Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Kasper... Is it time to go?

Kasper... Is it time to go?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Go or stay?

• Go
    • Stay

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

One of the most bizarre decisions this football club has EVER made.  Where was the gain?  What was the benefit? 

I just pray the decision won't be terminal.  However I'm fearing the worst right now.  

About 7m off the annual wage bill for a club struggling financially 

4 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

One of the most bizarre decisions this football club has EVER made.  Where was the gain?  What was the benefit? 

I just pray the decision won't be terminal.  However I'm fearing the worst right now.  

Yeah it's money, our wages must be in such a state. It was logical.

The decision after though truly was bizarre. Not bettering Kasper is probably the worst thing we've done as a club for a long long time. And i mean no disrespect to Ward, it's not his fault, but he's a reserve at best, cup keeper if we have to. He's by a large margin the worst Premier League keeper this season and it shows. Even from an FPL perspective this is the first time to my knowledge a 4.0 GK has been an actual number 1 starter and is intended to be the starter. It's baffling and I don't know if it's Rudkin, Rodgers or someone else but they've really damaged us.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

That declining striker finished 8th top scorer in the league despite playing 25 games 

Not saying we should have got rid of Vardy, far from it.

But a fresh new contract when we're supposedly skint?  So skint that we needed to bin off our most experienced player, Denmarks number 1 and the backbone of our defence?  

Nothing about his departure made sense.  Especially when we had offers to get rid of some of our other deadwood but didn't take it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I miss Kasper, what a presence he was. Bilingual but far more articulate than any English national I've seen interviewed. 

Just watched an extended highlight of the FA finals, Kasper hands down won us that game, what a player!

Kasper is past his best of that there is no doubt. Ward is playing because this club needed to remove Kasper's salary from the wage bill and were not prepared to hire another top class , and expensive , goalkeeper to replace him.. We have saved , if you also include Fofana , about 12.5 million a year . That would be about £10 million if you include Faes. Great news , we are also bottom of the league with one point.

4 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Not saying we should have got rid of Vardy, far from it.

But a fresh new contract when we're supposedly skint?  So skint that we needed to bin off our most experienced player, Denmarks number 1 and the backbone of our defence?  

Nothing about his departure made sense.  Especially when we had offers to get rid of some of our other deadwood but didn't take it.

Vardy was offered and signed a reduced wage contract something  Kasper wasn’t prepared to do . 

• Like 2