Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Kasper... Is it time to go?

Kasper... Is it time to go?   

286 members have voted

1. 1. Go or stay?

• Go
    • Stay

On 18/09/2022 at 15:51, Tuna said:

Probably go down as one of the stupidest decisions of a football club in recent seasons, selling the number one goalkeeper a club legend and captain days before the start of the season and not bothering to replace him.

He mentioned about wanting to play in Europe again before retiring. Surely the club knew this. They should have been looking at a replacement for the past year or so.

Such a key position and we've let a good goalkeeper go to replace him with someone who wouldn't get into any other PL side.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He mentioned about wanting to play in Europe again before retiring. Surely the club knew this. They should have been looking at a replacement for the past year or so.

Such a key position and we've let a good goalkeeper go to replace him with someone who wouldn't get into any other PL side.

Perhaps we've also underestimated his value off the pitch as well, a huge voice and natural leader taken out of the squad, it will have an effect on the team, I wonder whether these capitulations at Brighton and Spurs would have occurred with Kasper as our goalkeeper.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Perhaps we've also underestimated his value off the pitch as well, a huge voice and natural leader taken out of the squad, it will have an effect on the team, I wonder whether these capitulations at Brighton and Spurs would have occurred with Kasper as our goalkeeper.

We didn't have many bastards who would grab others by the scruff of their neck personalities left before Kasper's departure, we've got none now.

I don't even see the nastiness Vardy had anymore.

I remember players saying Evans kept saying 'Come on the record is 9-0, lets get it' during our 9-0 win v Southampton, but do I see him being a bastard? Grabbing people by the scruff of their neck? Dragging people through trenches? Do I ****.

But this runs throughout the club now, we're all too nicey, nicey, caring about what others think rather than doing what's right for ourselves.

Edited by Matt

Should have a VAR. Was a clear and obvious error letting him move on. Would think Rodgers scuppering 150 games on the trot was the final straw. My seat is on the halfway line behind the Technical Area and it was not uncommon to see Rodgers whining at Kasper, especially when he was flying off at some of the players in front of him. Have a feeling Kasper was being generous to Brendan with his leaving comments. 

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 4

I am bemused by the whole thing..... I thought we had an academy with 3 good young keepers and Iversen had been groomed for the role.

Today I thought of Kasper when I actually looked at the old sticker on my second hand bunk bed, got a crap camera so the clearer google version

SUD.jpg.d088178c9fd5db1b3a9a6ddddfc704ad.jpg

Did not see a Stoke sticker ..............

Relatives / respresentatives talked to the Nice owner to get him to make Favre start him for the 1st game - Favre chose to play Bulka

Has been turning up late for training / meetings which has annoyed teammates

Arrived with a very high body fat index

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/ligue-1/nice-pourquoi-le-retour-de-lucien-favre-a-tourne-au-fiasco_AV-202209200683.html

At Les Aiglons, the entourage of new goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is in direct contact with owner Jim Ratcliffe. Which may have caused some frustration. During the first day, for example, relatives of the goalkeeper did not hesitate to call the boss directly so that Favre established the Dane. It was bad to know the former coach of Dortmund. Favre left Schmeichel on the sidelines and preferred Marcin Bulka. 

More generally, the doorman passed by Leicester violates the rules of life of the group (meeting time, greening of the club), which annoys certain partners of the locker room. Far from being irreproachable when he is the holder, the captain of the Danish selection also stood out upon his arrival with a very high body fat index.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Relatives / respresentatives talked to the Nice owner to get him to make Favre start him for the 1st game - Favre chose to play Bulka

Has been turning up late for training / meetings which has annoyed teammates

Arrived with a very high body fat index

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/ligue-1/nice-pourquoi-le-retour-de-lucien-favre-a-tourne-au-fiasco_AV-202209200683.html

At Les Aiglons, the entourage of new goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is in direct contact with owner Jim Ratcliffe. Which may have caused some frustration. During the first day, for example, relatives of the goalkeeper did not hesitate to call the boss directly so that Favre established the Dane. It was bad to know the former coach of Dortmund. Favre left Schmeichel on the sidelines and preferred Marcin Bulka. 

More generally, the doorman passed by Leicester violates the rules of life of the group (meeting time, greening of the club), which annoys certain partners of the locker room. Far from being irreproachable when he is the holder, the captain of the Danish selection also stood out upon his arrival with a very high body fat index.

If true, I'm sure Ratcliffe appreciated being disturbed by Kaspers representatives... Pretty sure he's busy enough running his own business that having someone go above his delegated managers head to complain went down a treat. 

Edited by desertfox2
K

On 19/09/2022 at 17:08, Father Ted said:

Kasper saw what was coming. Clearly issues off the pitch (and I’m not talking from an ownership or monetary perspective).

Yep we lost three games in the last 12…….As I recall Rodgers thought he would sign a replacement as part of the refresh, but funds were pulled…..he left because he wanted to play in Europe, but more importantly he wanted a contract extension/improvement….as it was we got £1m for him, and given the debate about the clubs finances, that probably swung the deal…..