Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
trugerkem

First game attended

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

27th December 1993.

Unbelievably, we played, and lost 3-2, away to Derby the next day.

Is this the last time we played games on consecutive days?

I seem to remember Gary Mills making an incredible solo run for one of our goals in the Watford game?

I couldn’t see much of the game as I was (and still am!) really short. I vividly remember losing my dad after each goal

as I was swept up into the crowd and carried down the steps lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Remarkable how many remember.

Haven’t a clue. It was at Filbert Street and I was probably 5 or 6.

I dont remember my 1st fame at filbert st either.

But that's because my 1st game was away from home so it's easy to remember it.

West Brom away Jan 89. A 1-1draw, Paul Ried scored for us. Carl muggelton made his debut, we played in red. Still hate Red.

This also probably explains my slight obsession with away days and grounds. 

West Ham reserves in a FNF Probably early 2000s maybe late 90s, if I remember correctly we won 4-2 with a second half turnaround. First team I think my first was probably Watford in the first league game at the Walkers, don’t think I saw any first team games at Filbert Street.

Great thread for old feckers! Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers, 25 October 1980. Won 2-0, goals from Martin Henderson and Alan Young. I was in the Filbert Street end with my dad, aged seven.

7 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Great thread for old feckers! Leicester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers, 25 October 1980. Won 2-0, goals from Martin Henderson and Alan Young. I was in the Filbert Street end with my dad, aged seven.

Your dad was aged 7 …. Hats off to him

• Haha 1

That first sight of the pitch and the goals. Actually having sight of the goals was a big factor in the days of standing at top games surrounded by adults. I think there is a scene in Fever Pitch where the boy walks up the steps from the concourse and gets his first sight of pitch. Unforgettable