Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluebazooka

George Hirst

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/08/15/premier-league-striker-removed-from-website-amid-transfer-speculation/

Premier League Leicester City have removed striker George Hirst from their website amid transfer speculation surrounding Portsmouth and Ipswich.

Various Ipswich and Portsmouth based fans and fan channels are now reporting that the foxes have released striker George Hirst allowing him to finalise a move to his preferred option League One table toppers Ipswich Town.

George Hirst came through the academy at Sheffield Wednesday making only one appearance before departing the club for second division Belgian team, Oud-Heverlee Leuven. The club was managed by former Sheffield Wednesday player Nigel Pearson. George went on to play 22 times scoring 3 goals in the 18/19 season. Leicester swooped in at the end of the season for the previously Manchester United linked forward. He made his debut in a 3-0 loss to Tottenham Hotspur in July 2020. Hirst then went on to join Rotherham on a season long loan deal appearing 31 times without scoring. For the 21/22 season Danny Cowley brought the player to Fratton Park playing him as a central striker, allowing him to discover his best form scoring 13 goals across 40 games.

Was he ever added back on to the site after his loan?

I get the feeling this is just like when it was noticed Mendy’s page said he wasn’t at the club anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i actually understand why we would have released hirst. Supposedly he was on almost 15k pw. The clubs at the level that would sign him couldn’t afford anything near that. for us to ask for 1m or something similar would just make any deal impossible as he isn’t going to want to take such a drastic drop in wage. 

What this means is that either the clubs can now put the 1m into the wages or just give him a nice sign up bonus so he’ll accept 6k pw or something. 

Yet again, horrific move by the club to offer him that wage to begin with. 

No way is Hurst on £15k a week.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Was he ever added back on to the site after his loan?

I get the feeling this is just like when it was noticed Mendy’s page said he wasn’t at the club anymore

He’s listed with the Development squad 

84622F4C-9B58-4872-93CA-35895276DDC6.jpeg

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

No way is Hurst on £15k a week.

There was talk at the time of him really being the next big thing. Wednesday were devastated to have lost him.

I can imagine it taking a wage like that to secure his services. Shame its not worked out. 

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

also mentions blackburn. 

I think blackburn would be a terrible move given he would be very unlikely to play. 

Blackpool would be great. They try to play good football and I think he’d thrive there. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Thought Hirst was going to be the next Big thing for Leicester? 

If by big thing you mean really annoy Sheffield Wednesdays by avoiding paying them academy fees for a player who did well for Portsmouth on loan then yes it was glorious.

We seem keen to keep him on the books, I have to say. Same with a couple of academy graduates who don’t look like they’ll make our first team for quite a while if at all. Maybe we’ve worked out we’ll make more money by cutting them loose later.

19 hours ago, TK95 said:

Add him to the pile of Benkovic and Kapustka

16 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

not comparable, but I get what you mean. 

those two were disgusting signings.

Benkovic wasn't too bad, he did a good job at Celtic until he was fcuked under the stewardship of one B Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've been wrong before, definitely about Dewsbury-hall, but can't see this guy ever making it at this level. 

We keep offering contracts to players we have no intention of using in case they have a good loan season somewhere and can generate a sale. 

It's a risk but it works for Chelsea. 

Farm out enough and you will get some return. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

It's a risk but it works for Chelsea. 

Farm out enough and you will get some return. 

Maybe but Chelsea are selling their youth products to a higher level than we are likely to be. 

Same with Brunt, I feel once you pass a certain age you shouldn't be signing contracts at bigger clubs unless you are part of the first team plans. But they are earning more than they would elsewhere so can understand from a financial point of view. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe but Chelsea are selling their youth products to a higher level than we are likely to be. 

Same with Brunt, I feel once you pass a certain age you shouldn't be signing contracts at bigger clubs unless you are part of the first team plans. But they are earning more than they would elsewhere so can understand from a financial point of view. 

KDH was 23 before making his debut in PL and had two season on loan, development is not linear and is not the same for every one.

Brunt is 21, similar age to win Barnes when he went on loan too West Brom for half a season.

So by your reckoning we shouldn't have offer those two contract?

What are they worth now between them 80m?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

KDH was 23 before making his debut in PL and had two season on loan, development is not linear and is not the same for every one.

Brunt is 21, similar age to win Barnes when he went on loan too West Brom for half a season.

So by your reckoning we shouldn't have offer those two contract?

What are they worth now between them 80m?

But you’re only looking at the successes. What about the wages we’ve paid to players who’ve got nowhere near commanding a transfer fee? That’s the true cost of the policy….

7 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

But you’re only looking at the successes. What about the wages we’ve paid to players who’ve got nowhere near commanding a transfer fee? That’s the true cost of the policy….

So you think the wages of the unsuccessful ones add up to more than 80m those two are worth?

Not forgetting the like of Sowah who we got 8m after sending him on loan to OHL for 2 seasons.

Add to that Chilwell, who we sold for 45m

Part if being a successful academy is loaning players out, to develop for the first team or to sell.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1