Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Sick to the Back Teeth

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But we are Leicester…we don’t „do“ what other fans do….

wiley foxes, not trailing sheep…

Never follow that boring known trail

but go forth & forge new ones so others can follow..,

The foxes spirit & ethos you haven’t yet grasped..

You sheep in foxes clothing..:giggle:

Me no understandee.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Even if that run-in was earlier in the year it is reasonable to think we still probably could have beaten them, it isn’t like Watford, Norwich, and Southampton were better teams earlier in the season, it was an easy run in because they have all been crap all season.

We finished 8th because that is where we deserved to finish.

For some “hopeless tippy tappy possession football” we did quite well then to end up scoring the 5th most goals in the league.

Yes and conceded how many? I think you will find that ratio a little harder to explain away.

On 16/07/2022 at 14:18, Nickaj said:

Without being able to remember the exact words he used, we were all clearly left with that impression.

Didn't Top also say - or at least, heavily imply - that it was going to be a busy summer transfers-wise?

Well, perhaps it st will be.....

It has been a busy transfer window - just not for us yet. 

When Brendan spoke out about needing new faces I felt at the time that it was a bit of a reaction both to the results and the pressure he felt under.  Some new faces always help to freshen things up and the aim is to get stronger season by season by whatever route possible.

I’m not totally surprised by the current stagnation as we do need to move some players on and free some places up. Finances cannot be that healthy either for our owners given the effect of covid and aviation issues on airport traffiic. Maybe Top and the board did not totally share Brendan’s views on such a drastic rebuild. Either way we have to get the transfers right and if that means not making any mistakes or rash purchases whilst retaining our best players then that is not the worst outcome. We do need to move some out though for the sake of all parties, it just seems that there is just not much interest at the moment from other clubs. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I am surprised by the amount of positivity, this forum was more negative finishing 5th than 8th

I think the way the season finished probably has something to do with it. Finishing 5th was a great achievement both times but was soured by the way we collapsed twice in a row, whereas although 8th was obviously comparatively disappointing we'd been 14th a few weeks prior and we dished out a few spankings as the season closed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I am surprised by the amount of positivity, this forum was more negative finishing 5th than 8th

Bit like almost getting in a really nice nightclub then being beaten up to the point of death at the entrance, compared to walking around pissed up and getting kicked in the cock by a homeless man

Edited by Gamble92
  • Haha 1

On 16/07/2022 at 14:15, Simoken said:

utter nonsense, never heard him say that. prove it

" You want to keep your core players, of course, but you want to add quality, and for us, we’ve got certain player profiles that we need in the team to help us improve."

“I am looking forward to resetting in terms of bringing talent, bringing in hunger, bringing goals and bringing different profiles into the squad, because you need to have that as you progress"

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

" You want to keep your core players, of course, but you want to add quality, and for us, we’ve got certain player profiles that we need in the team to help us improve."

“I am looking forward to resetting in terms of bringing talent, bringing in hunger, bringing goals and bringing different profiles into the squad, because you need to have that as you progress"

If only Brendan had said that.

• Haha 1

Flippin heck are we not even bringing lookman back? He was a game changer for us last season!

Well I really do hope our team as it stands has a stellar season. Hope we don’t have any serious injuries but not holding out on that. N’didi is Already crocked from training which isn’t ideal.

this is gonna be a very interesting and

not sure how it’s gonna pan out but I’m nervous. Seeing how much our rivals have strengthened I don’t think it will be that easy to beat them. Let’s wait & see

rogers in private must be vexxed about the situation we find ourselves in. Publicly he has to be the mr nice happy go lucky guy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Flippin heck are we not even bringing lookman back? He was a game changer for us last season!

Well I really do hope our team as it stands has a stellar season. Hope we don’t have any serious injuries but not holding out on that. N’didi is Already crocked from training which isn’t ideal.

this is gonna be a very interesting and

not sure how it’s gonna pan out but I’m nervous. Seeing how much our rivals have strengthened I don’t think it will be that easy to beat them. Let’s wait & see

rogers in private must be vexxed about the situation we find ourselves in. Publicly he has to be the mr nice happy go lucky guy

Game changer? Really? I liked Lookman and i thought he was a good additional to the squad and made some very important contributions. But he wasn't good enough to classed as a game changer. For periods of the season he wasn't starter, and these forums were riddle with posts that he wasn't good enough at times.

I think 

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Game changer? Really? I liked Lookman and i thought he was a good additional to the squad and made some very important contributions. But he wasn't good enough to classed as a game changer. For periods of the season he wasn't starter, and these forums were riddle with posts that he wasn't good enough at times.

I think he is definitely good enough for our squad and he did indeed offer something we were lacking in attack and did change certain games around. I think the truth is we can't even afford the fee for him at present, which just shows the depth of financial trouble we appear to be in.

13 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I think 

I think he is definitely good enough for our squad and he did indeed offer something we were lacking in attack and did change certain games around. I think the truth is we can't even afford the fee for him at present, which just shows the depth of financial trouble we appear to be in.

I'm pretty sure affording the fee isn't the issue. I wrote earlier in the season that i felt Lookman wasn't fully seeing eye to eye with BR. I got a good view of BR at a few home games and Brendan was consistently asking him to do certain things, and each time Lookman completely blanked him, which led to lots of BR arm waiving (you know, the sort he also reserves Soumare). My comment coincided with Lookman being a non starter for quite a few games.

My personal take on it (which i have completely made up) is that they probably don't think the fee represents the best value, based on everything they have seen. If the opportunity to get a RW came up (which it still might) that might be the best use of overall funds.  

There is also the chance that if they hold firm they may get the fee down to something more acceptable towards the end of the window.

12 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes and conceded how many? I think you will find that ratio a little harder to explain away.

Our two best centre-halves are Fofana and Evans, who played in 7 and 18 league games respectively. Ricardo, our best full back, only played in 14 games. Soyuncu played in 28 games but had fallen well below the standards he'd previously set. So we spent most of the season trying to defend with a severely weakened back four. We don't have the strength in depth to cover that.

So not so hard to 'explain away'...

• Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 11:06, thesilverbluefox said:

Is it just me or is there anyone else who has sat back since the season ended and just watched a complete load of nonsense printed about transfers????

It's just a waste of everyones time to read these fruitless articles about were signing this player and that player what a load of tosh.

I trust our owners a million percent and if there's no money, there's no money simple we crack on with what we have!  would have liked a centre half (not Bednarek) and a proper winger but hey ho it's not the end of the world we will just languish in the bottom half of the table all season and we are not that bad to be relegated so I think we're in for a struggle of a season but Leicester till I die always.

Agree with the first point in terms of just cracking on. I think with a fully fit squad (If my grandmother had wheels, she would have been a bike), it's not a case of 'cracking on with what we have', it's a case of potentially having a really strong season. It's an excellent 1st team, with 3/4 really good subs. 

Not sure about point 2 re relegation. Let's see. If we play as badly as we did at stages last year, I hope we can outperform the metrics and steer clear of that mess. 

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our two best centre-halves are Fofana and Evans, who played in 7 and 18 league games respectively. Ricardo, our best full back, only played in 14 games. Soyuncu played in 28 games but had fallen well below the standards he'd previously set. So we spent most of the season trying to defend with a severely weakened back four. We don't have the strength in depth to cover that.

So not so hard to 'explain away'...

Really, so " explain " Rodgers insistence to piss about at the back with side-to-side snail-pace passing and zonal marking? If anything if he felt we were weak at the back that's the last thing we should have been doing.

14 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Really, so " explain " Rodgers insistence to piss about at the back with side-to-side snail-pace passing and zonal marking? If anything if he felt we were weak at the back that's the last thing we should have been doing.

I agree that he stuck with zonal marking at set pieces for far too long. I think the slow side-to-side passing was probably a result of us having too many weaker players in the team and therefore less confidence in our overall play (let's not forget that Ndidi only played in half the league games last year). I don't think for one moment that Rodgers wants us to play that way. I recall us being much quicker and more positive in the two seasons before last, and also towards the end of last season when - lo and behold! - we had most of the squad fit again.

It's been super-frustrating, checking the BBC Sports and Leicester Mercury sites every morning for news of signings & departures since transfer window opened.

We've had a whole lot of nothing

Granted, we can put out a good team now wveyone is fit & healthy, we can bring Dennis Praet back into the fold, which is like signing a new $20 million player, but why haven't we snapped Lookman up for a bargain $10 million?

Brendan & the Board - give us something please!!! Even Notts Forrest are making our hiring policy look bad:(

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I agree that he stuck with zonal marking at set pieces for far too long. I think the slow side-to-side passing was probably a result of us having too many weaker players in the team and therefore less confidence in our overall play (let's not forget that Ndidi only played in half the league games last year). I don't think for one moment that Rodgers wants us to play that way. I recall us being much quicker and more positive in the two seasons before last, and also towards the end of last season when - lo and behold! - we had most of the squad fit again.

We had most of the first eleven fit for the semi-finals yet still played those awful tactics and went out with a whimper. We can only hope he returns to the previous style of playing that got us consecutive 5th places.:thumbup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We had most of the first eleven fit for the semi-finals yet still played those awful tactics and went out with a whimper. We can only hope he returns to the previous style of playing that got us consecutive 5th places.:thumbup:

That semi final tipped me into the Rogers out camp. it was the goal yet another set piece and then the last 20 mins pathetic

• Like 1