Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluebazooka

George Hirst

Evening lads, pompey fan here. Got family in Leicester so you've always been my 2nd team. 

What's the talk about George Hirst? I know you have got another year option his contract with you, but any news regards whether or not he'll be part of your squad next season, or if he's available for loan? 

He's a bit of a hero at Pompey, and even at this late stage we're hooefull of him signing, whether on loan or permanent. 

What sort of fee would you expect for him? 

Cheers lads. 

Good luck next season 

11 minutes ago, Bluebazooka said:

Evening lads, pompey fan here. Got family in Leicester so you've always been my 2nd team. 

What's the talk about George Hirst? I know you have got another year option his contract with you, but any news regards whether or not he'll be part of your squad next season, or if he's available for loan? 

He's a bit of a hero at Pompey, and even at this late stage we're hooefull of him signing, whether on loan or permanent. 

What sort of fee would you expect for him? 

Cheers lads. 

Good luck next season 

Might run to 2-3 million ,a lot of money in Div.1.

Out of our price range sadly. 

We've just sold Marcus harness for 600k, money which is going towards a striker, so sounds like George will be out of our league. 

Our best hope was you loaning him out again. 

Anyway, good luck lads, all the best for next season 

...I would envisage depending on his pre season that we would be looking to get him back out on loan again!!!

The thought would be, going to a league as close to the Premier League as we possibly could, in order to gauge his development. We have to take a view if down the line we see he will make the grade to contribute in the top league, and it seems the possibility of a sale or a loan back to yourselves is more likely. Unless he is featuring in our pre-season games, the less we may be looking to keep.

For me he is a underrated player who could play at a high level, good with the ball at his feet and a great team player. He will be even better next season as I think he has found himself. 

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would envisage depending on his pre season that we would be looking to get him back out on loan again!!!

The thought would be, going to a league as close to the Premier League as we possibly could, in order to gauge his development. We have to take a view if down the line we see he will make the grade to contribute in the top league, and it seems the possibility of a sale or a loan back to yourselves is more likely. Unless he is featuring in our pre-season games, the less we may be looking to keep.

For me he is a underrated player who could play at a high level, good with the ball at his feet and a great team player. He will be even better next season as I think he has found himself. 

Not with a year left on his contract.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Hirst and Wright almost certainly want out and being on modest contracts they should be attractive to a Championship team. 2-3 million each should see them sold.

No reason to think Wright wants out

No way would we get £2-3m each for them either

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Unconfirmed but his release is being negotiated is what I hear 

Don't shoot the messenger! 

It's just what I've been told. 

Either way it looks like he's out the door. 

Wtf thought we turned down bids from Ipswich earlier in the window

Just now, sammy82 said:

Wtf thought we turned down bids from Ipswich earlier in the window

We could well be getting a fee I'm not sure. Could be a release with future consitions contracts are complicated  itsJust what I've been told we are in negotiation with his reps and interested club to sort out a deal for him. 

Seems he has no future so I guess its a wage off the books. 

21 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

We could well be getting a fee I'm not sure. Could be a release with future consitions contracts are complicated  itsJust what I've been told we are in negotiation with his reps and interested club to sort out a deal for him. 

Seems he has no future so I guess its a wage off the books. 

I'm sure his agent has been screaming at him to get out as quick as he can same probably for Callum Wright.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'm sure his agent has been screaming at him to get out as quick as he can same probably for Callum Wright.

Yeah I expect wright to be off before the window.

We simply can't carry these players on the wage books who don't look like getting  in the 25 man squad.

Anything we can get iff tbe wage books between now and then is a bonus. 

Even if it means the club takes a hit on some..

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not getting a fee? Ridiculous, at the very least we should get a big sell on % of his next move.

I think we will get a small modest fee if we are lucky, a sell on clause is important 

You'd think he's on between 5k-10k a week saving somewhere between 250k-500k on the wage bill.

With a year left on his contract, what would we get as a fee for a player who has 6 decent months in L1, and two very poor seasons at Rotherham and OHL.

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Unconfirmed but his release is being negotiated is what I hear 

Don't shoot the messenger! 

It's just what I've been told. 

Either way it looks like he's out the door. 

...hopefully he can push on now, this is his chance to start to make it back to the highest level, good player and I think he will have a very good career!!!

https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/08/15/premier-league-striker-removed-from-website-amid-transfer-speculation/

Premier League Leicester City have removed striker George Hirst from their website amid transfer speculation surrounding Portsmouth and Ipswich.

Various Ipswich and Portsmouth based fans and fan channels are now reporting that the foxes have released striker George Hirst allowing him to finalise a move to his preferred option League One table toppers Ipswich Town.

George Hirst came through the academy at Sheffield Wednesday making only one appearance before departing the club for second division Belgian team, Oud-Heverlee Leuven. The club was managed by former Sheffield Wednesday player Nigel Pearson. George went on to play 22 times scoring 3 goals in the 18/19 season. Leicester swooped in at the end of the season for the previously Manchester United linked forward. He made his debut in a 3-0 loss to Tottenham Hotspur in July 2020. Hirst then went on to join Rotherham on a season long loan deal appearing 31 times without scoring. For the 21/22 season Danny Cowley brought the player to Fratton Park playing him as a central striker, allowing him to discover his best form scoring 13 goals across 40 games.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...hopefully he can push on now, this is his chance to start to make it back to the highest level, good player and I think he will have a very good career!!!

Never played the highest level. Hope he has a cracking career but he's proof that players should always take the opportunity to develop over the 'bigger move' 

• Like 1

i actually understand why we would have released hirst. Supposedly he was on almost 15k pw. The clubs at the level that would sign him couldn’t afford anything near that. for us to ask for 1m or something similar would just make any deal impossible as he isn’t going to want to take such a drastic drop in wage. 

What this means is that either the clubs can now put the 1m into the wages or just give him a nice sign up bonus so he’ll accept 6k pw or something. 

Yet again, horrific move by the club to offer him that wage to begin with. 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Never played the highest level. Hope he has a cracking career but he's proof that players should always take the opportunity to develop over the 'bigger move' 

His dad was Vardy's hero.and as I remember a striker of great power and authority who was unfortunate to be playing at the same time as Shearer, Sheringham and Wright. He will never be as good but he could do a job back with Wednesday.

Edited by An Sionnach