Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Kasper... Is it time to go?

Kasper... Is it time to go?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Go or stay?

• Go
    • Stay

Many saying that finding a replacement of the same quality is impossible and that’s absolute boulder dash. 

He’s an ageing keeper with one outstanding attribute that the club/fans have an enormous amount of sentimentality for. Not to mention he’s on an incredible amount of money for a keeper. Quite easily replaced if the club play their cards right. 

Love him and wouldn't be against him staying but all good things must come to an end. It can't be an easy decision for him but maybe the clubs ambitions (whatever they are nowadays) no longer match his own. Will always be a legend regardless 

• Like 1

He’s done everything he can here. 10 seasons, promotion, the great escape, league winner, FA Cup winner, Champions League quarter final, Europa Conference semi final.

We’re not in Europe, who can begrudge him a new challenge, Champions League football for his last few years, and retiring to the French Rivera?

• Like 1

I think the time is right especially if he wants to have one more challenge.
He owes the club nothing, his £1m fee must go down as one of our best ever transfer and he’s a bona fide City legend. However he’s also 36 in a few months and even for a goalkeeper it probably means 2 maybe 3 years tops. If the club has told him he’s not guaranteed to start which no player should be especially one who’s form has been sketchy recently and he’s rather spend his last few seasons as a pro down in Nice then fair play. 

We’ll move on and have two adequate replacements immediately and have the luxury of seeing how they fair in the first few games before seeing if we need to sign anyone else.

I'm very much torn. 50/50

We've been very lucky to have had him for so long.....had the best of him definitely.

There were many comments on these boards last season blaming him for poor distribution, not being commanding from set pieces etc. 

Either way he will be missed, his character alone stood out as mich as his shot stopping..

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

We've been very lucky to have had him for so long.....had the best of him definitely.

There were many comments on these boards last season blaming him for poor distribution, not being commanding from set pieces etc. 

Either way he will be missed, his character alone stood out as mich as his shot stopping..

His poor distribution is partially a myth if you look at his official stats. Every single fan of any team tends to be more frustrated while watching the GK of his team misplacing a high ball to the RB or LB. It happens also in ManCity, Liverpool etc. The question is how many of these incomplete passes have led to a scoring opportunity for the opposition. 

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Out of all the players he has been the one who has commented the most about how much he loves the club and what wonderful owners we have, and then he drops this on us as the season is about to start, thanks Kasper for all that love, perhaps now we can get someone in who commands there area rather than stand on the goal line. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Kasper has won us many more points and cup ties than he has cost us! 
I don’t know where you think we are going to find a goalkeeper that is young up and coming who can dominate the six yard box, slow play down when needed and is a great shot stopper too.

Ain’t come here to argue mate.  We all have opinions and for me to respect yours surely you need to respect others ? 
kasper is getting old he needs replacing sonnet or later 

his wage bill is massive it needs to be lowered 

these are the facts like them or not 

I did state it’s an unpopular opinion to be fair 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’m not saying we’d still wouldn’t be bottom of the league and conceded 16 in 6 if Kasper was still here, but I don’t think we’d be bottom of the league and conceded 16 in 6 if Kasper was still here.

Well he wouldn’t have left the goal wide open a number of times like ward yesterday so I agree 

On 27/07/2022 at 07:38, Fox92 said:

I want him to stay but if it's his choice then we shouldn't stand in his way.

It's just a shame he's about 20 appearances away from 500 games for us which is incredible. I doubt we'll see that again.

None of our other goalkeepers are better than Kasper so his replacement needs to be really good. Kasper still remains one of the best shotstoppers in the league.

And I still stand by this. Just a shame the club didn't get a replacement.

• Like 1