Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

22/23 Injuries Thread

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hardly comparable with missing Barnes, though. 

Didn’t know it was a competition, I was just indicating that we’re not that unique 

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Horrible news, and especially as there isnt really players to replace what both of them offer, our team is imbalanced.

Doesnt give me any confidence our injury problems are going to cool down either.

I’d argue Ricardo is, if all the first choice players the most replaceable with both Justin and Castagne able to do what he does.

Ricardo pre first injury, was arguably in the top three full backs in the league, however, with everyone fit in not sure if he’s in our best XI - Castagne is out best full back, and Justin is out best LB. 

Barnes I agree is completely irreplaceable with what he does, and it will need a bit of a formation rethink to cover him. The addition of Praet this season will help and I though although very different, he did really well in Barnes is position against Sevilla 

9 hours ago, davieG said:

Brentford have their injuries too

Brentford duo Kristoffer Ajer and Sergi Canos will both miss the start of the season through injury, while Ethan Pinnock is a long-term absentee.

Yes puts our present Problem in a better light...other Teams will have their 2-3 absentees.

So long as we Don t Repeat These last 2 seasons & the Barometer moves yet again into chronic....

On 05/08/2022 at 11:08, davieG said:

Brentford have their injuries too

Brentford duo Kristoffer Ajer and Sergi Canos will both miss the start of the season through injury, while Ethan Pinnock is a long-term absentee.

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes puts our present Problem in a better light...other Teams will have their 2-3 absentees.

So long as we Don t Repeat These last 2 seasons & the Barometer moves yet again into chronic....

Difference is other teams also BOLSTERED their squads with several new additions...

Having said that though, the biggest "absentee" for Brentford is likely to be losing Christain Erksen. 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barnes?

“Nothing specific. He’s been with the medical team, so we don’t have a specific time."

Injuries?

“There’s nothing new.”

How can they not have a rough idea or timeline of when he's likely to be back in training. 

We have to sign a wide player surely to god? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jabfox said:

How can they not have a rough idea or timeline of when he's likely to be back in training. 

We have to sign a wide player surely to god? 

Apparently he has an "irritation" around the knee

Depending on what they are doing to treat it they would need to see how he reacts to the treatment first which can take a bit of time itself depending on what it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The slow Mo of the injury looked like a hyper extension. The initial description of instability around his knee made me think of a ligament issue straight away.

You would have assumed they have done a scan and it's nothing too serious.

I think we are going to be ultra careful this season.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The slow Mo of the injury looked like a hyper extension. The initial description of instability around his knee made me think of a ligament issue straight away.

As we saw with Ricardo if it was anything really serious such as a ruptured ligament we would have found out by now as I expect one of the first things they would have done is scan his knee

Could be a ligament sprain which can take a few weeks to recover from

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You would have assumed they have done a scan and it's nothing too serious.

I think we are going to be ultra careful this season.

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

As we saw with Ricardo if it was anything really serious such as a ruptured ligament we would have found out by now as I expect one of the first things they would have done is scan his knee

Could be a ligament sprain which can take a few weeks to recover from

Both correct here, we do appear to be being more careful than last season. And you'd assume that any scans have revealed it being a sprain or knock rather than any sort of ligament tear. 

Just have to be hopeful it is minor and weeks out not months.

Surely that stops us playing an over aggressive teams as our final friendly next season?

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

barnes has gone from a few weeks to not having a specific time.. where have i seen this before 

I noticed this lol

September, we'll get an update. "Harvey's a few months away from being on the grass as it was worse than we first feared"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

barnes has gone from a few weeks to not having a specific time.. where have i seen this before 

Its not the first time his knees have gone either. I wonder if he's playing with a persistent issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently he has an "irritation" around the knee

Depending on what they are doing to treat it they would need to see how he reacts to the treatment first which can take a bit of time itself depending on what it is

there's an Irritation in the dug out too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1