Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

Callum Hudson-Odoi

They will want to do some sort of trade off in regards to Fofana, even if it was portrayed as a separate deal.

Not for me, i would rather keep fofana, or pocket at least a 100 million, 80 million up front for him, and take our chances at getting another right winger in, who will command less in wages. 

If that isn`t acceptable then bad luck, they can toddle off and look for a cheaper centre half!

Edited by smudger63
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not for me. Paid about 120k a week and he’s done nothing in the game, a prime example of money spoiling a good talent.

We really need to start signing players who are hungry to play and succeed.

Or, develop our own from our 100 million quid trading centre, after all, that’s what it’s for

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

To be fair I've mentally suppressed approximately 75% of last season, so yes lol

it was part of the 5 game or so run he got during their injury crisis, lots of their fans thought he was the best player over the period. 

his first game in they smashed norwich 7-0. 

After players returned and he went back to the bench, their season went from title contenders to absolute muck. 

How do i know this, you might be wondering. I drafted him in my fantasy league before that norwich game and it was a master stroke. Had to keep an eye on chelsea forums to work out when he would be kicked out again. 

But what i will say, when he plays in his position, he is great. But the problem is they don’t want a winger to hug the touchline… whereas we would. 

I think he’d be very astute. Especially as he has experience playing rwb something we might need if castagne gets a knock

he actually got subbed on in this role and got several crucial assists in the first season we lost out on top 4. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Or, develop our own from our 100 million quid trading centre, after all, that’s what it’s for

I had the pleasure of visiting there a few days ago, I came away thinking that we have no excuse to ever lose a game, or not produce at least one breakthrough player per season, absolutely unbelievable facility.

13 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Definitely worth it on a loan as long as he can come on reasonable wages on a buy clause.

Agree with this. We’ve signed no one and lost Lookman. Last season people were happy we signed Bertrand and Vestergaard but not keen on this transfer!? 🤯

Unlikely CHO signs unless we sell them Fofana.

Wouldn't surprise me Chelsea leaking Southampton's interest to try to encourage us to sell Fofana, and then get CHO on a loan deal. 

Doubt that kind of ploy is going to work, I guess we'll have other targets for a pacy winger.

If this deal was done without losing Fofana then I’d welcome it. We lost Lookman so he’d be this season’s loan winger signing. If there was a way to get his career back on track then working under Rodgers with regular game time would be the way to do it.

If it doesn’t work out he gets sent back. Could do a lot worse and he can be an exciting player to watch, something I feel the fans need this season given circumstances around club finances. 

• Like 1

if it’s a permanent or loan with a buy option, sure. I think CHO looks like a real talent and hopefully he will have something to prove having not had a chance at Chelsea.

If it is just a loan as a sweetener for the Fofana deal, no thanks.

I would hate for us to be used as a loan farm club for Chelsea. We are surely better than that. 

3 hours ago, Micky said:

His attitude is dogshit. Returned to preseason overweight. Over paid. No thanks. 

Think he's coming back from preseason bulked up rather than fat. 

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2022/7/10/23202413/hudson-odoi-bulked-up-dialed-in-ready-to-throw-down-and-ball-out

Sadly though he also ruptured his achilles like Ricardo and we all know that is difficult to fully ever recover from.

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/news/in-terms-of-the-trauma-medical-expect-on-callum-hudson-odois-injury

I like the lad, but feel he might be injury prone now.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

Since Chelsea are so desperate to steal foffana from us they ain’t gonna trade anyone easily to us even their cast offs.

I know we sell

one of our top players every season but this just feels wrong. Tielemans is the one we had planned for not lil Wes. This would be a mistake. It’s very late in the season and goes against our own club policy. 
move on Chelsea and stop wasting everyone’s time. We have a game to play Sunday.

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Since Chelsea are so desperate to steal foffana from us they ain’t gonna trade anyone easily to us even their cast offs.

I know we sell

one of our top players every season but this just feels wrong. Tielemans is the one we had planned for not lil Wes. This would be a mistake. It’s very late in the season and goes against our own club policy. 
move on Chelsea and stop wasting everyone’s time. We have a game to play Sunday.

They might be playing the long game to get Foffana.

Give us CHO for the season hoping he will do well for us then next season use him as part of the deal to get Foffana.

There's a reason why he's not regularly picked at Chelsea. The new model of signing already exposed Premiership players in the shape of Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand hasn't exactly worked out well. What is it about this one that leaps out as a beacon of potential success?

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Not for me. Paid about 120k a week and he’s done nothing in the game, a prime example of money spoiling a good talent.

We really need to start signing players who are hungry to play and succeed.

Spot on, we should be avoiding this guy at all costs.

I’d rather find a player who aspires to do more and then get someone like CHO whose going to come here demanding the earth and feel like he’s doing us a favour being here.

• Like 1

Sign him. Get Chelsea to pay half his wages until his contract with them ends. 

It's not like Chelsea have a history of letting talent go without them getting a chance. 

He has a lot of raw talent and a lot to prove. 

If the price was right I would definitely take him