Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trugerkem

First game attended

My old man took me to us VS Boro league Cup final at the old Wembley, 1997 I think. Remember it being a draw and went to a replay which I didn't go to. So missed the trophy being lifted which as a kid was what I wanted to see. And from then on I never looked back.

If it is allowed I confess to my first professional football match attended was not Leicester game. The real first game was with my older Spurs supporting brother. October 1965 Spurs 2 West Brom 1. Brace from the wonderful Jimmy Greaves. Leicester were already my team and no chance I would change.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Line-X said:

It has. Oh well.

A dreadfully dull goalless encounter with Bristol City in 1977. The only noteworthy thing about the match was the debut of Larry May. 

And that match was my first too

• Like 1

Memories of my earliest matches mainly consist of the old scoreboard above the west stand at Filbert Street.

It was magical. Graphics flashing up for corners, goals, cards etc, then of course the Scoreflash.

Have no memory of my first match, a 3-0 win against Brighton in 90/91. First memory is of the pandemonium at my 3rd match v Oxford.

My 1st home game was 1996 / 1997 - Steve Walsh testimonial v (I think) a Brian Little 11.  Seem to remember Gaza and Chris Evans playing?  

My first ever game was the play-off final v Derby County at Wembley.  A friend of my dads had a spare ticket.

Edited by Big Dave

25 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Tottenham 0 City 1

(Alan Tewley.)

A very young Peter Shilton was a one man wall!!...just unbeatable!

Think Frank Large made his debut in that game too?

Brilliant. I remember this match. Peter was amazing. So surprised we won. Bragging rights at school on the Monday. Nice for Tewley to get the winner.

• Like 2