Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

OUT - Amartey

If we're considering cashing in on Fofana (and as much as the club say he's not for sale, it feels like we are) and we want rid of Vestergaard (which nobody is denying) then I doubt we're also willing to sell Amartey in this window. 

Especially when you consider Rodgers doesn't like Soyuncu and is obsessed with having a back five. We'd end up needing to sign half the world's centre backs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If we're considering cashing in on Fofana (and as much as the club say he's not for sale, it feels like we are) and we want rid of Vestergaard (which nobody is denying) then I doubt we're also willing to sell Amartey in this window. 

Especially when you consider Rodgers doesn't like Soyuncu and is obsessed with having a back five. We'd end up needing to sign half the world's centre backs. 

He’s not obsessed with a back 5, just look at last season. He’s simply using wingbacks to provide the width in attack given that Barnes is injured. You could clearly see he was using narrow fullbacks in pre-season in order to allow KDH and Youri to get further forwards in attack. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Another story about him being wanted by Beskitas… original source is in Turkish press

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-man-list-club-high-chance-will-make-move/

Good window for Besiktas - an experienced and respected Premier League, FA Cup and Community Shield winner,

Plus Dele Alli. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree, if beggars could be choosers then i'd prefer to keep Amartey out of the three.

The fact that Rodgers won't play Soyuncu on the left of a 3 shows their relationship is done so he needs to go and Amartey is simply a much better player than Vestergaard. Plus he can cover 3/4 positions which Vestergaard can't.

Ideally thoguh, all three go and we replace those three and Fofana with 3 high quality players.

• Like 2

Fof looks like he’s off. Vesty is dogturd, Soy must have waived his wand in the wrong direction, Evans looks like he’s forgotten how to play - only Dan is the man. 

Cannot understand the anger aimed at the guy. He has been a brilliant professional. No moaning. No sniping in social media. Just gets on with whatever is asked of him. Makes the odd mistake, we all do, I made one once. 

• Thanks 1