Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Can anyone remember the last time we signed someone?

Are the club gambling on going into the new season without European competition and hopefully no broken legs, so no signings needed?

LCFC do like to do business quietly, but it's almost a year since we signed anyone, and that was a pair of Southampton rejects :(

8 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

I swear he scored for us in the championship under Adams in like his only appearance that season

He played quite a few games in the first part of that first season at the Walkers Stadium. He scored against Gillingham, a header from pretty much under the crossbar.

4 hours ago, stourbridgefox said:

The issue for me is Rogers stated there would be a shakeup in the Summer.

So what happened? 

I think everyone at the club underestimated how hard it would be to offload our players.

I think when those comments were made he was aware Tielemans, Soyuncu and Mendy as well as some of the dead wood would be leaving. So when he made those comments I think it was reasonable to assume their would be some fresh faces coming in. 
The bids for those players haven’t come in and players haven’t left, which has made it impossible for new arrivals to come in.

• Like 1

Can anyone remember the last time we won the league with a bunch of players no-one had heard of with a manager who was on his last legs and a barethread squad size. If we can keep the players we have fit for the whole season, anything can happen.