Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Kasper... Is it time to go?

Kasper... Is it time to go?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Go or stay?

• Go
    • Stay

I think it's the right time for him to go, he's been a superb servant to the club and as much as I'd like to see him stay around as an ambassador (not as a goalkeeper coach) he's spoken about having another crack at a European competition and LCFC should not stand in his way. I'd like to think that we have goalkeeping resources already at the club to justify not going out and spending on another keeper.

He would be leaving me with some great memories and as a true club legend.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

His decision if true. No surprise, really noises was made at the end of last season . Why have we left everything so late . Not ideal… the dominoes haven’t taken effect yet?

There’s no proof we’ve left it late. There’s a chance we’ve been trying to find the right replacement all summer and either not found them or been turned down several times. This won’t be a new revelation about Kasper for the club.

Replacing Kasper is much more important than replacing Youri. Especially as nobody else wants Youri atm 😂😂

To answer the question, I want him to stay. But will respect the decision if he goes. It’s going to be a rough one if we only have Ward and Iversen though - need a replacement, even a short term one whilst we work on Iversen. Ward we need to move on quite soon.

Edited by phoneticerror

1 hour ago, crazies said:

Unpopular opinion from me 

time he went   Been a great servant but as a team and a club we need to replace the ageing players with new younger up coming players 

the only plus I can really take from his departure is the huge pay bill that goes with him 

need a keeper that can dominate the 6 yard box and slow play down when needed. 
kasper didn’t do any of this and some of his rash decisions over the years have cost so many points in  The last mins of the games 

I wish him well and thank him for everything positive he has done for the club but it’s time to move on for all parties involved  

Kasper has won us many more points and cup ties than he has cost us! 
I don’t know where you think we are going to find a goalkeeper that is young up and coming who can dominate the six yard box, slow play down when needed and is a great shot stopper too.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I agree with this but we will only know how well planned or otherwise the situation is when the window has played out. We might move quickly for his replacement. Also forget pope Newcastle would have blown us out of the water on wages.

Totally agree but I’d hate to see Kasper playing for another PL side, it’s a massive loss for us but really hope BR sand co bring in a decent replacement for our Kasper !

Won’t realise what we had until he’s gone. Clearly a giant figure on and off the pitch. Be hard to replace his loyalty to this club. This isn’t some stupid FIFA management game. Goes without saying that the club really must get his replacement right. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 2

Love the bloke and everything he's done for us but if he wants to go then fair enough. He's at his peak or just past it, general shot-stopping has always been good but positioning and commanding of area for corners and freekicks has been problematic for at least the last couple of seasons and he doesn't seem to be rectifying it. If he stays or leaves, he'll always be in that legendary bracket though. So many outstanding moments for us in his time here

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lee7 said:

I completely agree that it is a huge flaw in his game. 

He has been fortunate that in the past he could always rely on the likes of Huth, Morgan, Maguire & Wasilewski etc to deal with corners and free kicks into the box. All of those players were exceptional at defending set pieces but when your missing that type of presence in your own box and your suddenly forced to come out and claim crosses it was always going to be a tough ask as it was never a strong point for Schmeichel.

When he gave that interview on Ben Foster's podcast where he made coming for a cross out to be this stupid, impossible thing I did raise an eyebrow.

He's not bigger than the team. We have to replace him sometime.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Stay

We love to have a scapegoat as LCFC fans

Vardy

Drinkwater

Wellens

Kasper was not the root cause of last seasons embarrassments and ‘getting rid’ will not cure them for this season either

People say that we can’t get rid of Rodgers because we wouldn’t get any in who’s better. 

This definitely applies with Kasper

From what I was told by someone ITK, he was partly to blame for the Forest match. He was apparently supposed to be playing in that match but he threw a bit of a strop at the training ground the night before. Refused to go to bed because he wanted to play pool. Was giving it the "I'm Kasper Schmeichel, I can do what I want"

I know he's a club legend and he's earned the right to certain privileges, but IF what my friend has said is true (And I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't be, given his links to the club and the media), then this is the sort of "players thinking they run the club/player power" attitude is exactly what needs to be stamped out.

Edited by TiffToff88

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

From what I was told by someone ITK, he was partly to blame for the Forest match. He was apparently supposed to be playing in that match but he threw a bit of a strop at the training ground the night before. Refused to go to bed because he wanted to play pool. Was giving it the "I'm Kasper Schmeichel, I can do what I want"

I know he's a club legend and he's earned the right to certain privileges, but IF what my friend has said is true (And I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't be, given his links to the club and the media), then this is the sort of "players thinking they run the club" attitude is exactly what needs to be stamped out.

kasper with 5 mins sleep in 72 hours could not have been worse than ward in that game

• Haha 2

Just now, eblair said:

kasper with 5 mins sleep in 72 hours could not have been worse than ward in that game

Exactly. But Kasper was allegedly dropped because of his behaviour the night before so its hard not to think things could have been different if he had just done what he was told and not acted like he runs the place

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper has won us many more points and cup ties than he has cost us! 
I don’t know where you think we are going to find a goalkeeper that is young up and coming who can dominate the six yard box, slow play down when needed and is a great shot stopper too.

with the experience and leadership qualities of Kasper in a squad lacking in leaders. If you use the editor on football manager you'll find one on the cheap that ticks all the boxes

I'd much rather he stayed, still a class keeper and I think he was a guy who kept standards high, we will miss that IMHO.

Ether way, I think it's a real shame there won't be an opportunity to say a proper thank you and goodbye. An absolute club legend just leaving without the fans giving him the send-off he deserves. Sad.

53 minutes ago, eblair said:

Doris the tea lady could do better then Ward in 90% of the games he plays. There’s a reason he’s a number 2 and no one has put offers in for him over last couple of years 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I know he's a club legend and he's earned the right to certain privileges, but IF what my friend has said is true (And I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't be, given his links to the club and the media), then this is the sort of "players thinking they run the club/player power" attitude is exactly what needs to be stamped out.

I Wonder if the game went on too long because he was hesitant to the Collect the Cue ball.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I want him to stay but if it's his choice then we shouldn't stand in his way.

It's just a shame he's about 20 appearances away from 500 games for us which is incredible. I doubt we'll see that again.

None of our other goalkeepers are better than Kasper so his replacement needs to be really good. Kasper still remains one of the best shotstoppers in the league.

I couldn’t express myself better than this. He has been a fantastic servant for the club over the years and has helped create memories that will live with us forever. 

Ideally I’d like him to stay another year and pass the 500 mark. We are in an unsettled period and his leadership would be valuable. I still think he is one of the best keepers in the league and has lots to offer. He will be greatly missed and selfishly I will state that I don’t want him to go. In our hearts he never will though. If it’s his wish though we should let him go with our best wishes and admiration. I hope he then comes back to the club in some capacity once he has hung up his gloves. Well done Kasper. 

• Like 2