Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

Matt O'Riley

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Would you say more similar to KDH, Maddison or Tielemans in playing style?

I'm not 100%. That's a tough one because Celtic seem to play him advanced like Maddison but he seems to prefer the Youri type role a little deeper. Mobility wise he seems more like KDH but I also can't recall him playing a full 90 minutes but I don't know if that's a fitness issue or if it's just because he competes with Rogic for a spot. 

I'm sure when he came up here he said he prefers the #8 role but can do the #6 if needed but I can't say I've ever daw him play there. 

• Like 1

I firmly believe we’ll shift a couple of players eventually, as others miss out on their targets they’ll get desperate and take a chance.

The issue is that by the time that happens, our targets will probably have already gone somewhere else as they don’t want to risk staying at their current club. 

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I firmly believe we’ll shift a couple of players eventually, as others miss out on their targets they’ll get desperate and take a chance.

The issue is that by the time that happens, our targets will probably have already gone somewhere else as they don’t want to risk staying at their current club. 

IMO most likely scenario is that in the last couple weeks of the window, the lads that give up and know they aren't getting registered find loan moves. 

We'll probably loan out Praet again, Vestergaard has been told by the Danish manager he has to be playing hasn't he? So I can see him getting a loan if Soyuncu stays. Hamza has been very quiet, I think one of him or Mendy will probably get loaned out if we can't sell them. 

Should give us enough room in the budget to loan in another Lookman-esque option and then that'll probably be it. 

That all changes a bit if Soyuncu and/or Tielemans goes. 

Players most likely to ACTUALLY be sold are probably Soumaré and Praet I'd guess. It seems like there might be genuine offers on the table for those that we're stalling on. I'm sure we'd take losses on both just to get them gone permanently if it's the only way we could sign one of our actual desired targets (ie one of those three Percy has named.)

7 - 8 million for Praet and getting his 80k p/w off the wage bill really doesn't sound all that awful to be quite honest. If we're honestly holding our for double that it seems naive. Nobody in Italy is going to stump up double figures for him AND match his wage demands surely. 

Edited by Finnegan

Maddison going would be a sickener. Castagne and Iheanacho are good players and I've a lot of time for them but if we received good offers for either I don't think it'd be a tough decision. Maddison though? Very difficult.

Hopefully the conspiracy theorists who reckoned the board were deliberately withholding transfer funds to pressure Rodgers into leaving a) learn to read and then b) read that article.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Players most likely to ACTUALLY be sold are probably Soumaré and Praet I'd guess. It seems like there might be genuine offers on the table for those that we're stalling on. I'm sure we'd take losses on both just to get them gone permanently if it's the only way we could sign one of our actual desired targets (ie one of those three Percy has named.)

7 - 8 million for Praet and getting his 80k p/w off the wage bill really doesn't sound all that awful to be quite honest. If we're honestly holding our for double that it seems naive. Nobody in Italy is going to stump up double figures for him AND match his wage demands surely. 

Yeah if the big problem is we need the dead weight and their wages off the books ASAP it does strike me as a little odd if we're haggling for a couple of million here and there. I know we probably want to maintain our reputation as not being pushovers but if our prospects of doing any business at all are at risk then we've surely just got to take what we can get, within reason.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The unpalatable truth, in simple terms, is that Leicester have to sell players before they can buy. It is a logjam that is proving a huge frustration.

Leicester’s wages-to-turnover ratio is very high and simply unsustainable at the current levels. There are too many highly-paid players spending their weekends doing nothing on matchdays.

Financial losses for next year, on current projections, could be over £90 million, yet the commitment of owners King Power remains unwavering and it is the size of the squad and Financial Fair Play that are the bigger concerns.

Without funds coming in, or the wage bill being eased, Rodgers cannot move for the players he wants to revitalise his squad.

This is the most important part of the article IMO.

The section about challenging the top six is absolutely spot on as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Even though Maddison could be sold? that to me is very worrying

Maddison going absolutely nowhere- in the context of the article he only uses his name because he is one of our only truly high value saleable assets- that means people want him- of course they do if he plays like second half of last season - just an obvious one- in absolutely no way would they contemplate it this season- maybe next if he has another worldie and truly is an 80 mill quid player- percy just stating the obvious that he is a wanted man- going absolutely nowhere this year- fact

I do wonder if incoming wise stuff is all in place, fees agreed, contracts agreed and we are just waiting on the wages free’d up from outgoings to complete them. 

let’s hope the next 10 days gives us some outs so we can make a move. One good signing could provide huge boost to the squad and fan base. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh really?  Linked to a Celtic crock, nice. I’d give this one a red card. 

Is he a crock?

Since he joined in January, he played in all but one of Celtic's games. Albeit normally subbed off which isn't surprised given their style. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He's a 21 year old Fulham academy product that's played for England and Denmark at youth level and has been at Celtic less than a year. 

Can we not start with the eye rolling at the SPL. 

Madders did a stint at Aberdeen during his development (and scored less) and it didn't harm him did it. 

I don’t like the guy OK?  My opinion - forum, you know, opinions. 

We get regularly linked to Celtic players - fact. 

Don’t think he’s good enough. Do think he’s suspect. I may be wrong. Ok?

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

What on earth is any of it based on lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

What on earth is any of it based on lol lol

A vast an unrelenting knowledge of every player on earth - or my sons FM experience. Either way, I was right about that Algerian Winger bloke and I’m right about this kid. Just accept it 🤣

My Celtic mate reckons he’ll be off to a champions league club within the next year, he absolutely loves him. He did think we’d struggle to buy him this summer tho with them having only just signed him in jan and he’s got a 4 year contract behind him. 

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

A vast an unrelenting knowledge of every player on earth - or my sons FM experience. Either way, I was right about that Algerian Winger bloke and I’m right about this kid. Just accept it 🤣

Fvck me just someone start the season already 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Did you roll your eyes though?