Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trugerkem

First game attended

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Brilliant. I remember this match. Peter was amazing. So surprised we won. Bragging rights at school on the Monday. Nice for Tewley to get the winner.

Spuds had gone something like 42 home games unbeaten!!...

It was like The Alamo!!

Shilts was just unbelievable and God knows how many certain goals he saved!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

Grimsby at home when I was 8. A cold night game in 1991. Was in the double decker, couldn’t see the kop end goal because everyone was standing up and I was next to a bloke who stunk of piss.

Fell in love immediately 

He still goes, sat next to him a few times at away games

• Haha 1

May 1985 as an 8 yr old v's Sunderland. W 2-0. Last home game for Gary Lineker... My Dad said he was going to have some career, and I'd be able to tell my grandchildren I'd seen him play for Leicester... 

Onto the next generation now, and kids first games are Cambridge away friendly in 2019, and Brighton at home in 2022.

Port Vale at home 96. 1-1, Scott Taylor for us, Guppy was playing for them. Had been to see Norwich a few months before but it didn't really appeal to me.

Few months later we were at Wembley and that was it. I know it's common to say something along the lines of 'ruined my life' but honestly it was the best decision ever, can't even fathom how crap it must be to support a club like Norwich compared to Leicester.

Or any club really.

Edited by bovril

4th February 1989

Leicester City 0 - 2 Hull City

I'd been bugging my dad to take me for ages, the pools coupons came in the post and I picked out that game and asked if we could go.

He reluctantly agreed.

It was absolutely awful, but we never looked back.

Keith Edwards scored twice for Hull, I was in total awe of seeing players like Gary McAlister, but the overwhelming memory is walking up that entrance in the Double Decker and seeing the pitch for the first time. Goosebumps.

A feeling that I still get to this day.

47 minutes ago, waddadamadda said:

No idea what year it was however I believe it was a Boxing Day fixture. We played Watford - finished 4-4 and I think it was Ian Ormondroyd who equalised late on.

I was 12 maybe 13, proper short and my Dad made me stand in the Kop. So yeah, 30ish years ago. 

27th December 1993.

Unbelievably, we played, and lost 3-2, away to Derby the next day.

Is this the last time we played games on consecutive days?

I seem to remember Gary Mills making an incredible solo run for one of our goals in the Watford game?

• Like 1

73/74 maybe. I couldn’t tell you the exact game, I’m not even sure of the season. 

Mum and Dad were both STH’s I was taken along as soon as I was old enough and wasn’t palmed off onto the grandparents on Saturday afternoon anymore.