Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Kasper... Is it time to go?

Kasper... Is it time to go?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Go or stay?

• Go
    • Stay

Apologies mods there's already multiple threads but I'm genuinely intrested in what the mood of the fan base is around this question. 

For me, providing we can get a replacement in its a good time to go. 

Absolutely no disrespect to him as he has contributed more than anyone except possibly vardy to the clubs most successful period and has driven the club forwards through the years with his hunger, passion, work rate, high standards and massive talent. 

But in the last season or two his weakness to come for corners without a dominant CB or two like he's had for most of his time here has been picked up on by the opposition and ruthlessly exploited.

We conceded 15 goals from corners last season only 1 of the Premier league record. And those 15 goals changed the momentum of many games and lost us many points. And a large part of it is due to kasper being rooted to his line expecting his defence to deal with it. 

And personally I can't see how the problem is addressed this season. 

So in a nutshell time to go an utter legend with unlimited gratitude and good will from everyone at the club. 

11 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Love the bloke. His shot stopping is probably the best in the league, and distribution nowhere near as bad as people would have you believe. The once every couple of games kick that goes off the planet sticks in people's minds, but he's actually very good with his feet. Not the best in the league, but certainly not poor either. 

However, with his form for the last couple of years on corners, this is maybe what we need to do to find a fix, and I'd have been happy for this to be part of the rebuild. 

That said, the timing feels odd and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Would have been much more comfortable if we knew at the back end of last season, gave him the send off he deserves and brought Pope or Henderson in to kick-start our window.

Anything now will just feel unceremonious and ill-planned, to the point I'd rather we just kept him now.

I agree with this but we will only know how well planned or otherwise the situation is when the window has played out. We might move quickly for his replacement. Also forget pope Newcastle would have blown us out of the water on wages.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with this but we will only know how well planned or otherwise the situation is when the window has played out. We might move quickly for his replacement. Also forget pope Newcastle would have blown us out of the water on wages.

Yeah you're right. I'm being irrational because I'm shocked at the news 😭

If we can get David Raya in, I'll feel a lot better about the whole situation.

• Like 1

It’s time for him to go really. He’s on serious money and we could use that money on really benefitting the team. There’s a reason we’ve stockpiled young keepers over the past few years and it’s to be ready for when Kasper’s gone. I feel like it’s a needed breath of fresh air to the team. 

• Like 1

Stay

I genuinely believe as fans we will realise just how much we miss him once he has gone. When comparing him to other goalkeepers their is a reason why he has remained as a number 1 for the last 10 years.

Yes he goes through bad spells where he makes mistakes but so do 95% of professional footballers. Vardy has dry spells where he doesn't even look like scoring but due to the nature of Kaspers position if he makes mistakes it more often than not leads to us conceding a goal. 

Regardless of whether he stays or goes he has been an incredible servant to the club and an inspirational leader. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Stay

I genuinely believe as fans we will realise just how much we miss him once he has gone. When comparing him to other goalkeepers their is a reason why he has remained as a number 1 for the last 10 years.

Yes he goes through bad spells where he makes mistakes but so do 95% of professional footballers. Vardy has dry spells where he doesn't even look like scoring but due to the nature of Kaspers position if he makes mistakes it more often than not leads to us conceding a goal. 

Regardless of whether he stays or goes he has been an incredible servant to the club and an inspirational leader. 

I agree with this he has been unbelievable here and we will miss him. There's also things like leadership and presence that he brings in spades that stats don't monitor. 

However this is more than a bad run of form is a fundamental flaw in his game which is regularly costing us games as other sides are exploiting it ruthlessly and just dropping the ball onto the edge of the 6 yard box from corners leaving players like Dawson or Gabriel the easiest of nod ins. 

I feel like he's a massive influence in the dressing room, and possibly not always positively.

We are cutting ties with 2015/6 and it's been a drawn-out process. His closeness to Top suited that era but might not be entirely beneficial. There were points in the past where 'player power' was rumoured to be an issue. He's a very strong character and so's his dad, who's clearly been in his ear in the past too.

I love the man and he's another statue candidate for what he's achieved with the club and his great service, but perhaps this team needs to forge a new generation of leaders for this era.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

22 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I feel like he's a massive influence in the dressing room, and possibly not always positively.

We are cutting ties with 2015/6 and it's been a drawn-out process. His closeness to Top suited that era but might not be entirely beneficial. There were points in the past where 'player power' was rumoured to be an issue. He's a very strong character and so's his dad, who's clearly been in his ear in the past too.

I love the man and he's another statue candidate for what he's achieved with the club and his great service, but perhaps this team needs to forge a new generation of leaders for this era.

I have to admit during the time when his dad was coming out and saying all that shit about Puel I was very wary that the bigger players were potentially dictating who's their manager is and how things should be. Especially post Ranieri where it was also rumoured to be an issue. 

And although looking back we were totally right to get rid of both Ranieri and Puel, it did show us that there was the potential for it all to have a negative affect. Luckily Rodgers come in and instantly commanded the respect that Puel could never dream of and it was never an issue. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with this he has been unbelievable here and we will miss him. There's also things like leadership and presence that he brings in spades that stats don't monitor. 

However this is more than a bad run of form is a fundamental flaw in his game which is regularly costing us games as other sides are exploiting it ruthlessly and just dropping the ball onto the edge of the 6 yard box from corners leaving players like Dawson or Gabriel the easiest of nod ins. 

I completely agree that it is a huge flaw in his game. 

He has been fortunate that in the past he could always rely on the likes of Huth, Morgan, Maguire & Wasilewski etc to deal with corners and free kicks into the box. All of those players were exceptional at defending set pieces but when your missing that type of presence in your own box and your suddenly forced to come out and claim crosses it was always going to be a tough ask as it was never a strong point for Schmeichel.

Kasper is a pillar of the club. But he's also (in my opinion) part of the reason why this club stuggles to defend corners. Plus the way these guys play, a keeper with better distribution skills would be ideal. Maybe Brendan has concluded the same?

Stay

We love to have a scapegoat as LCFC fans

Vardy

Drinkwater

Wellens

Kasper was not the root cause of last seasons embarrassments and ‘getting rid’ will not cure them for this season either

People say that we can’t get rid of Rodgers because we wouldn’t get any in who’s better. 

This definitely applies with Kasper

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Hes instrumental in our team.

Legendary status.

Get a GK even close to his standard and we will be lucky.

Yes, his kicking crap sometimes,  but his shot stopping far out weighs his flaws 

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion from me 

time he went   Been a great servant but as a team and a club we need to replace the ageing players with new younger up coming players 

the only plus I can really take from his departure is the huge pay bill that goes with him 

need a keeper that can dominate the 6 yard box and slow play down when needed. 
kasper didn’t do any of this and some of his rash decisions over the years have cost so many points in  The last mins of the games 

I wish him well and thank him for everything positive he has done for the club but it’s time to move on for all parties involved  

7 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Stay, although no doubting he has earned the right to leave on his own terms. He's criminally under appreciated by a big portion of our fanbase and there will be a very noticeable void when he's gone. 

Absolutely totally agree with you ,

Head says time to go.  Yes he's a legend and his shot stopping is great - his distribution is ok (not as good or bad as many would have you believe).  However we have a systemic problem at set pieces for which he is a major contributor and the saving on wages would enable us to reinvest in a younger keeper for the next few years.  He's no spring chicken now even by keeper standards.  I'm just disappointed its happening so late in the day as we would have wanted a tested replacement in - I know Henderson and Pope have been bemoaned at being lost out on but the wages the Clubs they went to are paying may have been a bit rich for us.  Newcastle can blow anyone out the water if they want a player - the same as Chelsea did when Roman A came in.

For those saying he's earned the right to leave on his own terms - no he hasn't and no player does.  He's a club asset and has been rewarded extremely well - the club, whilst in contract, has the right and duty to do what's right for the club.  He's earned his status as a legend and will always be fondly remembered - that's what he has earned and will retain.  Having said that the club should and I am sure will play fair in considering offers for him i.e. not sticking out for an unreasonable transfer fee.