struggle, and always manage to come back fighting. Maybe it will be a treading water season, but let's hope we can help send the Florists back where they belong! Be nice to scalp one or two of the big clubs too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikey54 said:

It wasn’t so long ago that any transfer ‘rumour’ posted on this forum had to be from a reliable source. Why were the rules changed?

Probably desperation just to be linked to any player, from any club, anywhere ….. no matter how tenuous the link is. 

Otherwise it’s going to be long closed season. 

• Like 1

We're going into the season with the same squad that finished 8th. Less games, an opportunity to actually go into a match with our strongest XI available, why do you see a season of struggle? I know we have our flaws which can hopefully be ironed out in training and we're missing a winger, but it hardly has "struggle to reach 40pts" written all over it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I think we're all sick to the back teeth with the complete lack of activity after being promised a summer refresh, to be honest.

honestly i think alot of people misunderstood what he meant, recently in an interview he was referring the refresh as a reset mentality, aka Evian. get back to what the club is about

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

He said

the club and its ambitions had outgrown some players - some were happy to win the FA Cup

He said 

new faces were needed 

he talked about five or six players - which implies the departure of eight or nine 

I simply am not having this misunderstanding nonsense. Whether we need a refresh or not., whether we get one or not, the manager clearly identified a need for new blood and he must deal with the fanbase disappointment if it doesn’t happen…

utter nonsense, never heard him say that. prove it

1 hour ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Is it just me or is there anyone else who has sat back since the season ended and just watched a complete load of nonsense printed about transfers????

It's just a waste of everyones time to read these fruitless articles about were signing this player and that player what a load of tosh.

Stop posting fruitless articles @moore_94 or thesilverbluefox will come for ya 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Simoken said:

utter nonsense, never heard him say that. prove it

Someone recently posted a verbatim transcript  of his comments pre Forest and post Forest it is all there. He said the club was entirely focussed on the summer transfer window even in February…no mention of the healing properties of mountain air or of bonding togetherness - in fact quite the opposite - the clear and obvious implication that some players had achieved as much as they wanted to already and the club would need to get rid to move on….

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Someone recently posted a verbatim transcript  of his comments pre Forest and post Forest it is all there. He said the club was entirely focussed on the summer transfer window even in February…no mention of the healing properties of mountain air or of bonding togetherness - in fact quite the opposite - the clear and obvious implication that some players had achieved as much as they wanted to already and the club would need to get rid to move on….

link?

Guest Col city fan

I trust our owners a million percent and if there's no money, there's no money simple we crack on with what we have!  would have liked a centre half (not Bednarek) and a proper winger but hey ho it's not the end of the world we will just languish in the bottom half of the table all season and we are not that bad to be relegated so I think we're in for a struggle of a season but Leicester till I die always.

Didn’t Brendan bring this on himself, by alluding to needing some more players.

He could have said the club had no money so don’t expect any transfer activity?

🤷‍♂️

I feel like I’ve just wasted an extra few minutes reading your post moaning about it. Thanks mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

OK we haven't bought anyone, but equally we haven't lost anyone.

If anything, it's likely to be one in one out.

We'll see but I don't think it's panic time, we still have a good squad.

We have lost Lookman, who I thought made a decent contribution 

Thanks to all who replied and your replies have substance and make interesting reading.

I suppose all I'm trying to say is that we as fans have had the bar raised back 6 years ago and now we expect and want more, I do anyway. When you have a manager that openly states we need new blood and to freshen things up and to date 3 weeks before kick off before a new season we are the only Prem club not to make a signing. I now expect us to at least challenge for top 6 and why not? We won't do it with the team we have I hope I'm proven wrong maybe it's about money? I expected something by now not all the BS I've been reading. Cheers